what is the water temp ?

• SRC Member
hi bro, :thanks: will go for the budget one ...Hailea 1/5 hp...

1/5 might be too small for ur tank size.....min also at least a 1/4 liao......my 3 2 2.5 already using 1/2hp. overkill always better than underpowered.

• Like 1

hi bro, :thanks: will go for the budget one ...Hailea 1/5 hp...

bro, tat will be too small for for ur tank, im using a 1/4 for my 3x2x2 and i find that it is just sufficient for me

Main tank: 4.5 x 2.5 x 2
Skimmer: Deltec AP701
Return pump: RD 6

Chiller: Daikin compressor with Titanium coil
Wavemaker: Jebao w-20, Maxspect Gyre xf150

Lighting: 8x54 ATI Sunpower Non-dimmable

Linked tank
Main tank: 2 x 1 x 2
Return: Eheim 1260
Lighting: AI Hydra 26 with controller
Wavemaker: Tunze 6025
My decommed 3 ft setup

Higher temps increases the toxicity of waste materials. Also brings reduced oxygen levels. It also makes the metabolic rates of livestock increase. All bad.

It's possible but not recommended. It's a fine balance but a slight tilt could crash the system if lets say your pumps overheats or your MHs stay on for a long time.

Higher temps increases the toxicity of waste materials. Also brings reduced oxygen levels. It also makes the metabolic rates of livestock increase. All bad.

It's possible but not recommended. It's a fine balance but a slight tilt could crash the system if lets say your pumps overheats or your MHs stay on for a long time.

:o so which model suitable for my tank ???

Hi Achilles Tang, so is it the best to invest a chiller ? to keep the temp low 28'C ? currently my temp shot up to 30-31.5'C :cry: and what hosepower chiller should I use ? look for the buget one ?

Hi Achilles Tang, so is it the best to invest a chiller ? to keep the temp low 28'C ? currently my temp shot up to 30-31.5'C :cry: and what hosepower chiller should I use ? look for the buget one ?

31.5C is very scary....

You really ought to try using a fan at least to increase evaporation if you can't afford a chiller.

For your tank size, you should consider the Hailea HC-500A. 1/2 HP, you will probably need the power since your temps can reach as high at 31.5C.

Or if you really can't stretch your budget that far, use Fans and a HC-300A together.

For your tank size, you should consider the Hailea HC-500A. 1/2 HP, you will probably need the power since your temps can reach as high at 31.5C.

Or if you really can't stretch your budget that far, use Fans and a HC-300A together.

:thanks: to all bros , think will go for hailea HC-500A Chiller, anyone use this model ? it is good ?

:thanks: to all bros , think will go for hailea HC-500A Chiller, anyone use this model ? it is good ?

Seldom hear of problems with Hailea chillers, its the most reliable china brand. They also OEM manufacture chillers for some US / European companies.

Those companies just rebrand the chiller and mark up.