Binosage's 24G nano tank

albinosage

♫ UNZ.. UNZ... UNZ... ♫

Artist interpretation:

post-15730-1268209111.jpg

kekeke..... he looks so cool!

the only flaw about using the original clip on is, it's too long...as a result the light is too front, so the back of yr tank dun get that much light...if u notice....i believe it is designed more for cube tank rather than rectangular shape tank....

I think it is alright leh, the back doesn't seem too dark to me. My new tank will be a little more cubish, and I will probably get the sliding bracket anyway ;)

Cute.... :lol:
LOL... WTH!!!! hahahaha... :lol::lol::lol:
kekeke..... he looks so cool!

LOL thanks! I'm sure the clownfish will feel so loved if he knows how you all feel about him hahaha.

I think it is alright leh, the back doesn't seem too dark to me. My new tank will be a little more cubish, and I will probably get the sliding bracket anyway ;)

Hey Bino, share with me the dimension of your tank and IOS.

need some reference.

Sure! :) It will be very similar to peacemaker's tank, but shorter and with the IOS running in the opposite direction. I am intending to reuse the JBJ cabinet for the new tank. The reason I am taking so long to make up my mind is that I don't know whether to use crystal glass for the front panel or not hahaha. It will be quite awesome for viewing and photography if I go with crystal glass la.

Quick sketch which I have been bringing around to ask for quotes. Feels like govt tender evaluation :wacko:

post-15730-1268210132_thumb.jpg

WOW your nano tank is really a treat for the eyes. :) Beautiful scaping and the variety of stuff u have there. :) nice :)

Kudos.

:bow:

Desi

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

WOW your nano tank is really a treat for the eyes. :) Beautiful scaping and the variety of stuff u have there. :) nice :)

Kudos.

:bow:

Desi

Dont praise me like that leh make me paiseh :paiseh: Nothing compared to the BIG tank that you and ketchup have la :eyebrow:

Pom pom crab is pregnant again! (Gave birth last night LOL)

post-15730-1268209381_thumb.jpg

Practicing tai chi in the open, quite a rare sighting.

Lol.. your "dirty" tank is always so fertile... last time was the peeping seahorse, illegal massage cleaners.. lol

Cannot liddat say... Circle of life mah. Mother nature at work haha.

Bino,

you are using the Tunze 9002 skimmer?

Probably will be reusing the Tunze. If I'm feeling a bit rich I might get that Deltec dunno-what-number nano skimmer. :shock:

Sure! :) It will be very similar to peacemaker's tank, but shorter and with the IOS running in the opposite direction. I am intending to reuse the JBJ cabinet for the new tank. The reason I am taking so long to make up my mind is that I don't know whether to use crystal glass for the front panel or not hahaha. It will be quite awesome for viewing and photography if I go with crystal glass la.

Quick sketch which I have been bring around to ask for quotes. Feels like govt tender evaluation :wacko:

i wd suggest making the height of yr tank higher....make yr tank looks bigger...something like 3-4cm more...just my suggestion....

Probably will be reusing the Tunze. If I'm feeling a bit rich I might get that Deltec dunno-what-number nano skimmer. :shock:

k k. let you do the research then I just model after yours lol....

your IOS have space to put carbon, NP pellet, filter wool, skimmer and a refugium?

(very demanding hor)

Deltec.... maybe have to be hob MCE 300

maybe ask Peacemaker whether REmora is better or Tunze 9002.

i wd suggest making the height of yr tank higher....make yr tank looks bigger...something like 3-4cm more...just my suggestion....

good suggestion. cannot expand left right front back..... then can only go upwards.....

then IOS also have more space.

your IOS have space to put carbon, NP pellet, filter wool, skimmer and a refugium?

(very demanding hor)

MCE300 is a better choice...coz the pump is not place inside the tank....as for tunze 9002...it will occupy yr precious real estate in the main tank....and the collection cup is big...can be an eye sore...since u r a graphic designer...

good suggestion. cannot expand left right front back..... then can only go upwards.....

then IOS also have more space.

Wah the Singapore story... No space? Build upwards! Hahaha. I am actually quite happy with the height, this will be even higher than the 24G nanocube which is about 16.5 inch tall. Anyway, making the tank taller will have hidden cost like stronger lighting. 18 inch is kind of the ideal depth for my light set. :P

(very demanding hor)

The IOS will be 10cm (about 4 inches), that is enough to fit the original Tunze 9002 collection cup haha. My chaeto will be kept in the first compartment under the media rack/egg crate which will hold the wool and carbon.

Quick sketch which I have been bring around to ask for quotes. Feels like govt tender evaluation :wacko:

Suggest you to change the center compartment overflow to cater to your tunze skimmer and maintain a constant water level.....

something like this...

post-5684-1268212081_thumb.jpg

MCE300 is a better choice...coz the pump is not place inside the tank....as for tunze 9002...it will occupy yr precious real estate in the main tank....and the collection cup is big...can be an eye sore...since u r a graphic designer...

Yah thats the model I was thinking of. Not sure if I want to splurge on so much stuff at one go, so I will keep to my Tunze for now and upgrade in the future. The collection cup should sit flush and hidden if I keep the water level slightly lower in the IOS.

My chaeto will be kept in the first compartment under the media rack/egg crate which will hold the wool and carbon.

how is the egg crate going to stay in position?

you making a stopper? or something like the in-tank media basket?

Suggest you to change the center compartment overflow to cater to your tunze skimmer and maintain a constant water level.....

something like this...

!!! Great idea!!! Yup I was wondering how I can maintain a consistent water level. Thanks for cracking this puzzle for me.

how is the egg crate going to stay in position?

you making a stopper? or something like the in-tank media basket?

Actually the tank maker can build that for me, all in the package. It is something simple like a stopper/groove to hold the egg crate. I just have to provide the drawings.

brother, BIG doesn't mean nice.. just means MESSY cause I can throw stuff in... you designer ah?

Come and design my tank in the future!.. I any old how throw stuff one.. AHHAHA

yours.. asthetically pleasing. :)..

;) desi

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

Actually the tank maker can build that for me, all in the package. It is something simple like a stopper/groove to hold the egg crate. I just have to provide the drawings.

k cool. when you get a quote, check how much cheaper if you if order 2 sets.

I am not confirmed yet though.

k cool. when you get a quote, check how much cheaper if you if order 2 sets.

I am not confirmed yet though.

So u selling your tank to get another one abt the same size huh??? :eyebrow:

yah.. my long narrow tank have to wait until I move house liao.....

Next time u move house can do a U shape tank... :whistle