Binosage's 24G nano tank

albinosage

♫ UNZ.. UNZ... UNZ... ♫

Artist interpretation:

post-15730-1268209111.jpg

kekeke..... he looks so cool!

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member
the only flaw about using the original clip on is, it's too long...as a result the light is too front, so the back of yr tank dun get that much light...if u notice....i believe it is designed more for cube tank rather than rectangular shape tank....

I think it is alright leh, the back doesn't seem too dark to me. My new tank will be a little more cubish, and I will probably get the sliding bracket anyway ;)

Cute.... :lol:
LOL... WTH!!!! hahahaha... :lol::lol::lol:
kekeke..... he looks so cool!

LOL thanks! I'm sure the clownfish will feel so loved if he knows how you all feel about him hahaha.

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

I think it is alright leh, the back doesn't seem too dark to me. My new tank will be a little more cubish, and I will probably get the sliding bracket anyway ;)

Hey Bino, share with me the dimension of your tank and IOS.

need some reference.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

• SRC Member

Sure! :) It will be very similar to peacemaker's tank, but shorter and with the IOS running in the opposite direction. I am intending to reuse the JBJ cabinet for the new tank. The reason I am taking so long to make up my mind is that I don't know whether to use crystal glass for the front panel or not hahaha. It will be quite awesome for viewing and photography if I go with crystal glass la.

Quick sketch which I have been bringing around to ask for quotes. Feels like govt tender evaluation :wacko:

post-15730-1268210132_thumb.jpg

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

WOW your nano tank is really a treat for the eyes. :) Beautiful scaping and the variety of stuff u have there. :) nice :)

Kudos.

:bow:

Cheers,

Desi

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member
WOW your nano tank is really a treat for the eyes. :) Beautiful scaping and the variety of stuff u have there. :) nice :)

Kudos.

:bow:

Cheers,

Desi

Dont praise me like that leh make me paiseh :paiseh: Nothing compared to the BIG tank that you and ketchup have la :eyebrow:

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member
Pom pom crab is pregnant again! (Gave birth last night LOL)

post-15730-1268209381_thumb.jpg

Practicing tai chi in the open, quite a rare sighting.

Lol.. your "dirty" tank is always so fertile... last time was the peeping seahorse, illegal massage cleaners.. lol

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• SRC Member
Lol.. your "dirty" tank is always so fertile... last time was the peeping seahorse, illegal massage cleaners.. lol

Cannot liddat say... Circle of life mah. Mother nature at work haha.

Bino,

you are using the Tunze 9002 skimmer?

Probably will be reusing the Tunze. If I'm feeling a bit rich I might get that Deltec dunno-what-number nano skimmer. :shock:

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member
Sure! :) It will be very similar to peacemaker's tank, but shorter and with the IOS running in the opposite direction. I am intending to reuse the JBJ cabinet for the new tank. The reason I am taking so long to make up my mind is that I don't know whether to use crystal glass for the front panel or not hahaha. It will be quite awesome for viewing and photography if I go with crystal glass la.

Quick sketch which I have been bring around to ask for quotes. Feels like govt tender evaluation :wacko:

i wd suggest making the height of yr tank higher....make yr tank looks bigger...something like 3-4cm more...just my suggestion....

l7304smr.jpg

Probably will be reusing the Tunze. If I'm feeling a bit rich I might get that Deltec dunno-what-number nano skimmer. :shock:

k k. let you do the research then I just model after yours lol....

your IOS have space to put carbon, NP pellet, filter wool, skimmer and a refugium?

(very demanding hor)

Deltec.... maybe have to be hob MCE 300

maybe ask Peacemaker whether REmora is better or Tunze 9002.

i wd suggest making the height of yr tank higher....make yr tank looks bigger...something like 3-4cm more...just my suggestion....

good suggestion. cannot expand left right front back..... then can only go upwards.....

then IOS also have more space.

• SRC Member

your IOS have space to put carbon, NP pellet, filter wool, skimmer and a refugium?

(very demanding hor)

MCE300 is a better choice...coz the pump is not place inside the tank....as for tunze 9002...it will occupy yr precious real estate in the main tank....and the collection cup is big...can be an eye sore...since u r a graphic designer...

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member
good suggestion. cannot expand left right front back..... then can only go upwards.....

then IOS also have more space.

Wah the Singapore story... No space? Build upwards! Hahaha. I am actually quite happy with the height, this will be even higher than the 24G nanocube which is about 16.5 inch tall. Anyway, making the tank taller will have hidden cost like stronger lighting. 18 inch is kind of the ideal depth for my light set. :P

(very demanding hor)

The IOS will be 10cm (about 4 inches), that is enough to fit the original Tunze 9002 collection cup haha. My chaeto will be kept in the first compartment under the media rack/egg crate which will hold the wool and carbon.

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

Quick sketch which I have been bring around to ask for quotes. Feels like govt tender evaluation :wacko:

Bro,

Suggest you to change the center compartment overflow to cater to your tunze skimmer and maintain a constant water level.....

something like this...

post-5684-1268212081_thumb.jpg

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• SRC Member
MCE300 is a better choice...coz the pump is not place inside the tank....as for tunze 9002...it will occupy yr precious real estate in the main tank....and the collection cup is big...can be an eye sore...since u r a graphic designer...

Yah thats the model I was thinking of. Not sure if I want to splurge on so much stuff at one go, so I will keep to my Tunze for now and upgrade in the future. The collection cup should sit flush and hidden if I keep the water level slightly lower in the IOS.

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

My chaeto will be kept in the first compartment under the media rack/egg crate which will hold the wool and carbon.

how is the egg crate going to stay in position?

you making a stopper? or something like the in-tank media basket?

• SRC Member
Bro,

Suggest you to change the center compartment overflow to cater to your tunze skimmer and maintain a constant water level.....

something like this...

!!! Great idea!!! Yup I was wondering how I can maintain a consistent water level. Thanks for cracking this puzzle for me.

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member
how is the egg crate going to stay in position?

you making a stopper? or something like the in-tank media basket?

Actually the tank maker can build that for me, all in the package. It is something simple like a stopper/groove to hold the egg crate. I just have to provide the drawings.

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

brother, BIG doesn't mean nice.. just means MESSY cause I can throw stuff in... you designer ah?

Come and design my tank in the future!.. I any old how throw stuff one.. AHHAHA

yours.. asthetically pleasing. :)..

;) desi

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

Actually the tank maker can build that for me, all in the package. It is something simple like a stopper/groove to hold the egg crate. I just have to provide the drawings.

k cool. when you get a quote, check how much cheaper if you if order 2 sets.

I am not confirmed yet though.

• SRC Member
k cool. when you get a quote, check how much cheaper if you if order 2 sets.

I am not confirmed yet though.

So u selling your tank to get another one abt the same size huh??? :eyebrow:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

So u selling your tank to get another one abt the same size huh??? :eyebrow:

yah.. my long narrow tank have to wait until I move house liao.....

• SRC Member
yah.. my long narrow tank have to wait until I move house liao.....

Next time u move house can do a U shape tank... :whistle

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.