my simple 3 ft fowlr =)

hey everybody , i am relatively new to this forum , so i decided to start being more active and post more stuff . haha . as today was a rainy day , and i had nothing to do , i borrowed my brother's dslr to take some pictures of my 3 ft tank i just started a couple of weeks back . do share with me any pointers and tips that i should take note of .

also wanna thank my friend john (u know who u are) for helping me set up this tank . without your help it wont be possible. =)

my equipment : 2 ehiem canisters . the bigger one is a 2028 , smaller one im not sure either.

thanks a million

post-6885-1238942277.jpg

post-6885-1238942387.jpg

post-6885-1238942491.jpg

post-6885-1238942569.jpg

post-6885-1238942732.jpg

OHH SHIT .. I THINK I PRESSED THE WRONG BUTTON . I POSTED IT WITHOUT FINISHING . sorry guys .

anyways , equipment list still consists of a coralife 9W uv tube. tunze 9005 skimmer and lighting im using ZOO MED fl lights . coralsun and reefsun.

the livestock list i'll update again . sorry for being such a noob on posting . please bear with me. haha

• SRC Member

Hehehe. Nice, just like my very first set up right down to the iron stand, except no chiller.

Any intention to keep interesting invertebrates or crabs?

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

Hehehe. Nice, just like my very first set up right down to the iron stand, except no chiller.

Any intention to keep interesting invertebrates or crabs?

Presentable and nice rockscape. Probably in less than 3 month will upgrade. Hehehe......

haha . thanks bros.. just got back from school . quite a hectic day .. phew . erm .. no crabs for me .. think my cleaner shrimp will get eaten or something . will it ? ive an urchin somewhere in the tank .. priest hat . its pretty cute actually . haha . for upgrading , i just upgraded actually . from a 2 ft to 3 ft presently . so probably be another yr before i upgrade again .. btw , anybody has an opinion of keeping harlequin tuskfish? think its an amazing fish , but seems pretty challenging to mantain. ohh , how do i resize the pics , think im like lagging up ppl's computers . sorry everyone .. :paiseh:

• SRC Member
to resize, click open with pain then reduce the picture. usually i reduce it from 100 to 60.

harlequin tusks MAY eat ur urchin. may only.

I think you meant MS "paint"? hahaha. If not Bamboshark will have to stab his foot when clicking in order to be in pain when opening the picture.

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• Senior Reefer
I think you meant MS "paint"? hahaha. If not Bamboshark will have to stab his foot when clicking in order to be in pain when opening the picture.

no..i really mean PAIN! STAB UR FOOT@

no la jk. yep. use MS pain. sorry for the typo.

• Senior Reefer
haha. okay .. i'll keep that in mind , will resize my further pictures in future.. wont the tuskfish eat cleaner shrimps ? i read articles that they do .. so im abit apprehensive about keeping it . if my urchin kenna whack , ill post it up for adoption. haha :)

hit and miss. they might eat them. take a look at those vicious teeth (:

• SRC Member

Woah impressive set up. :D You are also using iron stand as me but the space 1 marine tank really cramp up my hallway as all the equips must place there.Anyways yeah harlequin tuskfish may eat the urchin.How about adding some angelfishes maybe?They look damn impressive like queen angel,French angel or coral beauty.Koran is also ok(i like FW and SW angels so yeah that's how my name appeared to be)

Ahh another student.I am a student too......

girlone.png

• SRC Member
Ahh another student.I am a student too......

Don't be fooled by the word "student"... Met him in person, so much bigger than me, looks like he could beat me up. HAHAHAHA! :upsidedown:

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member
haha . thanks bros.. just got back from school . quite a hectic day .. phew . erm .. no crabs for me .. think my cleaner shrimp will get eaten or something . will it ? ive an urchin somewhere in the tank .. priest hat . its pretty cute actually . haha . for upgrading , i just upgraded actually . from a 2 ft to 3 ft presently . so probably be another yr before i upgrade again .. btw , anybody has an opinion of keeping harlequin tuskfish? think its an amazing fish , but seems pretty challenging to mantain. ohh , how do i resize the pics , think im like lagging up ppl's computers . sorry everyone .. :paiseh:

Guess only FOWLR keeper will keep Harlequin Tusk. I have one that been with me for 2 years in my FOWLR setup. It does not touch sea urchin in my tank.

However keeping it with Shrimp will be a real challenge. You will need to introduce shrimps first before this fish. However still no gauranrtee they will not touch the shrimps. in terms of environment demanding, its not. Quite easy to keep fish and I like the orange color strips.

All the best.

Finally saw your posting. Nice and neat setup. : )

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

Nice clean and neat set-up. I like harlequin tusk too, if I were to have a FOWLR tank, it will be one of the fish I will strongly consider. ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

thanks bros ! =) you guys have been great. appreciate all the positive comments. damm , i really would want to keep a tuskfish . looks like my poor shrimps have to be given away . wouldn't wanna feed the fish 20 bucks worth of shrimps . haha . actually i did consider angels , but im worried they will get too large and aggressive for my system . plus the bio-load on my tank will go sky high . was initially considering an emperor angel cause of the beautiful colours , but ... heard they grow up to be big bullies. anyway.. anybody think i should up my filtration ? like put in more bio-home and stuff ? currently ive , ehiem substrate , bio-home , chemi-pure elite and ceramic rings inside both filters. advice from some pros here would be great .. haha. ohh , btw , im friendly biosage.. dont worry . my size like that is because i row boat and gym almost everyday , besides keeping fish and studying now ..

cheers

Andrew

• SRC Member
dont worry . my size like that is because i row boat and gym almost everyday , besides keeping fish and studying now ..

Haha I know, just kidding around. The way you said you were a student, and from your polite messages, I expected to see a small boy :P

How many fishes you have in total? I think the Eheim filters with biohome should be sufficient from what I saw that day. The only problem is the limited water volume, I think nitrates will build up rather quickly, but since it's fish only, which are more tolerable to small amounts of nitrates, water change alone should keep it within manageable levels. Just need to have a clean up crew to take care of algae growth.

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

Haha I know, just kidding around. The way you said you were a student, and from your polite messages, I expected to see a small boy :P

How many fishes you have in total? I think the Eheim filters with biohome should be sufficient from what I saw that day. The only problem is the limited water volume, I think nitrates will build up rather quickly, but since it's fish only, which are more tolerable to small amounts of nitrates, water change alone should keep it within manageable levels. Just need to have a clean up crew to take care of algae growth.

hey bro . sorry for the late reply , i was busy !! haha. anyway , yup . i think i will be more diligent with my water changes and all . hmmm , ohh . my livestock list : 1 yellow tang , 1 sailfin tang , 1 indian ocean mimic tang , 1 dispar anthias , 1 bi-colour angel , 1 fox face , 2 false percula clowns , 6 chromis , 1 six line wrasse . 1 schooling bannerfish . 2 cleaner shrimps and a priest hat urchin . =)

total 16 fishes and 3 inverts.