BB Reef tank

Tank spec -

Tank Size: 90(L) X 50 (W) X 60(H) [Drawn out by Gouldian and me, build by Kwong Lim Frame maker]

Lighting: MH 2x 250w BLV 14000k [ Abit too yellow for my liking]

T5s 2X 39w Aquaz Blue

Skimmer: Tunze Doc skimmer

Wavemaker: 2X Tunze 6060

In order to keep everything neat and simple, I opt for Bare bottom, for ease of siphoning and cleaning and using dead rocks instead of live for my tank. The advantage of using dead rocks would be lowering the chance of having pest such as crabs and mantis shrimps. This allows me to keep smaller fishes like dartfish, shrimp gobies and pygmy angels.

Livestock

Fishes-

1)Trio of Argi angels ( Bought 6 of them but ended up with 3, happily ever after since then :yeah: )

2) A pair of steinz shrimp gobies( The steinz gobies I have are of different variants, they have yellowish orange flame like tail fin which most steinz gobies do not have. In fact, they resemble aurora goby more.)

3)A pair of Chrysopterus clown( It was the first time, I saw so many pair of healthy chrysopterus clown in CF. Could not resist, and got myself a pair. For those that do not know, WC Chrysopterus clown are one of the most difficult fishes to keep due to the fact that they always come down with brooks)

4)Trio of purple flame gobies( Bought a pair but a nice friend gave me another pair. A weaker one was knock out and it stay 3 ever since :D )

post-602-1239335930.jpg

post-602-1239335999.jpg

post-602-1239337419.jpg

post-602-1239337500.jpg

post-602-1239337593.jpg

post-602-1239337734.jpg

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Senior Reefer
My female chrysopterus is currently recovering from his pop eye.... Oh ya I forget to add a that I have a pair of blackfoot maldive clown in my sump :eyebrow:

hope she recovers :) nice black foots. saw some in sealife. the same one right?

• SRC Member
My female chrysopterus is currently recovering from his pop eye....

Ouch! Hope it recovers fully. I was wondering the same, looks like there is a polo mint on his eye :lol:

To echo onizuka: very nice nice zoas!

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

hope she recovers :) nice black foots. saw some in sealife. the same one right?

Recovering, used to be much worst... At least its not brooks *touch wood* :ph34r: Yea from sealife... Chrysopterus and black foot are some of the most diffcult clowns to keep, as most come in DOA or infested with brooks... Quite a sight when I saw such healthy blackfoot so I got a pair. :rolleyes:

Ouch! Hope it recovers fully. I was wondering the same, looks like there is a polo mint on his eye :lol:

To echo onizuka: very nice nice zoas!

Hahah... looks like it has just a got a beating from her husband :lol:

Thanks... the are much more fantastic zoos out there, mine are just leftovers :P

Wow... welcome back! The huge rock on the left looks kinda steep... its going to be a challenge to "decorate" it.

Very nice zoas! ^_^

Thanks bro! Yea, not sure what corals I can add there, most likely leave it alone <_< The pink, if I frag, I will pm you :eyebrow:

wanted to get the blackfooted ones too. but scared my false perc destroy the living daylights out of them. make them from black foot to eat foot.

Occellaris are not that aggressive :rolleyes: Should have a better chance compared to mine :D Think my female chrysopterus would give the pair of blackfoot hell :pinch:

Tank spec -

Tank Size: 90(L) X 50 (W) X 60(H) [Drawn out by Gouldian and me, build by Kwong Lim Frame maker]

Lighting: MH 2x 250w BLV 14000k [ Abit too yellow for my liking]

T5s 2X 39w Aquaz Blue

Skimmer: Tunze Doc skimmer

Wavemaker: 2X Tunze 6060

wah!! your tank so big wor! 7.5ft length X 4.17ft W X 5ft height...... but in the pic look not that big.... must be photography skills..... I also got i friend with 7.5ft L X 3ft W X 2.5H.... but is quiet difficult for me that snap FTS from near....

this is my friend 7.5ft tank pic....

DSC_2388.jpg

how do u clean or place coral at the tank bottom? 5ft high is very deep & impossible hand can reach tank bottom....

{Tank Size:- 4ft L X 2ft W X 2.5ft H = Mixed Reef Tank}

{Light:- 2 X 54W T5 ATI - Aquablue Spezial & 1 Pro Color, 1 X 54W T5 Giesemann - Aquablue + & 1 Actinic +, 1 X 54W T5 UV H2ology}

{Chiller:- 1 HP split unit powered by Rio 14}

{Skimmer:- Reef Maniac Beckett Skimmer Powered by Rio20}

{Fluidized Reactor:- Reef Maniac FR with Rowaphos media}

{Return Pump:- 1 unit X 5,400 L/H}

{Circulation Pump:- SEIO M1100 + M820}

{Photos:- Powered by Nikon 7D, 24-70mm f2.8 L Lens, 85mm f1.8,100mm f2.8 Macro Lens & 580EXII}

bro

he meant in cm..

so its like 3x1.8x2

than only i know.... hahahahaha sorry for being so naive.....

{Tank Size:- 4ft L X 2ft W X 2.5ft H = Mixed Reef Tank}

{Light:- 2 X 54W T5 ATI - Aquablue Spezial & 1 Pro Color, 1 X 54W T5 Giesemann - Aquablue + & 1 Actinic +, 1 X 54W T5 UV H2ology}

{Chiller:- 1 HP split unit powered by Rio 14}

{Skimmer:- Reef Maniac Beckett Skimmer Powered by Rio20}

{Fluidized Reactor:- Reef Maniac FR with Rowaphos media}

{Return Pump:- 1 unit X 5,400 L/H}

{Circulation Pump:- SEIO M1100 + M820}

{Photos:- Powered by Nikon 7D, 24-70mm f2.8 L Lens, 85mm f1.8,100mm f2.8 Macro Lens & 580EXII}

wah!! your tank so big wor! 7.5ft length X 4.17ft W X 5ft height...... but in the pic look not that big.... must be photography skills..... I also got i friend with 7.5ft L X 3ft W X 2.5H.... but is quiet difficult for me that snap FTS from near....

this is my friend 7.5ft tank pic....

DSC_2388.jpg

how do u clean or place coral at the tank bottom? 5ft high is very deep & impossible hand can reach tank bottom....

Thats a beautiful tank! Sorry for not being specific, its 90cm by 50cm by 60cm :lol:

HOLY SMOKES NICE CARPET! haddoni isit? where did u get it

Yep a red haddoni :D Been looking for it high and low, told many lfs to get for me and this guy arrive unexpectedly in today's Iwarna shipment :D Many thanks for Victor who remember my wishlist and reserve this guy for me till I arrive at the Iwarna. Kudos to you :bow::bow:

another reason why i should karikiri myself for missing iwarna's shipment today. looks like there were alot of gems!! damn.hope there are some left for me tomorrow T_T

No la, this guy was the only piece. Heard that it wasn't even in the stock list :unsure: Anyway there were still many other deepwater sps gem :whistle