decomming current tank ..everything must go

yup ture is big bird also told me bout the light he sold to him he got it at 50 and now selling for 80 to others sound like getting profit out of it but hope he'll wake up soon as i thought of getting from bigbird at first but he pitty him and let go to him at 50 as still NS

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yup ture is big bird also told me bout the light he sold to him he got it at 50 and now selling for 80 to others sound like getting profit out of it but hope he'll wake up soon as i thought of getting from bigbird at first but he pitty him and let go to him at 50 as still NS

yup true, there is nothing to hide, the original selling price from big bird bro is 80, and i got it from him at 50 at his kindness, but i dun think there is anything wrong selling it at 80 as its worth the money so there is nothing to wake up about ya haha

• SRC Member
yup true, there is nothing to hide, the original selling price from big bird bro is 80, and i got it from him at 50 at his kindness, but i dun think there is anything wrong selling it at 80 as its worth the money so there is nothing to wake up about ya haha

:shock:

that's not v nice... u're exploiting his kindness to reap a profit! that's not v grateful... unless if you return him the profit of $30 then maybe that is reasonable. young man... even though its free trade but u should think twice about what you doing. what goes around comes around ar.... good luck

i think bro legendz1987 still dun get the pic...haiz

• SRC Member

Oops :P

If integrity and reputation comes with a price tag, this one says "$30"

haha thanks ya , i think so too, and i guess its nothing wrong as long as its free trade :)

Nothing wrong with free trade, but profiting from other's kindness on the other hand.............. :whistle

Fair trade is the new buzzword :)

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Supporter

hi bro, what do u mean by its worth the money?

ok yea maybe its still worth the $ since bigbird has sell u cheaply..so he lugi alot of $

but equipments can onli depreciate. not like stock market can go up.

maybe corals and fish can,since they can grow and colourup.

as your lightset, should consider 3rd hand liao and light tubes/ballast also weaken,so i think even u sell at $50 u still make a profit.

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

hi bro, what do u mean by its worth the money?

ok yea maybe its still worth the $ since bigbird has sell u cheaply..so he lugi alot of $

as your lightset, should consider 3rd hand liao and light tubes/ballast also weaken,so i think even u sell at $50 u still make a profit.

anyway the price quote by bro big bird to me is 80 but he sold me at 50, so to me, it is worth 80 market price, and my quote is 80 neg , so i dun think there is anything wrong since its worth 80, if it isn't can just tell me, there is nothing wrong selling :)

• SRC Member

Eh, you know how some corals are worth more once they propagate and a new head grows, maybe this light set grew a new tube :upsidedown:

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Supporter

so i guess, if bigbird did not come out to point out,most likely the tank and light will be sold at your expected price?

so someone else will get it and may also be told as a 2nd hand instead of 3rd?

even if he sold u at 80,after using still cost 80?

unless u did not use it at all

[ ]

[ ]

Reef Reefing Reefed

• SRC Member
anyway the price quote by bro big bird to me is 80 but he sold me at 50, so to me, it is worth 80 market price, and my quote is 80 neg , so i dun think there is anything wrong since its worth 80, if it isn't can just tell me, there is nothing wrong selling :)

then did u factor in the change of hands (U)

and its 3rd hand thus price reduce...

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

:shock:

that's not v nice... u're exploiting his kindness to reap a profit! that's not v grateful... unless if you return him the profit of $30 then maybe that is reasonable. young man... even though its free trade but u should think twice about what you doing. what goes around comes around ar.... good luck

haha bro, i seriously dun mind giving bro big bird the 30 of so called profit haha. as so far he is the one that i deem as a big bro who aid me in starting my wonderful hobby

just like 1 word that he say not to sell my tank that he gave, i won't sell :) and i always meets him and fish farm :) still as friendly as always.. haha

but still i think some of you are over reacting .. haha

• SRC Member
haha bro, i seriously dun mind giving bro big bird the 30 of so called profit haha. as so far he is the one that i deem as a big bro who aid me in starting my wonderful hobby

just like 1 word that he say not to sell my tank that he gave, i won't sell :) and i always meets him and fish farm :) still as friendly as always.. haha

but still i think some of you are over reacting .. haha

ppl don over react for you. u placed too much importance on yourself le.

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

• SRC Member
Oh my...in the lime light again....hopefully you will get the benefit of doubt like i gave you last time again.....

All the best!

We should have member of the Month. :) not just tank of the month.

• SRC Member
Oh my...in the lime light again....hopefully you will get the benefit of doubt like i gave you last time again.....

All the best!

Yup, most of us have been giving him the benefit of the doubt. So much benefit that legendz sees it as an entitlement. PM is right, welfare no good, people will develop "crunch mentality" :)

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

i dont think we are over reacting.

1) Senior reefer think that you are in NS, give you a benefit selling you cheaper.

2) You want to "make" a profit out of it instead of passing it on to other reefer .

3) How do you feel if you sell it at $50 and the buyer sell it at $80? will you stay quiet/happy? (i doubt so).

People choose to aid you by offering you cheaper and thus losing $$ as they are kind and you want to reap a profit for your OWN BENEFIT.

If you sell it at a higher profit and returning to the kind bro, i dont think people will be making a big fuss.

Ever since you came in this forum , 2 issues have arised.

Just hope that you will learn from your lesson and NEVER take people kindess for your own benefit. share with other reefers (students/NS) as i always believe in Karma... what goes around, comes around.

• SRC Member
3) How do you feel if you sell it at $50 and the buyer sell it at $80? will you stay quiet/happy? (i doubt so).

Onizuka, wrong question la, how can legendz be unhappy? He is always smiling his way through these posts and claim that everyone is plotting against him :) :) :)

Correct way to put it across is this:

Daniel Tong,

If you claim that there is nothing wrong with making a profit, and that it's all free trade, you should not have milked your status as an NSF and say that you are on a budget. If you paid the price that seller asked for, I think nobody will jump on you like this. You can buy it at $80, and sell it at $110 - if there is a willing buyer, that's free trade without taking advantage of anyone's kindness, no matter how much we frown upon the profiteering.

I think after this episode, most of us will think twice before selling anything cheaper for NSF or students, no matter how poor they claim to be. And it's all thanks to you.

And one more thing, if this forum is a bunch of LJL, you certainly fit right in.

oops, forgot smiley: :) :) :)

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

dont know what "LJL" means but if it is something unpleasant, not very nice to use.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler