medium to use in slump

ah^siao

• SRC Member

Bro Ah Siao.....borrow you thread....me too....any advise anybody?

I just got a overflow from Mr Reefer Guy.....and am designing a sump tank now.....and been surfing SRC for some research and has been confusing the hxll out of me!! example: DSB, refugium, flow rate, types of configuration of the sump, coral chips, fliters, bio balls...blar blar blar......

Currently already using a canister for my 2 footer but the surface is like oil leak!!! and still couldnt get the parameter (Ammonia and nitrate) to perfect after 3 month!!!

Appreciate anybody's advise! :blink:

By the way, Achilles, a couple of the old thread have the pic taken off....hmmm....so dont know how to figure out from the thread :cry2:

since you are using a canister filter, you might want to buy a surface skimmer to skim of the surface oil layer.

as for sump media, I wouldn't advocate bioballs/ceramic rings and what have you. I'd go for filter wool to filter out the heavier debris and change it every two months. polyfilter, carbon, phosguard or rowaphos can also be placed in the tower should your sump have one.

• SRC Member

Pardon my ignorance...what is phosguard or rowaphos ?? :blink:

I thought an overflow and sumo tank would be better... :rolleyes: What about filter medium like coral chips as what Ah Siao is asking?? <_<

• SRC Member

hi terryansimon......wah nice setup you have! :bow:

hehe I am still L plate for now :paiseh: ....my sump tank is a quite a small one because my main tank is only 2 x 1.5 x 1 feet. Just want to experience different type of filter because I dont think the canister is good enough! Couldnt get the water parameter right even after 3 month +

I am going to customise a spare tank for the sump tank. Just got 3 pieces of glass from Kelantan Rd this afternoon and going to glue them this evening.

A lot to learn from you guys.... :D