Water Temp. 20.5C - CAN????

• SRC Member

I keep fish in the office too. And yes the water temperature is around 20 degrees, even though the ambient temp is around 22-23. And fishes definitely die at that temperature because I did not add a heater initially. After I did, everything was fine, even the blue tangs do not have white spots anymore. Now I run at a temp of 24.5 degrees. However, you have to be careful when you change water though. If you change with the water directly from the tap, it will be too warm, if you use water left in the room for a while, it will be too cold. Temperature fluctuations no good for corals.

BTW, I am using T5 and PLs in the office, what brand of MH are you using? If I hang from the ceiling, my boss is definitely going to kill me.

• SRC Member

bro, just a question, is the aircon still on during the weekends when nobody's working in the office? or even at late nite?

we used to keep a tank in the office as well and its quite hard to keep corals stable ... working hours is really too cold, i agree, reaching 20deg as well, but after work and during weekend, it is pretty warm.... so the corals experience extreme cold and extreme warm temperature, making it almost impossible to keep, especially sea anemones!!! solution we did is just do away with the corals, and keep damsels....