Leopard wrasse

Hey guys How are ur experiences with leopard wrasses? Been interested to get one ever since I saw them at Iwarna and aquamarin butheard they are quite difficult fishes. I have a purple tang in my tank so is it a bad idea to add a leopard? Will the purple tang ji siao the leopard? Thanks for ur inputs

Hooked since March 2009

• Senior Reefer

the only thing tricky about leopard wrasses in my opinion, is getting them to feed. and also they are quite shy. i have had 2 leopard wrasses before. the first one was feeding very well but got killed by my yellow wrasse. it got so scared it just hid in a corner and died. =(

the second one was feeding very well but died because jump out. since then i did not keep anymore..

getting them to feed shoulndt be too hard. they take mysis pretty quickly. just try and maybe he will eat. the sad thing for me is that my yellow wrasse keeps killing them. so i stopped...

make sure no fish chase it coz they are fantastic jumpers -_-

• SRC Member
Hey guys How are ur experiences with leopard wrasses? Been interested to get one ever since I saw them at Iwarna and aquamarin butheard they are quite difficult fishes. I have a purple tang in my tank so is it a bad idea to add a leopard? Will the purple tang ji siao the leopard? Thanks for ur inputs

From what i've experienced.. :eyebrow: (like vri big like tt) LOL... is that my leopard feed just abt a day or two aft intro... Maybe i was lucky but try o get the ard 30 to 40 bucks one the blue star leopard wrasse much nicer and i've had success with that species... :eyebrow:

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member
Yea I'm looking at that species. It's also called divided wrasse right? Only from Maldives shipment?

Yes that's the rarer species... reminds me of mine which died when tank crashed :cry:

-skimmer-less-

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D

Yes that's the rarer species... reminds me of mine which died when tank crashed :cry:

lol lets get anotehr one together. but any of u added them when u have aggressive fishes in ur tank? i scare i buy liao they hide and hide until die from starvation.

Hooked since March 2009

• Senior Reefer
lol lets get anotehr one together. but any of u added them when u have aggressive fishes in ur tank? i scare i buy liao they hide and hide until die from starvation.

either they keep hiding in the sand, or they jump out. thats if got bullies in the tank.. mine keeps getting bullied by my yellow wrasse.

• SRC Member

• SRC Member

Hmmm... Lets get the LFS people to tell us if its caught by hand or cyanide as if it caught by hand it has higher surviving rate and of course... I dun mind spending 30 bucks on a leopard to see it roam my tank agn... however i'm curious if it'll fight with a mystery cos i'm planning to jump on 1 anytime thr's a shipment... :heh: At a LFS near me :eyebrow:

-skimmer-less-

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member
  • SRC Member
:evil: Veri Veri Soooonz !!!...Vroom !...Vroom ! :eyebrow:

LFS near me!! :yeah::evil: :evil: :evil:

-skimmer-less-

Tank parameters:

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member
  • SRC Member
Thanks bro, how does the male look like?

u can try getting another female. chances r 1 of them will turn to male after sometime. i kept a female for my fren b4. mine is also female. end up his turned to male.....

lck gt both male n female.....

yes bro i bought the female ytd. acclimated it in the noon and put it in the main tank. came out at around evening time and scrutinizing at the rocks pecking them occasionally. it came out today again but stiill not taking pellets, flakes or mysis.. hope the rocks provide them enuff food for now.

Hooked since March 2009