My new Dream tank ?

Harlequinmania

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend helping up to fix up the "special DB" point which he added in a 20A DP type B mcb with a 0.03A ELCB follow by 3 nos 15A SP mcb. 1 circuit supply 2 nos. 2x13A SSO.

Hopefully, this will help to prevent triping the whole house if one of the equipment short circuit and only that piece of equipment will be trip.

post-1182-1252504252_thumb.jpg

wow impressive setup time for popcorn...More pictures.....

|| Tank: 5x2x2.5 || Sump 3.5x1.5.1.5 || Lights: DeLighting 2x80w Aquable Special T5 ||

|| Return: 2 x ehiem 1264 || Skimmer: Skimz SM251 ||

|| CR: deltec denitrator || ATO with custom make reservior tank||

|| FR: TLF running Rowas ,UV ||

|| Wavemaker: Jebao RE20& RW15|| Chiller: Daikin 1HP Compressor ||

|| Monitor 1: American Marine Pinpoint Temperature monitor ||

• SRC Member
completed at last, but it took us half a day after all the drilling and wiring work..

woa damn steady but by adding more would it affect anything?? :thanks:

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

eh bro y u forsee ur tank set up will cause ur hse to trip ???

u got hazardous setup i dun tink so rite ?

No lah... The safety setup is just for "prevention measure" as prevention is always better if something fail .. Also the setup look neater i think .

bro, how much does it cost to ask someone to set-up your type of electrical supply.... very safe and neat. thks

Not too sure how must it will charge for someone to do this, cos this is done by my friend .. i just treat him a kopi and dinner after the work :pinch:

Wanted to have this inside the tank cabinet initially, but due to the risk of water and accessibility , maybe safer and better to place it outside.

• SRC Member
the one with the most effective and least energy consumption pump of course !

Red dragon royal exclusive that is?? :eyebrow:

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D

aquabee pumps arent good enough for main return nowadays,

they fail easily and too much headloss

I agree with your RD, aquabee tend to loss it's effectiveness faster as compare to Ehiem esp those bigger series.

Ehiem has a more better head flow and is more trustable in the long run ,although it does consume a little higher watt than a AB..

Hello Bro,

How much did you pay for the whole setup?

Do you mind giving me the breakdown and perhaps contact number of your tank maker?

Thanks!

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

Hi Marc,

I prefer to do most of the setup myself, so i only ask the maker to make the tank and cabinet .. Have PM you the ctc.

Cheers

• SRC Member
I agree with your RD, aquabee tend to loss it's effectiveness faster as compare to Ehiem esp those bigger series.

Ehiem has a more better head flow and is more trustable in the long run ,although it does consume a little higher watt than a AB..

So i guess its worth it to go the extra mile :eyebrow:

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D

ya man.. it paid to go the extra mile espeically if you are keeping this in the long run.... Was dam tired today spending the whole sunday fixing up my tank piping with some help from an external expert .. But it was fun and exciting like awaiting for your new born child..lol :rolleyes:

Decided to created a "special compartment " to store my electrical plug and controller inside the tank cabinet itself.. so i D.I.Yed a "special compartment between the two stand of the tank... Bought some can of spray paint and started my D.I.Y :whistle

post-1182-1252857262_thumb.jpg

post-1182-1252857296_thumb.jpg

more photos of the pipping work done today... I have no choice but to have an elbow from the main pump instead of a direct upward flow , lossing some of the flow from the pump :pinch: .. Due to the limitation of the width of the cabinet size which i have which is only 2ft and also the two return pipe make it even harder ...

post-1182-1252858758_thumb.jpg

post-1182-1252858782_thumb.jpg