My new Dream tank ?

Harlequinmania

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Supporter
nice...

I see a reflection of your tank off the reflection of a mirror/ window of you tank on the 2nd photo.

making sense??

It was just a reflection from the photo shoot since i have a mirror glass wall beside my dinning table opposite my tank.

• SRC Supporter

Did some testing on the water paremater today, and finally my tank is all set to go .. :P

Nitrite NO2 - 0 mg/l

Nitrate N03 - 0 mg/l

NH3/NH4 - 0 mg/l

PH - 8.4

P04 - 0

Ca - 300

Mg - 1250

KH - 8.0

Need to do some adjustment on the calcium though.

• SRC Member
One of the Piping from my main return running from the sand bed up to improve the circulation of the tank.

Boss, nice to have but ensure it is fail proof in case of power failure, else it would be siphon effect.

Got some ppl in these forum even the check valve fail during power failure.

Murphy's law...

• SRC Supporter

Oh.. i think i forget to show you guys the photo that in fact i have the outlet of the pipe drilled with a small hole to break the siphon if the return valve fail. Better to be Kia-su abit lor..

• SRC Member
Oh.. i think i forget to show you guys the photo that in fact i have the outlet of the pipe drilled with a small hole to break the siphon if the return valve fail. Better to be Kia-su abit lor..

ya this type of thing that can cause a flood one hor need to kia su

imagine a flood gosh die man anyway touch wood hahah

paiseh :eyebrow:

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.

Member of:
www.marineaquarist.sg

• SRC Supporter

This is the fourth marine tank i had, and through the years i found that the biggest tank you have, the easier it is to maintain it . Since the water parameter is more stable.

• Senior Reefer
This is the fourth marine tank i had, and through the years i found that the biggest tank you have, the easier it is to maintain it . Since the water parameter is more stable.

true. bigger tanks have larger water volumes, and paramter fluctuations will be less volatile. evaporation, etc.

true. bigger tanks have larger water volumes, and paramter fluctuations will be less volatile. evaporation, etc.

yup bigger better abeit all these has to be achieved at a higher cost.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Supporter
your rock scape is so impressive!

too bad i dont have the space to do something similar.. haha..

Thanks... Hope the rocks i pass you is enough to fill your tank. Thinking of setting up another " Mountain " at the other corner...hmm.. :blush:

• Moderators

Agreed as well.. But hor.. being a human being.. we tend to overstock thinking bigger tank can sustain as well. :angel:

That's me... LOL

Nice setup!!! B)

Tom

• Senior Reefer
Agreed as well.. But hor.. being a human being.. we tend to overstock thinking bigger tank can sustain as well. :angel:

That's me... LOL

Nice setup!!! B)

im guilty of that too. ur not alone. and mine is 3ft only :mellow:

• SRC Member

hehe then after that, shift to an even bigger tank! after tt... need a reef pond le!

Anyway boss, your rock scape looks good. Love how you covered up the pipings with your rocks.

• SRC Supporter
hehe then after that, shift to an even bigger tank! after tt... need a reef pond le!

Anyway boss, your rock scape looks good. Love how you covered up the pipings with your rocks.

Thanks guys.. Actually no special planing beforehand on the scaping .. Just try to put eveything together and there it goes.. :paiseh:

• Senior Reefer
New addition.. Pair of Hawaii Harlequin Shrimp :rolleyes:

wow! the hawaiian ones! these are the Hymenocera picta ones and compared to the H elegens, the colour contrast between white and purple is much more beautiful.