My 1.5 ft Reef log

jackywongto

haha bro! i got no more frags! they are reserved for u :P

Gam xia :)

another late night. Just washed up everything and eating supper now.... Dun think of the dip, dun think of the worms .... Dun think ....... *** puke

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

Bukit Panjang : 92

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

have I bought 5 you know. my tank no space.. so all the more happy if I can share as long as you know how to frag the rock

I have the tools!! But a pity u r in the west. I'm on my way to iwarna now. Gimme a buzz if u need anything.

:)

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

I have the tools!! But a pity u r in the west. I'm on my way to iwarna now. Gimme a buzz if u need anything.

:)

what are the tools required arh?

maybe i will get 1 set too.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

what are the tools required arh?

maybe i will get 1 set too.

the simplest way to split the rock will be to use a chisel (or screw driver or small long flat device) + hammer.

always work for me.

but if you want to de-skin the fella, then u'll need a good sharp scapel.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

Just get yourself a hammer and 1 minus head screw driver.

6.5 * 2 * 2 + 3.75 * 1.5 *1.5,(Decomn on 14/9/08)
4*2*2 + 2.5*1.25*1.25 (Decomn on 1/8/09)
5*2*2 (Fully LED light system, 140 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)
2.5*2*2(Fully LED Light System,96 3 watt SSC leds with 60 degree lens)(Decomm)

5*2.5*2(LED only)

Eheim return 1 * pump

1 HP Daikin compressor with cooling coil
2 Jebao OW40, 1 ecotech MP40,
1X6085 Tunze wm,

1 CURVE 7 Skimmer

1 DIY 80 led control by Bluefish mini 

1 radion XR30W G2, 2 Radion XR15G3

Sump area lite by 5 ft T5 , 6 * SSC 3 watt red LED for refugium

1 Full spectrum E27 led light

1 CR control by bubble count

Start No Water Change since 1st Dec 2016

Add new 2.5x2x 1.5 ft 

nLekOfpYts.jpg
[/quote]

Just get yourself a hammer and 1 minus head screw driver.

tried before with screw driver. did not work leh....

maybe I was too gentle...

haha depend on wat rock lo ... if is lr should be easy ... juz those brown colro rock abit hard to frag keke ...

lol k k. that was the 1st and only one I tried......

when free, I will go chop the rest....

my tank too packed already. need to frag to house my corals.

• SRC Member

important key, when u try to frag the zoas. dont be too afraid of killing some polyps. or u will end up killing more! LOL!

This is so true! I remembered the first time I performed the "operation", I was so afraid of hurting the colony, as though corals would "feel" pain, till I made a mess of it.

There was a time when I was in one LFS, I told the helper I was sharing the colony with a friend and requested to split it. He said, "Ok!", and with a swift action, ripped the zoas in two with his bare hands! In my mind, I was like, "Be gentle!!!", but the zoas are still doing well and remained healthy even till today.

I've never looked back since, and my fragging has improved. Find the right spot, swift and clean cut along the mat with a sharp razor blade, iodine dip for 5 to 10 mins before putting back into the tank. Hammer & chisel for those that are on the rocks.

This is so true! I remembered the first time I performed the "operation", I was so afraid of hurting the colony, as though corals would "feel" pain, till I made a mess of it.

There was a time when I was in one LFS, I told the helper I was sharing the colony with a friend and requested to split it. He said, "Ok!", and with a swift action, ripped the zoas in two with his bare hands! In my mind, I was like, "Be gentle!!!", but the zoas are still doing well and remained healthy even till today.

I've never looked back since, and my fragging has improved. Find the right spot, swift and clean cut along the mat with a sharp razor blade, iodine dip for 5 to 10 mins before putting back into the tank. Hammer & chisel for those that are on the rocks.

One day have to invite you to my place to d a free demo. :)

haha jacky my tank always have place for your unwanted frag kaka ...

hehe... exchange lah.... need to get some of your goodies too....

Did WC yesterday. change carbon to Chemipure.

Added a new vial of biodigest.

Boommmmm ORP went up to 350 today. yay!

Almost back to my 380 - 400 hayday.

This is within a week of restarting my tank.

Did WC yesterday. change carbon to Chemipure.

Added a new vial of biodigest.

Boommmmm ORP went up to 350 today. yay!

Almost back to my 380 - 400 hayday.

This is within a week of restarting my tank.

bro, post a pic of your tank. this thread too fast too furious liao. take a long time to through to find a pic of your tank

bro, post a pic of your tank. this thread too fast too furious liao. take a long time to through to find a pic of your tank

todays FTS

side view

some new zoas

This one is brown skirt, lime green face and orange center.

favorite buy.

Closeup

under blue LED

are your coral placed or stick? seem like some spot look difficult to put coral there.

They are placed.I will be epoxying those that are tiny pieces at the bottom.

The larger ones are quite secured by just placing them at the right spots using the shape of their rock to anchor them properly.

nice green palys.

frag that broke off

mother colony

haha jacky my tank only got brown color stuff le keke ... not like u so nice color one keke ... now abit worry my tank coz not at home keke ...

ytd nite hand too icthy le ... see the lr scape not nice so rearrange end up worst kaka ... end up due to time issue juz temp put all inside the tank ... hopefully when i go back on monday the small litte hill dun collapse haiz ...

another zoas purchase yesterday.

brownish red skirt, white face and yellow center.

haha jacky my tank only got brown color stuff le keke ... not like u so nice color one keke ... now abit worry my tank coz not at home keke ...

ytd nite hand too icthy le ... see the lr scape not nice so rearrange end up worst kaka ... end up due to time issue juz temp put all inside the tank ... hopefully when i go back on monday the small litte hill dun collapse haiz ...

lol.... if you need help to touch up on scape or even drill rocks, just give me a buzz .... kekeke ....

haha think need more rock nia keke ... if need help will let you know de keke ... btw ytd look at my tank feel too many brown zoa le keke ... and some abit big kaka so maybe need to chop chop some to make it smaller piece keke ...