peacemaker's Office Nano 3

peacemaker

• SRC Member

Came across this frag rack that was posted in Nano-Reef (photos courtesy of schg) that is commercially available in US. I like it due to its slick look, and that it can be placed in the corner with stability.

I checked up the price on that, shipping alone to sg was like USD$45! :pirate:

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• Replies 387
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

NICE ToY haha!i like blue also....faster go set up and take pic :rolleyes:

Bro, already up and running! :eyebrow: Just went directly for the purple mode (can't remember was it Reef Crest or Lagoon), didn't have time to mess with the other modes.

From a tried and tested scientific method known as agaration. Basically you see how high and low the knob goes and then you agar agar tune it to whichever level you please :D

For the wave effect, use short pulse mode (blue light). Jacky taught me that, we both use it at the longest interval. If you are a noob like me who lost the manual, basically in Jacky's own words:

1. Turn knob to whichever flow you want and leave it there (before switching to short pulse mode), then press mode (black button) repeatedly until you get the blue light.

2. Press set (grey button) once, the blue light should start blinking, after that, turn the knob to tune to whichever interval you want (turn clockwise for longer interval and vice versa), then press set again to lock the setting. The light should blink alternately between green and blue now, that means it is operating under your setting.

Hope that helps. Hit me up with an sms if you are as confused as I was hahaha.

Ah... very cool. I skipped reading the manual... so yea. :whistle

Came across this frag rack that was posted in Nano-Reef (photos courtesy of schg) that is commercially available in US. I like it due to its slick look, and that it can be placed in the corner with stability.

Look so neat....... where is Bulk Order King????

My colleagues will be heading to US soon. Maybe I'll ask them to handcarry back for me.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

Look so neat....... where is Bulk Order King????

My colleagues will be heading to US soon. Maybe I'll ask them to handcarry back for me.

Wouldn't it be more economical if we can bulk build this locally instead? It really is an acrylic sheet with a couple of strong magnets. Of course, we should include the acrylic frag plugs... :eyebrow:

• SRC Member

Wouldn't it be more economical if we can bulk build this locally instead? It really is an acrylic sheet with a couple of strong magnets. Of course, we should include the acrylic frag plugs... :eyebrow:

We need to find out the mould costs if we want to build this locally. Typically mould costs are ard a couple of 100s. Also strong earth magnets are not that cheap either.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

I'm gamed!

who else? Ask BO king to source for magnet!

:P

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

We need to find out the mould costs if we want to build this locally. Typically mould costs are ard a couple of 100s. Also strong earth magnets are not that cheap either.

I was thinking of using thin acrylic sheets instead of the thick type shown in the pic. The problem lies with the acrylic rods. Using those air-line tubes will be more economical, but joining them together will be tricky.

• 3 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

eugene.. how did you cut the acrylic pieces??

Haha... kinda recycling some excess acrylic sheets lying around. They were heading to the dump, and I picked them up, gave a good wash before reusing them. I use an acrylic sheet cutter, similar to the photo below. Its used like a penknife, slicing a few times before breaking it over the edge of the table. However, you might need to file the edges flat. I use a Dremel tool for this. :eyebrow:

post-13914-12741007265383_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

Haha... kinda recycling some excess acrylic sheets lying around. They were heading to the dump, and I picked them up, gave a good wash before reusing them. I use an acrylic sheet cutter, similar to the photo below. Its used like a penknife, slicing a few times before breaking it over the edge of the table. However, you might need to file the edges flat. I use a Dremel tool for this. eyebrow.gif

cool.... maybe one day borrow the tools from you.. =]

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• SRC Member

trying to DIY for a project which i share the last time when u guys were at my place.. not sure if you are still around or not.. lol..

it will be the first in JBJ nano history! hahah

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• SRC Member

I believe the tools can be purchase right?

But do u have any idea where sell it?

M I right to say it's more for thin acrylic? Too thick wan cannot right?

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

• SRC Member

I believe the tools can be purchase right?

But do u have any idea where sell it?

M I right to say it's more for thin acrylic? Too thick wan cannot right?

Can be found at hardware shop, stationery shop like Art Friend. Can be used to cut thick acrylic too.

You can find the acrylic sheet cutter in normal hardware stores. I wouldn't use it to cut more than 4mm thickness though...

I successfully cut a 4 x 2 ft sign board out of 8m acrylic last month lol.

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

Din know there is a thing such as acrylic cutter.. I am so going to DIY thing now...

Yes yes! Join in the DIY fun! I enjoy this hobby immensely, not just on keeping a reef, but due to the unlimited possibilities on DIYing stuff and getting the "toys" for your tank!