Zac's Nano 24g jbj

Zac

• SRC Member

If you notice my signature it shows live data of my tank whenever I log on to SRC forum. Cool right? Gives me another reason to log on. Haha sometimes I log on just to check my parameters :)

Zac's Red Sea Reefer 170

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

so going to make my water change automated. looks like i will find some time to get it to done, haha been lazy lately.

idea is to maintain a tub of mixed salt water with a pump circulating it and also a fan keeping the water temp cool so when water change wont affect the tank temp too much. also had a dosing channel dosing fresh DI water to keep the salinity in check.

Then iam going to put a float switch on my HOB refugium to the level of water that i want to change .

so iam going to use my RA controller to do this.

when i hit Water Change- my 2x return pumps will be off

-MP10 will be off

-lights will be off too leaving only moonlights on.

then after a delay of 5 secs a pump in the refugium will be turn on and it will pump water out off tank directly to my corridor sink (lucky my tank very near window)

when water level goes down and triggers my float switch it will stop pumping water out of tank and triggers the pump in the Ready mixed salt water into the refugium it will stop once it reaches the second float switch at the initial desired water level.

Also intend to add another salinity probe to my Salt Mix tub so i can monitor it and make sure it is at the correct salinity. Imagine this when iam out of town i can actually hit the Water change button and automatically water will be changed!!!

• Like 1

Zac's Red Sea Reefer 170

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

All thanks to you bro...ur 'poisoning'...wahaha

:evil: haha!

Bro some example how i use my controller to aid me in reef keeping.

i started dosing bacteria regime and i had to stop the skimmer for 3 hrs after dose according to the instruction on the bottle. so i dose every morning before going to work and stop my skimmer using the Reefangel App. when 3 hrs is up i remotely start the skimmer from my office computer via the portal! cool right!

Zac's Red Sea Reefer 170

• SRC Member

:evil: haha!

Bro some example how i use my controller to aid me in reef keeping.

i started dosing bacteria regime and i had to stop the skimmer for 3 hrs after dose according to the instruction on the bottle. so i dose every morning before going to work and stop my skimmer using the Reefangel App. when 3 hrs is up i remotely start the skimmer from my office computer via the portal! cool right!

This is what I like, starting remotely the skimmer back.

• SRC Member

This is what I like, starting remotely the skimmer back. �

it will be useful for those who dose Bacteria or add liquid coral food etc.. :thumbsup:

Zac's Red Sea Reefer 170

• SRC Member

been dosing Vodka and bacteria day 8 already sps show sign of lightening in color not as brown as before. hopefully it is a sign of coloring up. will post pics when i have time to take them :)

Zac's Red Sea Reefer 170

• SRC Member

It's a sign of ulns. Going for pastel, colours? You should start dosing amino acids and coral food if you want to get better coloration as the corals have less zooxanthelle, they need more food and dissolved organics from you.

Thanks MadScientist. i am dosing coral food seems like i should be feeding my fishes abit more :) also looking to give amino acids a try.

Zac's Red Sea Reefer 170