New Italian Restaurant Near AquaMarin & Golden Octopus

Gouldian

Dear reefers,

Just wanted to share this new place for good Italian food at affordable pricing.

Cacio e Pepe @ Rochdale Road, its 2 streets away from AM.

Nice quiet neighborhood, good ambience and affordable price ($15 - $20 per pax).

Good place to reward your other half.

Happy dinning. ;)

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• Senior Reefer
either bring her before your lfs shopping so she's in a happier mood for you to do your shopping with peace of mind...

or bring her after when she's feeling pissed off with you spending so much time and $$ choosing which sps to buy. :eyebrow:

how about bringing her there just to show how much you love her? :)

• Senior Reefer
so near AM and GO, you won't be tempted to go to any of them meh? :eyebrow: wait later she complain spend so much on fish, then only spend $20 meal on her... hahaa faintz

dump her there say "dear i go toilet" then faster go GO.

dump her there say "dear i go toilet" then faster go GO.

ROFL.... good trick!

** almost fell off my chair lol

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

I think a beta strategy is to bring yr wifey or gf to that italiano place for makan first, order some wine for her...make her shiok first. Then b4 going home...tell her there's a lfs nearby and would like to take a look b4 going home. If yr other says, she wants to go watch a movie or kai kai after that, its ok...make yr purchase, and tell AM or GO you will collect another day.....steady bo?!

l7304smr.jpg

I think a beta strategy is to bring yr wifey or gf to that italiano place for makan first, order some wine for her...make her shiok first. Then b4 going home...tell her there's a lfs nearby and would like to take a look b4 going home. If yr other says, she wants to go watch a movie or kai kai after that, its ok...make yr purchase, and tell AM or GO you will collect another day.....steady bo?!

Getting her 'high' is a good idea then she won't to counting the number of red or blue notes parting your wallets. lol

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of:

• SRC Member
either bring her before your lfs shopping so she's in a happier mood for you to do your shopping with peace of mind...

or bring her after when she's feeling pissed off with you spending so much time and $$ choosing which sps to buy. :eyebrow:

Haha bro... I think i'll use this as an excuse to be at Upp Serangoon road and Upp paya lebar... :eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow:

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D

hmm, all of you guys think like that huh. :blink: we're not that bad ... well at least i'm not to my BF

He's a lucky man.... hmmm to think of it, my wife used to help me maintain my 4ft week when I am on overseas trip before marriage......

How things have changed..... lol

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

• SRC Member
haha for you no problem... It's always "your(BF) is my money, but my(gf) money is my money" <_<

btw, does your bf reef too?

haha, noth of us, "our" money ... he always tell me "what's his is also mine", same for me :wub:

he used to few years back, after bad crash, he stopped, but he is also a nooby. so now just thought of starting again, and since i also wanted, he helped me set up a small tank in my room :rolleyes: he plans to set-up again next year a bigger tank, so now just testing again.

25 Gal Micro Ocean

• SRC Member
He's a lucky man.... hmmm to think of it, my wife used to help me maintain my 4ft week when I am on overseas trip before marriage......

yeah, i'm lucky also :rolleyes: ohh ... well, plan to settle down next year, so the big tank is planned for the new house ... no promises, but at least both of us seems committed to maintain a reef ... we'll see how it goes :heh:

so now, your wife don't really mind about your reef ?

25 Gal Micro Ocean

yeah, i'm lucky also :rolleyes: ohh ... well, plan to settle down next year, so the big tank is planned for the new house ... no promises, but at least both of us seems committed to maintain a reef ... we'll see how it goes :heh:

so now, your wife don't really mind about your reef ?

woohooo... nice big tank coming.......

at work, they say you need to know how to manage your boss.

at home, it is the same, need to know how to manage your spouse :P

I think she is ok with this hobby as long as

1) I do not neglect all the issues in the house (bills, broken stuff, housekeeping)

2) activities for the family takes top priority - outings, swimming, visiting relatives, children's enrichment prog. etc

3) work on tank only when children are alseep at night.

4) Be hyper sensitive to her feelings, frustrations... show more care & concern. give her a bit more attention

5) Keep storeroom tidy and house clean of salt sprays.

6) maintain regular exercise regime.

7) Do not let her know my reef expenditures.

8)..... and i can go on and on and on and on..................and on................on......................o....n .................

but hmmm she is quite fine with it lah. just gotta be careful not to be too obsessed - kindda difficult sometimes.

Reefing as a single, as a dating single, as a just married, as a married veteran with kids, as a married veteran with kids...... so much difference.....

• SRC Member

that's why jacky i'm shy to post my tank yet ... too small :huh: really a nooby tank

25 Gal Micro Ocean

that's why jacky i'm shy to post my tank yet ... too small :huh: really a nooby tank

nah should make use of this as a diary lol

I still see one of my old tank thread on my previous nick here.

Sometimes so funny when i read through it again.

quite interesting looking back at it a couple of years later.

• SRC Member
woohooo... nice big tank coming.......

at work, they say you need to know how to manage your boss.

at home, it is the same, need to know how to manage your spouse :P

I think she is ok with this hobby as long as

1) I do not neglect all the issues in the house (bills, broken stuff, housekeeping)

2) activities for the family takes top priority - outings, swimming, visiting relatives, children's enrichment prog. etc

3) work on tank only when children are alseep at night.

4) Be hyper sensitive to her feelings, frustrations... show more care & concern. give her a bit more attention

5) Keep storeroom tidy and house clean of salt sprays.

6) maintain regular exercise regime.

7) Do not let her know my reef expenditures.

8)..... and i can go on and on and on and on..................and on................on......................o....n .................

but hmmm she is quite fine with it lah. just gotta be careful not to be too obsessed - kindda difficult sometimes.

Reefing as a single, as a dating single, as a just married, as a married veteran with kids, as a married veteran with kids...... so much difference.....

haha ... well, i also tell my BF to "take it easy" on the pockets on reefing, but i don't ask him to stop, just like give him a reality check, so far it's working for us, he does the same with me.

he's quite spontaneous ... sees this sees that ... nice prata, nice mushroom ... i tell him we don;t have the new tank yet, so he says then we get it and set-up already, and i remind him better to do it in the new house ... that kinda thing, so i'm still able to keep him at bay. me, haha similar ... ohhhh cute goby ! can i have more clowns ? so he reminds me also.

well, priorities are priorities, but i also don't forget what he always reminds me - take some time to enjoy what we want to do to have fun, and not just the things we have to do. so other than children and family (of course that is tops !), also some fun things like this reefing ... and good thing, i'm getting to like it somehow, but more on just looking and feeding for now hehe. :eyebrow: i do help out sometimes when he needs to do something before like topping up or scaping, kinda fun also to see the results later.

we gals are one of the most complicated species haha ... but we can be simple and understanding also ... and i'm sure, your wife is one as well :upsidedown:

25 Gal Micro Ocean

• SRC Member
haha ... well, i also tell my BF to "take it easy" on the pockets on reefing, but i don't ask him to stop, just like give him a reality check, so far it's working for us, he does the same with me.

he's quite spontaneous ... sees this sees that ... nice prata, nice mushroom ... i tell him we don;t have the new tank yet, so he says then we get it and set-up already, and i remind him better to do it in the new house ... that kinda thing, so i'm still able to keep him at bay. me, haha similar ... ohhhh cute goby ! can i have more clowns ? so he reminds me also.

well, priorities are priorities, but i also don't forget what he always reminds me - take some time to enjoy what we want to do to have fun, and not just the things we have to do. so other than children and family (of course that is tops !), also some fun things like this reefing ... and good thing, i'm getting to like it somehow, but more on just looking and feeding for now hehe. :eyebrow: i do help out sometimes when he needs to do something before like topping up or scaping, kinda fun also to see the results later.

we gals are one of the most complicated species haha ... but we can be simple and understanding also ... and i'm sure, your wife is one as well :upsidedown:

i think if i tell my wife the truth how much i spent on my corals....sure kena imprisonment for next few months.

Wife and gf different......once married and got new house, have to pay this pay that....pay and pay until peng san...its different liao.

Gf - BF relationship not much financial committment...thats y can take it easy.

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member
i think if i tell my wife the truth how much i spent on my corals....sure kena imprisonment for next few months.

Wife and gf different......once married and got new house, have to pay this pay that....pay and pay until peng san...its different liao.

Gf - BF relationship not much financial committment...thats y can take it easy.

very much true, that's why i said, will see how next year, hopefully still ok :eyebrow: thanks, at least i know what to expect. as early as now we talk about those stuffs already. at least one thing's for sure, i like ta have a reef tank (however size it is), just nice looking at em.

25 Gal Micro Ocean

• 3 months later...

Went there with an Italian friend a few days ago, he tested them (the kitchen team) by asking for authentic Italian Spaghetti Cabonara expecting the kitchen to churn out some 'overcooked' noodles with cream sauce.

To his pleasant surprise the Cabonara came Al Dente and without cream. He was very please and even offered me to try - I must say the Al Dente part needs to get a little used to but Cabonara without cream is good. :wub:

Upon reaching the end of Dinner, Chef Peter came and told us that he perfected his Italian cuisine in Bologna thus he knows what my Italian friend like.

Being the pizza guy, I opt for the Carnivore Pizza (thin crust, Napoli style) which is $24 and I shared with my wife.

Those wanting to have a casual valentine without the hassle may want to check them out. ;)

http://cacioepepe.com.sg/CacioePepe/Cacio_...Restaurant.html

Dr. J.E.N. Veron

Member of: