Desi & Ketchup 4x2.5x2 tank

desideria

• SRC Member

PLease put me on the no buy list for a month... exception for corals... Fish is NO NO!.. slap me people SLAP ME!!!!

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member

no worries thomas.. poke away.... we listen to everything and everyone but then end of the day, Ketchup and I take responsibility for the decisions we make...but we always hope and pray for the BEST... * BIg SIGH*... thanks :)

always happy to hear from fellow reefers.

Cheers,

Desi

Ya, thanks all for the advice and encouragement. I do feel our tank is not matured enough... well, take it slow.. no more fishes for now.. maybe some sps frags and keep our water parameters stable. :)

PLease put me on the no buy list for a month... exception for corals... Fish is NO NO!.. slap me people SLAP ME!!!!

* piack! *

Well.. you asked for it. :lol:

Why don't you do a stock take of what is in your tank? Focus on what you have instead of what you lost? B)

• SRC Member

* piack! *

Well.. you asked for it. :lol:

Why don't you do a stock take of what is in your tank? Focus on what you have instead of what you lost? B)

HAha... we did.. and we, or rather, Desi, just realised how much she has spent... :P

• SRC Member

your tank needs more corals than fishes! :) hehezz..

God Blessed all who appreciate His wonderful and beautiful creations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my first reef aquarium 15jan2010

3x2x2ft EOS 10mm tank with sump//deltec sc2060 skimmer//arctica 1/10hp chiller

maxpect g2 170w led//vortech mp40w wavemaker//eheim 1262 universal pump

eheim compact+ 3000 chiller pump//caribsea ocean direct live sands 40lbs

and other misc...

Bought 2 signal gobies or 2-spot gobies... super cute... always wanted that ever since we saw Bro Sphinx's tank :)

Also bought 2 SPS from Iwarna's Walt Smith shipment.. will post some pic prob tonight :P

Piack! That's for Desi.... :P

Good luck with the new purchase.

Bought 2 signal gobies or 2-spot gobies... super cute... always wanted that ever since we saw Bro Sphinx's tank :)

Also bought 2 SPS from Iwarna's Walt Smith shipment.. will post some pic prob tonight :P

where are the pics ?

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

ok ok...yours is a 700G...lol

in that case, we can look forward to either CF & LCK or Pasir Ris farms or GO & AM zones in the first week of May between 7-8 May...as i will most likely be driving...

u can still add fishes...but not power blue loh....

i suggest u get iwarna to supply u with nsw beta....RB also can.

i am using the NSW from Iwarna but one thing to note is that you will need to buffer the calcium , magnesium , kh yourself. no issues at all .

Save me time with the stupid salinity measurement and my PBT is so happy

Humble tank :

Size: 4x2.5x2 ft - Display 

Equipment :

Return 1 : Ecotech marine L1

Return 2 : Ecotech marine M1

CR : Skimz CM122 - Caribsea extra course media with Grotech magnesium

Light : ATI 8x54W

• SRC Member

where are the pics ?

Desi never post yet.. anyway didn't see the 2 signal gobies for 2 days... wonder are they hiding (they hide in this small cave) or gone liao...

One of the SPS colony is doing well, the other not opening at all.

• SRC Member

Where is the pic of the mandarin you got today??? :upsidedown:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member

no pic la peter.. smile.gif nice meeting you @ J'field's place. smile.gif hahahah.. all my small cameras not with me. Ketchup took the lumix to his tokyo biz trip, my mom has our other small panasonic and she is now STUCK in london cause of the volcanic eruption in iceland.. part of the world wide aviation drama... sad.gif . She is one of the lucky ones, still have hotel room to sleep in whilst waiting for flight out unlike the thousands stuck in airports around the world.

I got the D90 but I can't take proper pics as it's too heavy for me to handle.

right now I can't find it.. somewhere in my tank.. but just now found it prancing around from rock to rock... hope it survives and not disappear after 2 days like our last signal goby pair. sad.gif here is a pic of them in rememberance... so cute.. and yet.. now dunno where...

post-12571-12715178836222_thumb.jpg

post-12571-12715178939265_thumb.jpg

We also had a long plate coral but I think something nipped it or flipped sand on it, it died as well here's another pic of rememberance. :P

post-12571-12715180747553_thumb.jpg

Just did a water testing today and suddenly realised my DKH had shot up from 8 to 10! Maybe that's the reason why my alveopora is suddenly closing up..... could that be the case?

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

signal gobies are notoriously difficult to keep.

I can vouch for that... hehe...

Mine wasted away. think they only eat certain organism from the sand.

Lemon, do they take frozen or pellets?

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• Senior Reefer

I can vouch for that... hehe...

Mine wasted away. think they only eat certain organism from the sand.

Lemon, do they take frozen or pellets?

they do take frozen and/or pellets but my experience is, it may not be enough to sustain them. they are obligate sand sifters and get alot of their nutrients from sifting sand rich in microfauna..

• SRC Member

no pic la peter.. nice meeting you @ J'field's place. hahahah.. all my small cameras not with me. Ketchup took the lumix to his tokyo biz trip, my mom has our other small panasonic and she is now STUCK in london cause of the volcanic eruption in iceland.. part of the world wide aviation drama... She is one of the lucky ones, still have hotel room to sleep in whilst waiting for flight out unlike the thousands stuck in airports around the world.

I got the D90 but I can't take proper pics as it's too heavy for me to handle.

right now I can't find it.. somewhere in my tank.. but just now found it prancing around from rock to rock... hope it survives and not disappear after 2 days like our last signal goby pair. here is a pic of them in rememberance... so cute.. and yet.. now dunno where...

We also had a long plate coral but I think something nipped it or flipped sand on it, it died as well here's another pic of rememberance. :P

Just did a water testing today and suddenly realised my DKH had shot up from 8 to 10! Maybe that's the reason why my alveopora is suddenly closing up..... could that be the case?

Is J'field's mandarin pellet feeding? :upsidedown:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

no pic la peter.. smile.gif nice meeting you @ J'field's place. smile.gif hahahah.. all my small cameras not with me. Ketchup took the lumix to his tokyo biz trip, my mom has our other small panasonic and she is now STUCK in london cause of the volcanic eruption in iceland.. part of the world wide aviation drama... sad.gif . She is one of the lucky ones, still have hotel room to sleep in whilst waiting for flight out unlike the thousands stuck in airports around the world.

Desi, so your mom's lodging is paid out of her own pocket? Did the airline subsidize?

Hope the air clear up soon.

Peter, You silently stocking up liao arh.......ph34r.gif ninja style again....

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

• SRC Member

Desi, so your mom's lodging is paid out of her own pocket? Did the airline subsidize?

Hope the air clear up soon.

Peter, You silently stocking up liao arh.......ph34r.gif ninja style again....

Ehhh...nope. I got the one fin blue tang that nobody wanted... :upsidedown:

My tank is a sanctuary for unwanted fishes... :rolleyes:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

• SRC Member

Peter is such a nice man, taking in that little injured BT.. I see also my heart went out to that little fish .. in Jfield's empty tank, when people walk in, it hid behind the lone pipe that was in there.. aawww.. like my little hamster.. aawwwwwww... if I didn't have a Bt, I'd adopt it too.. aawww.. what a character!

Gues i'd try the signal fishes a year or so from now as well.... when my sand has been maturing over more than a year or so... they are seriously really cute.. especially when they hop on the sand. Haiz.. what a pair. :(

Anyway Jacky, don't know when my mom can come back, I'm just glad she has a hotel room to go back to vs sleeping on the airport floor. She'd go nutz. She has travel insurance but it only pays out max $1000 for the travel delay ( every 6 hours $100 means a max delay of 60 hours = $1000) but I think the delay is gonna drag out to more than the current 3 days .. it's gonna take a week before she can get on a flight home i think. Nvm, now, just PAY... if can claim good, cannot claim too bad. Thank god for credit cards. She couldn't even call through the SQ office in london so I was doing all the calling here in singapore to get her on the next uncancelled flight.. then when I got through and got her on the flight. barely 2 hours later, the flight got cancelled! :P So now, wait till monday then see how. it's damn chaotic...

Cheers, ;)

Desi

• SRC Member

Peter is such a nice man, taking in that little injured BT.. I see also my heart went out to that little fish .. in Jfield's empty tank, when people walk in, it hid behind the lone pipe that was in there.. aawww.. like my little hamster.. aawwwwwww... if I didn't have a Bt, I'd adopt it too.. aawww.. what a character!

That BT isn't little. At 4 inches, it's now the largest of the 3 BTs in my tank now... :upsidedown:

I think the airports thoughout Western Europe are going to be closed for quite a long while more. As long as the volcano keeps errupting, there won't be an end in sight.

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

REaper trying out Zeovit....

you asked about them last friday.

can check with him liao : http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=85787&view=findpost&p=900598

• SRC Member

HAHAH What a coincidence. I also bought the Zeovit CORAL SNOW on sat and dosed it on saturday night... :) my skimmer also skimmed happily lol according to the bottle it says dose daily but I spoke to Sid and for him he said he doses once a week with Zeo Enzyme which is the more concentrated one with the coral snow. I will dose every alternate day for now until I see my sand is definitely clean. HAH...

But I do notice that my black sand DID become cleaner.. or is it my eyes last night wasn't that good but I'd check again when I go home when the MH is on. if it does clean up my water and sandbed, I'd deifinitely recommend it. :)

Cheers, ;)

Desi