2 x 150 or 1 x 250 ??

JL27AY

hmm.... actually i have a 2 x 150 watt liao... thinking is it really worth it to upgrade to a 250 watt.

Corals will be mainly clams and LPS for the moment. But might venture into SPS in future.. who noes rite ... Anyway SPS like the IN thing now .. haha

Anyway if its 2 x 150 = 300 watt , isn;t it suppose to be better then a single 250 watt??

Hmm... anyone did the same upgrade can comment or advise??

• SRC Member

i am using a 2 x 150w as well, but upgrading to 3 x 250w for my 4ft x 2ft x 2ft tank... reason is 150w doesnt penetrate as deep as the 250w and i ended putting my sps nearest to the surface to rec more light.. think u better get 2 x 250w, especially that ur tank is 2.5ft deep

hmm.... actually i have a 2 x 150 watt liao... thinking is it really worth it to upgrade to a 250 watt.

Corals will be mainly clams and LPS for the moment. But might venture into SPS in future.. who noes rite ... Anyway SPS like the IN thing now .. haha

Anyway if its 2 x 150 = 300 watt , isn;t it suppose to be better then a single 250 watt??

Hmm... anyone did the same upgrade can comment or advise??

hey even clam need lots of light... It was suggest that if you keep maxima or crocea under 150, its better to put them up in very high place. And also ultra maxis of crocea need >250watt of light. So dun look down on clams :lol::lol:;);) Anyway SPS keeping is not easy, plenty of knowledge and excellent water conditon is required. And one should not every try to kee them just becase its the so call "IN" thing now. ;);)