My 3 feet RSM

Magnet

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

oh no, actually this is my second clown, didn't manage to get it feed the first time.

This second clown is much bigger than my first one. Hope the theory of bigger fish easier to keep.

Now all my tang seem to swim all over the tank..

Boy i love this hobby :wub:

• SRC Member
New LS,

never try this before, hope it survive...

Anyone got any experience?

Try watching this episode of LAfishguys http://www.youtube.com/user/lafishguy#p/u/24/TU8HoiImwyE

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D

• Senior Reefer

hope u didnt regret your clown tang decision. this fish falls into the category of "wish you can keep it alive, but its too hard to feed, but when its alive, u wish it was dead because of its aggressiveness" fish.

• SRC Member
Anyone knows how to clear white spot in the main tank?

What kind of medicine are good?

When my tangs get white spot I don't add medication but for my case the tang recovered but not everyone is so lucky you can check Lemon's thread he's remedied the white spot disease in his tank... :eyebrow:

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

too much organic nutrients...either you get a better skimmer or do water change more regularly...probably due to yr fishes plus yr skimmer not performing efficiently. red/brown algae spreads very fast..within hrs can overpower yr tank.

short term remedy is to off yr lights for 24hrs and do water change...and scrub yr tank walls.

l7304smr.jpg

• 3 months later...

Think of keeping angels for the time now, Currently got a flame angel, majestic angel and a maroon clown.

Still thinking of adding pottery angel, emperor angel and blue face angel. Would it be over load? :thanks:

• SRC Member

In terms of overloading should be ok given that your tank currently only have 3 fishes.. i hope they are quite small size??

your new addition should not be too big as well..

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• SRC Member

Bro care to share what happened to your tangs and how are your previous problems on algae growth?

Reading through your posts make me feel as if you just keep adding stuff w/o care on compatibiliy and constraints of your RSM. I would love to be proved wrong, but I venture to guess that fishes and corals end up dying in your tank over time and you just go out and spend more $ getting more fishes and corals.

I do hope that I'm wrong. HTH

• Senior Reefer

in terms of bioload, its ok. but do remember that fishes need space to grow out. i would suggest skipping the emperor or blue face. 3ft tank is too small for these large angels.

small emperors can be kept but have to be sold once they get bigger. IMO, large emperors are very nice. small ones are okay. there is no such thing as a small sized emperor with adult colours since they only morph once they attain 4-5 inches in length. if you want to keep a small one and watch it morph to an adult, you need a big tank and good food. do note that transformation from juvenile to adult phase is not 100%. many a times, the juvenile changing process will stop halfway.

Bro care to share what happened to your tangs and how are your previous problems on algae growth?

Reading through your posts make me feel as if you just keep adding stuff w/o care on compatibiliy and constraints of your RSM. I would love to be proved wrong, but I venture to guess that fishes and corals end up dying in your tank over time and you just go out and spend more $ getting more fishes and corals.

I do hope that I'm wrong. HTH

Haha, mu previous tank got white spot ans it passes to all the fishes, And yes you are right. i kept adding fishes and corals too fast. Now i'm trying to add 1 fish at a time for 2 weeks..

• SRC Member

Haha, mu previous tank got white spot ans it passes to all the fishes, And yes you are right. i kept adding fishes and corals too fast. Now i'm trying to add 1 fish at a time for 2 weeks..

good to know lesson learnt bro :) Add slowly and monitor water parameters, aggression amongst fishes and let your tank mature. :D

• 1 year later...