rare angel fish

• SRC Member

hi all... wanna noe e feedback on tis angel before i commit to owning it in e future... any bro down here who keepin tis fishes can share their experience. show pic wil be gd... n also how to care for them....

spectacle angel

bandit angel

goldflake angel

clarion angel

From what read... Conspic is quite hardy but they require a very big tank... Unless you can get a small size one..

Bandit from remarks and feedbacks, they rarely make it pass 3 months..

Goldflake should be rather hardy...

Clarion, not yet heard of anyone keeping... But hope you know the price tag for this angel.. Recent only go 3 piece heard from LCK..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member
From what read... Conspic is quite hardy but they require a very big tank... Unless you can get a small size one..

Bandit from remarks and feedbacks, they rarely make it pass 3 months..

Goldflake should be rather hardy...

Clarion, not yet heard of anyone keeping... But hope you know the price tag for this angel.. Recent only go 3 piece heard from LCK..

conspic will try to get next yr durin july(bonus day) hehehe....

guess bandit will be out of my list.

goldflake, i got no luck. my 3rd attempt only last for 4mth. eat quite well but as time goes by, it gettin skinner n die. :(

clarion, ya it cost a bomb. but when i c e fish, wow!!!!!!!!! if stirke 4-d then can buy.... hehehe.........

conspic will try to get next yr durin july(bonus day) hehehe....

guess bandit will be out of my list.

goldflake, i got no luck. my 3rd attempt only last for 4mth. eat quite well but as time goes by, it gettin skinner n die. :(

clarion, ya it cost a bomb. but when i c e fish, wow!!!!!!!!! if stirke 4-d then can buy.... hehehe.........

Conspic is quite seasonal... Need to wait...

Clarion cost an ATOMIC BOMB lor... Haha...

Member of:

hi all... wanna noe e feedback on tis angel before i commit to owning it in e future... any bro down here who keepin tis fishes can share their experience. show pic wil be gd... n also how to care for them....

spectacle angel

bandit angel

goldflake angel

clarion angel

Your fish list is not hard to realise if u've the money for them. Bandit and Conspic are not difficult once they pass acclimation. Both bandit and conspic will prefer lower temp (preferably below 27) and for bandit try to get a 4 inches and below as big ones always perish. Goldflake is a really easy angel and is not rare compared to the others in your list, so if u looking for something rarer and obtainable, clipperton will be a possible choice as it'll be available sometime next year. Clarion i've no experience, but its a holacanthus, so it's an easy angel as well, hardy and aggressive and commands an enormous price tag. Adults are currently available at LCK i suppose.

LCK still have a Sub Adult Clarion and a Conspic...

Bro Digiman, Clipperton confirm will be available?

It'll be available from the same source as clarions. Whether we can see it here will it depends on whether steven is willing to bring in. The rocket high price will be a daunting factor though.

What is the expected price in SG... Becos it can reach 10k in US?

The 10k price tag is an exaggeration in RC. Since cortez marine brings in clippertions in bulk, it should be lower than 10k. But definitely the first batch's price will still be out of reach to many, but hopefully similar to clarions, after a few batches, the price will drop in time.

But what is the price tag for Clarion now.. Din ask Steven about the price when I was there today,..

I did not see the clarions cos not in sg. But should be still v high. Maybe those who've asked can share the price here..

But what is the price tag for Clarion now.. Din ask Steven about the price when I was there today,..

$3500 for this batch of Clarion. Last year price tag was higher than the current one.

In fact, LCK's supplier has a 2" Bandit but he did not want to bring in because it cos double the price of a 3"-4" Bandit.

$3500 for this batch of Clarion. Last year price tag was higher than the current one.

In fact, LCK's supplier has a 2" Bandit but he did not want to bring in because it cos double the price of a 3"-4" Bandit.

Patiently waiting for Bandit and Conspic shipment :eyebrow:

Bro you want the 2" Bandit??? :eyebrow:

I still got space for 1 last angel. Hehehe....

Nah, too small for my tank. Want to get a 4" one.

Sure bullied by my King and Africanus.

What's the last angel in your list? Bandit or Conspic as well?

Nice Price.. It seems like the price tag is not as high as those being sold in other countries..

Member of:

Double the price... Meaning ard 1.5k?

Member of:

Double the price... Meaning ard 1.5k?

Above 1.2 k.

Problem with rare fish is that the demand is not there. This factor deters the LFS to bring it in. Unless the interested party can commit to the request then we will likely to see some of this rare fishes in local.

Spending 1.2k on a 2" bandit that has a near 100% of survival is more worthwhile than spending $600 on a bigger bandit that is bound to wither away. I know of a reefer that has failed 4 times at larger bandits so in total has lost over 2k and not yet successful.

However not many pple are willing to spend over 1k on one fish, pple are generally more willing to spend on corals than fishes. As such LFSs are more willing to bring in bigger bandits that will die than to bring in small bandits that adapt better. Bandits are so beatiful, but those 5 inches and above should be left in the ocean.

Spending 1.2k on a 2" bandit that has a near 100% of survival is more worthwhile than spending $600 on a bigger bandit that is bound to wither away. I know of a reefer that has failed 4 times at larger bandits so in total has lost over 2k and not yet successful.

However not many pple are willing to spend over 1k on one fish, pple are generally more willing to spend on corals than fishes. As such LFSs are more willing to bring in bigger bandits that will die than to bring in small bandits that adapt better. Bandits are so beatiful, but those 5 inches and above should be left in the ocean.

I quite like them... But it is difficult to find 2-3 inch Juv in the Ocean too I guess...

Member of: