6x2.5x2.5 Reef Tank Plans/Progress

AlfaRomeo

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member
I see bro.bubble is literally taking my word to go for the kill...he..he

I don't understand....if you have space for a tank twice the size of mine , you shouldn't think twice about it...I know I wouldn't..... :P

its all abt the money sis :P maybe i can save enough for the tank.... the empthy tank alone <_<:lol:

any more pics bro alfa??? :D

Will it help it if i feed the AT with live brine shrimp? as in to get it to start eating in my tank....

actually hard to say....

in nature they are herbivores, some of my tangs eat brine shrimp or mysis...but some are just pure vegetarians...

individual preference even when it comes to my tangs..i just feed a variety and let them choose what they want..hehe

• SRC Member

I am very very sick of the sediments in the water column liao, so i got myself an Eheim Pro II 2026 filled with filter floss to help filter out the sediments. Will swapped out the filterfloss weekly to prevent it from being a nitrate factory. Hope it helps to clear up the water till cyrstal clear.. hehehe

flow rate of pump is 950L/hr...

What do you guys think i should do with the ceramin ricks and the substrate that came along with the filter? Just fill it up in a 'sock' and place it in the sump?

• SRC Member
Alpha....I see you're having problems with sediment in your tank... :blink: Has the situation been rectified with your Eheim?

I've this problem too.

Was told by some experienced guys that bec my LR was too Raw....and didn't clean them properly.....have to bear with it, and wait for the sediment to settle within the tank..... :(

I've since been filling my sump with filter wools(in all columns)..to remove them, but dun seems to help! :pinch:

• SRC Member

Mine seems to be improving with the help of the canister filter.. water looks cleaner. Will give it a week or 2 to see if can totally resolve the issue.

Mine sedimants got no chance to settle on the sand/LR since there is a constant hurricane in the tank courtesy of the 3x6100 blowing at full force... hehehe

I think sediments in the water column is better than on the sand/LR but the best is if its totally out of the system...

Changing out my filterfloss every 2-3 days and putting in fresh new pieces...

Water looks superclear under actinics but looks like its filled with sediments under the MHs

Cant think of anything else to do. Maybe the experts and more experienced reefrs can chime in and help to brainstorm on what else i can attempt to get rid of the remaining sediments/particles?

• SRC Member

Hmmm, that should be the case by right but its not happening but now its getting better with the help of the canister jammedpacked with wool. Better but not really crystal clear.

Can it be my refuge that is contributing to all the sediments in the tank?

• SRC Member

Alfa,

What is your turnover rate for your sump? If it is fast enough, and you can put a piece of cotton wool in your sump to capture the sediment, then the sediment should not be flying around for long.

I think your Tunze are doing their job in stirring up the sediment. The problem is you don't have anything that capture the sediment, either because the turnover rate to your sump is too slow, or you don't have any media in your sump to filter them out.

• SRC Member

Alfa got discipline ah..

i aiming ard 7 in my small tank liao..

hope your AT pulls thru....my previous one died of hunger..no ICK...refused to eat lettuce or Henry's receipe..keep nibbling at LR...

• SRC Member

hey WL..

glad u know ah

whaha

Alfa 6 feet aim to keep 5..then going by this ratio..i only can keep 4 liao..

but hard to resist lah...i think i will keep at least 5 also..

:yeah: