6x2.5x2.5 Reef Tank Plans/Progress

AlfaRomeo

• SRC Member

Current skimmer not enuff juice? Upgrade to Macro lor... I was comtemplating upgrading from my previous 648 beckett to the Macro since its so highly recommended by a few reefers here...

BK was shortlisted too but KIVed to a much much later date after the product has matured and the kinks ironed out. Recently found out that you need to specially order the skimmer with an extra ozone bypass port if u ever need it... the standard skimmer is not ozone proof due to the silicon hose used for the airline.

So finally decided on the Deltec since it has underwent a few evolutions and the design is rock-solid in terms of skimming principles now.

My decision on a skimmer is based on well-known articles on how an effective skimmer should perform and its dynamics.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

No lah, the only thing I have that rocks is the Skimmer and CR... and since both are from Deltec... so Deltec Rocks lor! and its from my personal experienced and only my humble opinion... Im not pro-Deltec just because I own 2 of the products. Im pro Deltec cos from what i have read from everywhere, these 2 products are rock solid in design and amoung the best in terms of what its suppose to do. Relatively cheap too when u consider the competition in the same league..

• SRC Member

Pictures will be coming as soon as the AT has relaxed and feel at home enuff to be photographed without overly stressing it. As you probably can tell. Im very very scared when it comes to the AT... my precious! :)

Mr Deltec should be reserved for those that are running the AP1xxx series of skimmers. Those are the ones who are truly confident of Deltec :)

LS, the sticks are now all browned-out due to the major amounts of nutrients/food that I have been pumping in to get the AT to start feeding. hehehehe..

dun be modest, i c a pinky birdnest at the bottom right of the AT pic. :pirate:

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

wah.. dude.. ur tank nice.. awesome.. and ur at too.. look healthy.. hahax.. hope my tank can looke like urs.. juz make it into landscape only.. ur yuma or mushies look big.. :yeah: hahax.. nice..

Reefing is like a Relationship, Once you fall in Love with it, You will Love it for Life... :wub:

5a8bbdf6e2308_YUMA16.png.f2e17836611683574a142ad6fbd86466.png

• SRC Member

Too dark ah? I dunno how to photo it properly lah.. just point and shoot only.. will try to get brighter photos! hehehehe

Any tips? :bow:

Use a better camera :lol: ....like wat weileong and roidan has :whistle

post-34-1094181419.jpg

There are 2 types of person, those that chose learn n do it rite the first time and those tat chose to learn it the hard way.