Ten's 2by1by1 Nano

tench1

• SRC Member

no worries bro .... not so petty lah..... else would have burned down that Ray fella's house already!!!

ph34r.gif See lao ah pek say bad stuff about me again.. dun make me put a curse on you.. everytime u suan me another hair drop.. WHAHAHAH thumbsup.gif

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:yahoo: you 2 made every reefer's day filled with smile. wahahaha.

Jacky, yes its underflow...toking abt that make my blood boil....

Yes. there is filter wool after the underflow. Which collect debris and poo...

And also a tunze skimmer remove nitrate. And not to forget, a handful of growing chaeto.

Done...CoralRx almost 80% of the stuff.

Today, only managed to find 1 x nudi. (Destroyed)

But sad to say, due to the rescape, i had lost a beloved purple fire-goby.

How and why? All my fault for scarying it till he got caught by the carpet anemone...

So sad...

Haizzzzz

Done...CoralRx almost 80% of the stuff.

Today, only managed to find 1 x nudi. (Destroyed)

But sad to say, due to the rescape, i had lost a beloved purple fire-goby.

How and why? All my fault for scarying it till he got caught by the carpet anemone...

So sad...

Haizzzzz

Sorry to hear that bro. rip.gif

Incidentally my purple firefish also died in one of my rescape.

He was hiding in one of the rock's crevices and I just left that rock in the balcony.

He became ikan bilis.....

may that be a scarce consolation to you....

Now tht you have dipped them, try to get hold of a small yellow wrasse.

It can help to keep the remaining/ new hatched nudis in control.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

Thanks jacky, indeed, we learnt from our mistake and will be more careful next time round.

With regards to this incident, i would like to take this opportunity to share how deadly carpet anemone can be.

Guys, please take some precaution when you are rescaping your tank with C.A. lying somewhere in your tank.

It is just like a deadly spiderweb, when your fishes got trap in its tentacles and thats it...

Yup, will be getting some Yellow Warrase from LFS. :)

Bro Ray, it had been a tough sunday morning wor...Yes i did. Lucky i got my brother to help me. Else, i think i will be on MC today. hahaha

Yes, dipped, blown with wavemaker, and invert and shake...EVEN those LRs!

haha :paiseh:

• SRC Member

Bro, sorry to hear about your casualty. Yup, carpet anemones have one of the deadliest stings and are predatory by nature, have to be careful with small fishes, not the first I heard of this already. Sometimes fishes will chase each other until they bump into the carpet anemone and get eaten lol. After the coral rx treatment, I think you can relax for a while and observe if the corals are doing better. Add a yellow wrasse soon :P

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

Bino, thx for the comforting words. I will be careful with that deadly creature.

Wondering whether its a time bomb...anyone have any comments?

My corals are doing pretty well today! Esp the zoas. Most had shown their beauty except my gsp. Mayb its position aren't perfect.

My corals are doing pretty well today! Esp the zoas. Most had shown their beauty except my gsp. Mayb its position aren't perfect.

glad to hear that the coralrx dip works.

remember to dip all new additions before putting them into your tank now.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

• 2 weeks later...

Another mixed feeling day...My Yellow wrasse had been missing since Thursday...

It was a pretty healthy fellow...Haiz...

Cannot even find the body...WTH..

Happy that i just got another 2 little peppermint shrimps! haha

• Senior Reefer

Another mixed feeling day...My Yellow wrasse had been missing since Thursday...

It was a pretty healthy fellow...Haiz...

Cannot even find the body...WTH..

Happy that i just got another 2 little peppermint shrimps! haha

eh. do you have a sandbed?

no sandbed, don't keep wrasses that fall into these genus halichoeres sp, macropharyngodon sp (leopards), anampses sp (tamarins), pseudojuloides sp (pencil wrasses), coris sp

all the above mentioned wrasses need to have a sandbed. if you are not experienced enough to know their scientific names, check it up. if any of the wrasses you want fall into the above genus, don't attempt unless you havea sandbed.

Yellow wrasse - Halichoeres chrysus.

eh. do you have a sandbed?

no sandbed, don't keep wrasses that fall into these genus halichoeres sp, macropharyngodon sp (leopards), anampses sp (tamarins), pseudojuloides sp (pencil wrasses), coris sp

all the above mentioned wrasses need to have a sandbed. if you are not experienced enough to know their scientific names, check it up. if any of the wrasses you want fall into the above genus, don't attempt unless you havea sandbed.

Yellow wrasse - Halichoeres chrysus.

lol.. too complicated....

I have kept a yellow wrasse for 3 - 4 weeks without any sandbed .... he was fine.

yellow wrasse difficult to keep?

I bought just 1 and he is doing very well.

But last friday, I heard from a couple of reefers that there is an element of luck involve.

• Senior Reefer

lol.. too complicated....

I have kept a yellow wrasse for 3 - 4 weeks without any sandbed .... he was fine.

it's not advisable to keep leopard wrasse, tamarins, yellow wrasse, coris etc in a tank without sand bed longterm.

it's not impossible for them to adapt to a bare bottom tank. I know many reefers keeping them in bb. but it's a very important element for these fishes. they need the sand to feel secure and sleep in at night, as well as to hide when they feel threatened.

For very hardy and easy species like yellow wrasse. bare-bottom for months no problem or even permanent.

but touchier species like leopards and pencil wrasses may suffer without the sand bed. Talk to some of the resident wrasse gurus here and they will tell you the same.

there's nothing complicated. it's just nature.

• Senior Reefer

yellow wrasse difficult to keep?

generally very easy fish. Some perish due to shipping stress.

to facilitate it to your tank, a sand bed will help make it feel comfortable while it gets used to the tank.

well, at least i get to see the dead body and they can be fed to my corals...

haha

lol... but sorry to hear the sad news bro.... rip.gif