• IPhone
    • Blackberry
    • Samsung
    • Nokia
    • Others

• SRC Member

hey guys..

contract ending soon,

cracking my head over which brand of phone should i get...

the 3 brands i'm actually looking at is HTC, Apple Iphone and Blackberry..

Prefer touch screen keypad, longer battery life...

Seriously considering Apple Iphone,

because of the apps, and its known for its long battery life...

but i believe about 50% of the singapore population is having an Iphone...

Thinking of blackberry but never hear much review about it from friends/relatives (not many of them using)

Lastly, currently using HTC Touch Diamond,

pissed off with it being quite laggy at times,

and the horrible battery life that can end in less than a day without me on WiFi..

hoping to hear good reviews from the latest models...

maybe can get some feedback from the bros here on their particular phone that they are using,

assist me in getting my new phone :eyebrow:

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

hey guys..

contract ending soon,

Thinking of blackberry but never hear much review about it from friends/relatives (not many of them using)

and the horrible battery life that can end in less than a day without me on WiFi..

maybe can get some feedback from the bros here on their particular phone that they are using,

Hey igna,

get an iphone and you will not look back.

just ask Comycus, Ray, Digibee, Justin, and any iphone users.

The Blackberry is more suitable for coporate users.

I have been using pocket pc since HP Journada days and I can tell you nothing beat this phone.

I charge my phone during work so the phone battery life does not bother me.

what ya waiting for? Go get one today!

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

1) if you love downloading new apps/games/utilities - iPhone FOR SURE! No one else comes close. Really, it is that easy and fuss-free! Even the N97... trust me, i'm was one of those 'die-hard' Nokia fan, who insisted getting the N97 on the day 3GS was made available in SG. End up selling it within 1 month. In fact, it is so user-friendly, i find myself being an unwilling iPhone evangelist.

2) iPhone = long battery life? you are probably the first person i know who says this... Do you mean hours used before charging or before you change the physical battery? If it's the former, then you're sooooo wrong. iPhone is very well known to be a battery sucker! Charge AT LEAST once aday. Get prepared to buy 1 more charging/data cable for your office. Or if you're doing sales and drive around, get a car kit. You WILL NEED it. If it's the latter, then don't worry, before you change the iPhone's battery, you would be buying the newer version of iPhone...

3) Blackberry: do you really NEED to be 'informed' via email even when you're on the move? If for business use, sure... otherwise, quite unnecessary. Nokia E71 will probably do the trick. Oh touch-screen... think Omnia II? But really... if you want touch-screen... don't need to look anywhere else... iPhone is THE ONE. the little screen transition between applications makes it look cool. Plus all those '3rd party' apps... way too cool... and if you jail-break the phone... the possibilities are ENDLESS!

However, it's really way too common... >50% of my friends are on iPhone. Back in the office, my division alone, 10 out of 12 of us are iPhone users... Finding a charging cable is so much easier these days... alternatively, i heard the new generation android phone is pretty decent...

Hope this helps...

hey guys..

contract ending soon,

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

are there even any unhappy iphone user out there?

have not met one.

hey wilson, your response so long but you forgot to vote.

lol

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

have not met one.

lol

hmm... good point! i've not met one too... so far, only know those who try to 'resist' it... all turn converts after trying it.

Oh yes, if you like to SMS while driving, then this is NOT a phone for you.

but truth be told, the battery life is really something that irritates me...

Jacky: i'm reserving my vote, coz he didn't indicate his 'usage' preference... :)

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member
Hey igna,

I have been using pocket pc since HP Journada days and I can tell you nothing beat this phone.

its amazing how you can come out with 4nicks just like that from SRC..

amazing...

the power of Apple :P

1) if you love downloading new apps/games/utilities - iPhone FOR SURE! No one else comes close. Really, it is that easy and fuss-free! Even the N97... trust me, i'm was one of those 'die-hard' Nokia fan, who insisted getting the N97 on the day 3GS was made available in SG. End up selling it within 1 month. In fact, it is so user-friendly, i find myself being an unwilling iPhone evangelist.

2) iPhone = long battery life? you are probably the first person i know who says this... Do you mean hours used before charging or before you change the physical battery? If it's the former, then you're sooooo wrong. iPhone is very well known to be a battery sucker! Charge AT LEAST once aday. Get prepared to buy 1 more charging/data cable for your office. Or if you're doing sales and drive around, get a car kit. You WILL NEED it. If it's the latter, then don't worry, before you change the iPhone's battery, you would be buying the newer version of iPhone...

3) Blackberry: do you really NEED to be 'informed' via email even when you're on the move? If for business use, sure... otherwise, quite unnecessary. Nokia E71 will probably do the trick. Oh touch-screen... think Omnia II? But really... if you want touch-screen... don't need to look anywhere else... iPhone is THE ONE. the little screen transition between applications makes it look cool. Plus all those '3rd party' apps... way too cool... and if you jail-break the phone... the possibilities are ENDLESS!

However, it's really way too common... >50% of my friends are on iPhone. Back in the office, my division alone, 10 out of 12 of us are iPhone users... Finding a charging cable is so much easier these days... alternatively, i heard the new generation android phone is pretty decent...

Hope this helps...

yea..

i heard lots of good reviews on I-Phone..

thats why i'm seriously considering it..

just need some good reviews from "outsiders" besides my friends and family..

battery wise,

theres 2 sides of the story...

i've heard from friends who really claimed that their battery life can last for about 2days if they just sms only...

seriously after just reading the comments from both you and jacky,

it actually affirms me more to get an I Phone..

Carpe Diem~!!!

• SRC Member

have not met one.

lol

YEA!

i wanna hear some unhappy iphone users.. lol..

just curious, cos everywhere i go and read,

i've been hearing nothing but good reviews about it..

hmm... good point! i've not met one too... so far, only know those who try to 'resist' it... all turn converts after trying it.

Oh yes, if you like to SMS while driving, then this is NOT a phone for you.

but truth be told, the battery life is really something that irritates me...

Jacky: i'm reserving my vote, coz he didn't indicate his 'usage' preference... :)

to me battery life is actually important..

but if all the other features that you mentioned surpassed all the other models of phones,

i wouldnt mind getting the iphone..

i shall just invest in another battery,

like how i did for my current HTC..

bringing a spare batt wherever i go...

i guess i would be the one that "try to resist, but will eventually turn convert".. haha..

i always ask myself why whenever i randomly decide to turn one round to look at the people around me,

i'm sure i'll catch someone using an iphone.. :P

Carpe Diem~!!!

• SRC Member

felt Iphone can do more. as i dunno much about others other than the blackberry.

if you can wait, wait for Iphone 4G. releasing in june if im not wrong. should reach our shores 1 or 2 months later after the release.

have fun picking.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

Let me try to list down the cons for you. These are personal encounters.

1. Too common. Just like those days. Ericsson 688 or nokia 3120.

2. Extremely lousy battery life. And unlike other phones, the concept of spare battery means adding an extra "piggyback" case. Not a 1-1 swap.

3. Cannot bluetooth images/videos/any other files to other bluetooth enabled phones, other than iPhones. This is an issue if u like to share photos with friends/family.

4. Songs. Unlike the pc format, music can Only be transferred via iTunes. Maybe I'm not a regular user, but I do have difficulties transferring "selected" songs directly from pc to phone. Had to create a playlist in iTunes before transfer. Read: extra step!

5. You are only given up to 5 machines to sync up ur iPhone or songs, files transfer. Anymore, data on phone will be wiped out and overwritten. Most people don't know they can sync up to 5 (like me).

6. Must be realistic, with an iPhone, it's virtually impossible to be using it for SMS only. Get prepared to spend travelling time playing games/surfing Internet (like what I'm doing now on the way to work...)

Others have may issues that I've not encountered. But if u r ready foe the above, then u will surely enjoy the iPhone, and more importantly, all the free apps that comes along! That's what, IMHO, made it such a cult product.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

• SRC Member
Hey igna,

wah, you very observant hor Jacky, hehezz.. :lol:

kiko, ever since I changed to iphone i get no worries of changing to another one anymore bcos i am going to stick to iphone for the longest time. It is user friendly, many applications to play with and more and more everyday from itune store for you to download. Its hip, stylish and it's apple. Downside is the battery life and depends on how you using it. Application usage tend to eat up the battery life faster than just chit chatting and sms. ^_^

God Blessed all who appreciate His wonderful and beautiful creations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

my first reef aquarium 15jan2010

3x2x2ft EOS 10mm tank with sump//deltec sc2060 skimmer//arctica 1/10hp chiller

maxpect g2 170w led//vortech mp40w wavemaker//eheim 1262 universal pump

eheim compact+ 3000 chiller pump//caribsea ocean direct live sands 40lbs

and other misc...

common means it is good........if you can watch....4G coming out.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

• SRC Member

i got iphone and blackberry. to me a fone must be a functional tool for email, sms and ofcoz msn (friends) Black berry push mail is a very convenient tools for this workign function whereas iphone. Yes lots of app for download but to me., i guess i am a more square person. ii prefer bb.

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

• SRC Member

i got iphone and blackberry. to me a fone must be a functional tool for email, sms and ofcoz msn (friends) Black berry push mail is a very convenient tools for this workign function whereas iphone. Yes lots of app for download but to me., i guess i am a more square person. ii prefer bb. yeah

I am just an average FR (fish reefing) writer. If you like my FRs, please upz my points.

• SRC Member

Apple user since the 90s, so my suggestion is a bit biased. I don't want to sound like a hipster fanboy, but once you go Mac, you can't go back. The iPhone is really a remarkable phone, very intuitive user interface. Once you have it in your hands and find yourself blogging from the toilet, you will realise that the future has really arrived.

As for the iPhone being very common, more power to Apple lah. If I have a time machine I would tell my 1990s parents: Buy Apple, Google stocks. :P

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

NEXUS ONE. NEXUS ONE. NEXUS ONE.

Just about everyone has iPhone. Be different, get Nexus One.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• SRC Member

dont bother with HTC , i used to have a o2 mini and a dopod 838 pro all made by HTC , all had design problems like watr seeping into the lcd screen for 838 pro which at that time was their flagship model and its still so sucky. i had to go and exchange 1 to 1 with them threaten them about making the issue damn huge before they reluctantly exchange for the last 3rd time, and all 3 times was the same problem for every unit.

and as usual sine i never like to follow the crowd , i bought a omnia hd which was a lemon unit, and when i sent it in for repair i went to gt a satio which was very un-user friendly and i sold it off in a week and lost $300 on it. now i am telling myself why i never get the iphone. i guess my next phone will be the 4gs supose to be release later this yr.

Mix Reef Tank: 5ft x 2.5ft x 2ft mixed reef

Chiller: daikin 1hp compressor

Return: Red Dragon 6.5m3

Lighting: Aqua Lumen Ocean 4ft

Skimmer: Reef Octopus RO-RPS-5000-EXT w/ Bubble Blaster

CR: RM 824 /milwakee PH controller

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

American Pinpoint PH monitor

American Pinpoint ORP Monitor with Resun Ozone

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424

RM FR 624

TLF Phosban Reactor

My old tank thread

469748_10150741487628605_529506809_o_zps36d5c396.jpg

• SRC Member

oh by the way the google phone is made by HTC

as well so i guess it should be their biggest mistake to partner with HTC

Mix Reef Tank: 5ft x 2.5ft x 2ft mixed reef

Chiller: daikin 1hp compressor

Return: Red Dragon 6.5m3

Lighting: Aqua Lumen Ocean 4ft

Skimmer: Reef Octopus RO-RPS-5000-EXT w/ Bubble Blaster

CR: RM 824 /milwakee PH controller

Tunze TS24 with 7096

Tunze Osmolator

American Pinpoint PH monitor

American Pinpoint ORP Monitor with Resun Ozone

RM sulphur denitrator

RM FR 424

RM FR 624

TLF Phosban Reactor

My old tank thread

469748_10150741487628605_529506809_o_zps36d5c396.jpg

• SRC Member

I used Dopod 810 before, loved it. Then switched to Samsung Omnia. Wanted to get HTC HD2 until Nexus came. Now waiting for Nexus One to get stabilize to ensure I'm getting a stable product.

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• SRC Supporter

Using Omnia II and has been contemplating to Trade in for a iPhone since starhub and M1 is selling. In terms of functionality, I think Omnia II has some additional functions than iPhone. So that is what holding me back from switching... the 'cow' at hm had been bugging me to switch though... cos she is using iPhone!!!!

just a penny for thoughts.....

• SRC Member

many thanks to all who gave all their inputs and share their thoughts on the different kinds of phone..

esp bro wilson, for the effort of listing down the cons of iphone...

i guess most of you guys out there are still in favour of the iphone...

i shall wait till june then, to check out the 4G iphone..

although i dont know whats the difference between 3G and 4G... haha...

Let me try to list down the cons for you. These are personal encounters.

1. Too common. Just like those days. Ericsson 688 or nokia 3120.

2. Extremely lousy battery life. And unlike other phones, the concept of spare battery means adding an extra "piggyback" case. Not a 1-1 swap.

3. Cannot bluetooth images/videos/any other files to other bluetooth enabled phones, other than iPhones. This is an issue if u like to share photos with friends/family.

4. Songs. Unlike the pc format, music can Only be transferred via iTunes. Maybe I'm not a regular user, but I do have difficulties transferring "selected" songs directly from pc to phone. Had to create a playlist in iTunes before transfer. Read: extra step!

5. You are only given up to 5 machines to sync up ur iPhone or songs, files transfer. Anymore, data on phone will be wiped out and overwritten. Most people don't know they can sync up to 5 (like me).

6. Must be realistic, with an iPhone, it's virtually impossible to be using it for SMS only. Get prepared to spend travelling time playing games/surfing Internet (like what I'm doing now on the way to work...)

Others have may issues that I've not encountered. But if u r ready foe the above, then u will surely enjoy the iPhone, and more importantly, all the free apps that comes along! That's what, IMHO, made it such a cult product.

Carpe Diem~!!!

• SRC Member
Apple user since the 90s, so my suggestion is a bit biased. I don't want to sound like a hipster fanboy, but once you go Mac, you can't go back. The iPhone is really a remarkable phone, very intuitive user interface. Once you have it in your hands and find yourself blogging from the toilet, you will realise that the future has really arrived.

As for the iPhone being very common, more power to Apple lah. If I have a time machine I would tell my 1990s parents: Buy Apple, Google stocks. :P

my next laptop after my current vaio would most likely be Mac..

would like to try it out.. haha...

blogging from the toilet?!

omg :shock:

if you've bought google stocks then,

you would be having an eight feet tank right now :eyebrow:

Carpe Diem~!!!