Pasar Malam - Office Tank

clee123

Here are some of the Equipment: Most of the equipment were from my old 5 ft Flat Hexagon tank except the Beckett Skimmer...

As you can see very simple setup:

Becktett Skimmer with Rio 26H pump and waste collector

TLF 150 FR with 1 Litre Active Carbon Meida

Bubble Magus FR with pump (filled with RowaPHOS media)

Aquamedic NB1000 CR with CO2 Cylinder/Electronic Solenoid valve/Atman feeder pump

1 x MD55 return pump to first main returen outlet

1x Eheim 1260 return pump connected to chiller and second return outlet

1 x Arctica 1/3 HP Chiller

The actual size of the main tank : 5 ft (L) x 2 ft (W) x 2.5 ft (H) with 12mm class with the sump is 3 ft x 1.5 x 1.5

hi bro ur chiller is an healia hc 500??

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for this it should work just great for u as more over ur office is a/c ha ha

nice tank and set up

Actually the office Air Con is quite cold leh... about 24-25C and I really don need the chiller... but the central building a/c switches off everyday at 6 pm and also on Saturday (after 1pm) and Sunday (upon request)... so still need lor..

I got one incident happened few days before the CNY that almost destroy the whole tank and live stock due to the chiller issue.... :upsidedown:

fts-022012.JPG

Actually the office Air Con is quite cold leh... about 24-25C and I really don need the chiller... but the central building a/c switches off everyday at 6 pm and also on Saturday (after 1pm) and Sunday (upon request)... so still need lor..

I got one incident happened few days before the CNY that almost destroy the whole tank and live stock due to the chiller issue.... :upsidedown:

Wow unless power shut down or else it should be an issue to u for now, ha ha

waiting to see more update from u also

Wow unless power shut down or else it should be an issue to u for now, ha ha

waiting to see more update from u also

Actually I am not too worry about the power shut down thingy.... for commercial office the down time usually very shot (the most is 2 hours) - the only thing need to adjust is the timer for the lightings..once the power is up..

The problem that almost cost me the whole tank was the second return pump connecting to the chiller...

I placed the second return pump in the Return Compartment (togther with the main MD55 pump) and connected it to the in flow of the chiller and from the out flow of the chiller to the second outlet return to the display tank... This is usually everybody do rite?... but somehow the water level was so low in the return compartment and as it was separated by the bubbles trap, water returned to the display tank was so freezing cold that all the corals are not opening and tank class was foggy..this happen when I was back to the office on Monday morning 3 weeks back... I tot the chiller should shutdown when reaching certain low/high templates?? Not sure way this can happen? :cry2:

May you all should try this where the water level in the return compartment barely cover the pumps and see if this happens to your tank or not??

The solutions were:

Check the water-level in sump before weekend

move the second return pump to the larger skimmer compartment with sufficient water to pump water to the chiller that return water to the display tank

may be to invest in a auto top-off system

post-16749-1266996081_thumb.jpg

fts-022012.JPG

Well, here are the initial setup of the tank in front view (office staff) and back view (conference room ).. too many corals as I was transferring all the corals from home to here while my Home tanks (see another thread on Pasa Malam - My Home tanks) were being worked on...

post-16749-1267000033_thumb.jpg

post-16749-1267000078_thumb.jpg

fts-022012.JPG

wowwwww nice .....boss u company got any vacancy ? can work they at the same time watching fish....lol...

hee..hee...my staff only watching the corals and fishes when they are having breaks... :snore: if they are watching the tank all day long...then my office can close shop soon... :cry2:

post-16749-1267379327_thumb.jpg

post-16749-1267379356_thumb.jpg

fts-022012.JPG

• SRC Member
hee..hee...my staff only watching the corals and fishes when they are having breaks... :snore: if they are watching the tank all day long...then my office can close shop soon... :cry2:

lol... staff having breaks,

boss secretly taking photo behind.. :D

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

• SRC Member
some closed up pictures to make the day:: prata couples

Nice Roti Prata... :eyebrow::upsidedown:

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.

• SRC Member
Really like this 5ft Back Galaxy lighting - this light fixture comes with 2 x 150W MH and 4 x 58W T5 blue tubes (with separate timer for both MH and T5):

Was using the same lighting the last time for my 5 footer too but if the lights are switched on for too long, the timer/control box will need to be replaced. Replaced mine twice before. So to prevent it, you'll need to change the fuse to a higher amp. Can't really remember what are the amps of the fuse to use but you can give the agent a call. They were the ones who advised me the last time. :rolleyes: Overall the light set is still nice :rolleyes:

Was using the same lighting the last time for my 5 footer too but if the lights are switched on for too long, the timer/control box will need to be replaced. Replaced mine twice before. So to prevent it, you'll need to change the fuse to a higher amp. Can't really remember what are the amps of the fuse to use but you can give the agent a call. They were the ones who advised me the last time. :rolleyes: Overall the light set is still nice :rolleyes:

Thank Bro.... do you have the contact no or address of the agent...?

fts-022012.JPG

• SRC Member

Nice... :D

My Setup:

3x2x2 tank with IOS

Equipment List:

Chiller: Artica 1/5HP

Chiller Pump: Sicce 4000

Return Pump: OR3500

Skimmer: Deltec APF600

Wavemaker: Tunze Wavebox/2x Hydor K2/SCWD wavemaker

Lights: DElighting 2x150W MH + 2x 39W T5 Atinic

FR: Skimz

FR Pump: Atman AT-104

Tubby ATO, Kalkweisser Reactor with magnetic stirrer.