Pasar Malam - Home Tanks

clee123

Attached is my Reef tank Water Parameters, Dosing and Light Chart I use for maintaining my 6 Feet tank based on some requests from the reefers. Please take note that, as tank condition and water parameters varies from tanks to tanks based on the corals and fishes, maturity level, as well as the approach/method you use, it is strongly advise that this should be use as a reference only and might not apply perfectly to your setup. :agreed:

Dosing and Lighting Chart.pdf

For Zeovit method, the dosages I adopt here for various Zeovit products are based on the data collected from the DTOTQ tanks for the past three years in Zeovit webseite (http://www.zeovit.com) plus my personal adjustments best for my tank condition. Please do your own necessary research or adjustment if you see fit. Hope this is of some useful help for bro/sis here: :friends:

*p/s: I had made some typo / error correction to my chart particularly the dosing mixture as spotted by one bro .. :ThanxSmiley:

fts-022012.JPG

• SRC Member

:bow::bow::bow: WOW !!!...Organised, Neat & Purr-FECT ! :cheers:

Attached is my Reef tank Water Parameters, Dosing and Light Chart I use for maintaining my 6 Feet tank based on some requests from the reefers. Please take note that, as tank condition and water parameters varies from tanks to tanks based on the corals and fishes, maturity level, as well as the approach/method you use, it is strongly advise that this should be use as a reference only and might not apply perfectly to your setup. :agreed:

Dosing and Lighting Chart.pdf

For Zeovit method, the dosages I adopt here for various Zeovit products are based on the data collected from the DTOTQ tanks for the past three years in Zeovit webseite (http://www.zeovit.com) plus my personal adjustments best for my tank condition. Please do your own necessary research or adjustment if you see fit. Hope this is of some useful help for bro/sis here: :friends:

*p/s: I had made some typo / error correction to my chart particularly the dosing mixture as spotted by one bro .. :ThanxSmiley:

:pinch: Been looking around for LED replacement for my current MH / T5 lightings..

IMHO, the followings are good products:

1) Maxspect Mazarra

2) Ecotec Radion XR30W

3) Orphek Advanced LED

But then I did a calculation for my 6 footer..there are all not that economical for me to make a immediately switch as well as that effordable than I tot they are.. :thumbdown:

For example, for Maxspect even the "S" series I will need about 6-8 modules and might not sure whether can cover the 2.5 depth of my SPS tanks.. for Radion XR30W similar requirement which I need more $$$ (for nice to have functions like wireless syn with my MP40w and cloud mode) ... and for Orphex, I will need 3 set of 180W models...

Would it be nice if you can have an option to "design and build" one that can provide the sufficient coverage and, at the same time, meet your budget? :idea:

I am not sure if any local LFS in our area provide the DIY or "custom build" services with sufficient expertise in LED technology and they themselves are reefers... The following might be of useful for other reefers that are considering switching to LED with a cheaper alternative.. However, quality is subject to time tested.. :agreed:

post-16749-0-88628300-1317903073_thumb.j

post-16749-0-71170100-1317903129_thumb.j

Basically you can specify the the lenght, the number of white, blue, royal bule, moon light and special 10W or 20W supper led to be configured or installed and auto sensors for turn on/off of moonlight based of amount of light and of coz the timer setting...

mmm... wondering I should get two 90cm units like the above or 1 single 180cm unit.. :pinch:

post-16749-0-09356800-1317903689_thumb.g

http://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=12783593633&

post-16749-0-15604300-1317904692_thumb.j

post-16749-0-95291700-1317904715_thumb.j

fts-022012.JPG

• SRC Member

not so sure about it you can try to ask them to change the driver for you to meanwell since meanwell is made in china...

if you are a DIY person.. it is cheaper to diy yourself or ask some reefer to diy for you ... then to get them to make one.. most of the materials you can get it online... 1 pc of cheapo 3w white led without star chip cost around less then 1USD if u buy in bulk

the only different is the apperance of the light set... DIY you have all those expose wire etc..

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

not so sure about it you can try to ask them to change the driver for you to meanwell since meanwell is made in china...

if you are a DIY person.. it is cheaper to diy yourself or ask some reefer to diy for you ... then to get them to make one.. most of the materials you can get it online... 1 pc of cheapo 3w white led without star chip cost around less then 1USD if u buy in bulk

the only different is the apperance of the light set... DIY you have all those expose wire etc..

thank bro... not a DIY person by natural and don have time and engery to do that either... but really in the hunt to cut down my monthly electricity bills... :thumbdown:

fts-022012.JPG

• SRC Member

thank bro... not a DIY person by natural and don have time and engery to do that either... but really in the hunt to cut down my monthly electricity bills... :thumbdown:

hahaha the only way to reduce is not to keep reef tank...

i would prefer a combi of LED with T5...

Selling big game fishing equipment. Stella 20k / 17k .. made in Japan jigging blue rose / kabuzu popping rod... pm for prices

Took this picture...It happened that all my tangs were all in one single shot... :yahoo:

post-16749-0-44229600-1318437939_thumb.j

Simply amazing shot, look at the background and colors with the perfect tang posting....speechless :shock:

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...