Any photographers here ah? Just curious

Ketchup

• SRC Member

Yes, I know. He is one of the best maco shooters in Clubsnap. The other one is tchuanye... :upsidedown:

tchuanye is my spidey inspiration.... I remember he had a amazing sunset picture of waterskaters!

Regards,

Billy Cheong

70gal, 250w MH (Reeflux 12000K), Tunze Nano Wavebox 6206, Tunze 6045, Tunze 6025, Teco TW4, Rio HF20, Aquabee 3000L, Rio HF17, SM100 Scrubber box (4x24w T5 2700K)

Fish: Amphiprion ocellaris (Ocellaris Clowns), Nemateleotris magnifica (Firefish), Pterapogon kauderni (Kaudern's Cardinal)

Inverts: Calcinus laevimanus (Hermit Crab), Lysmata amboinensis (Cleaner Shrimp), Sand Dollar

Corals: Capnella (Purple Hairy Finger Leather), Plerogyra sinuosa (Green Bubble Coral), Euphyllia glabrescens (Torch Coral), Dendrophyllia (Supersun Coral), Rhodactis spp. (Hairy Mushroom)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• SRC Member

I would think it would be quite difficult if not near impossible to use the raynox DCR250 for a tank macro. A couple of issues surface:

1) The focusing distance for the Raynox DCR250 is ard 5cm max and depending on the zoom you use, it could go down to 2 cm focusing distance

2) Due to the short focusing distance for the Raynox DCR250, you would almost certainly have to use an U/W casing to take the U/W macro shots

3)The DOF when using the Raynox DCR250 is very thin. This means that if you want the entire coral to be in focus, you would need to position your camera parallel to your coral which would be very difficult in any tank.

Thx for clarifying. I also felt that the short focusing distance and shallow dof would make it quite impossible, just wanted to seek expert opinion :)

• SRC Member

Happen to see this picture I took donkey years back with my first DSLR, Canon 300D blushing.gif

firework3b.jpg

IR Photography, anyone? (D70s)

DSC_1758.jpg

Peter,

You shoot with Stevewhy?

Hi bro, i hav a few pics taken with IR filter and hav no idea how to edit them... They're all red, could u pls share? Thanks Bro... :thanks:

1ft cube with IOS [the low tech tank]

1. JBJ C-breeze to keep temp hovering around 27-28'C

2. LED clip on - 120 bulbs

-skimmer-less-

My 3 humble equipments that keeps my tank running... [DRIED OUT]

1. The RSM itself of course 2.My NEW Deltec MCE-300 Skimmer 3. My trusty Arctica Chiller

Tank parameters:

Temperature maintained at 25.3'C to 24.7'C

No3: 10ppm(b4 the use of the deltec skimmer)

No3: 5ppm (after use of the skimmer)

Others? too lazy to measure...LOL

Camera- EOS 50D

• SRC Member

Hi bro, i hav a few pics taken with IR filter and hav no idea how to edit them... They're all red, could u pls share? Thanks Bro... :thanks:

http://www.tutorial9.net/photography/infrared-photography/

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Billy Cheong

70gal, 250w MH (Reeflux 12000K), Tunze Nano Wavebox 6206, Tunze 6045, Tunze 6025, Teco TW4, Rio HF20, Aquabee 3000L, Rio HF17, SM100 Scrubber box (4x24w T5 2700K)

Fish: Amphiprion ocellaris (Ocellaris Clowns), Nemateleotris magnifica (Firefish), Pterapogon kauderni (Kaudern's Cardinal)

Inverts: Calcinus laevimanus (Hermit Crab), Lysmata amboinensis (Cleaner Shrimp), Sand Dollar

Corals: Capnella (Purple Hairy Finger Leather), Plerogyra sinuosa (Green Bubble Coral), Euphyllia glabrescens (Torch Coral), Dendrophyllia (Supersun Coral), Rhodactis spp. (Hairy Mushroom)