Any LFS providing service to setup a 1.5ft tank

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pang Seh Kia... lol...

Now left me and Zac.. even Qiang also pang seh... #$%#@% <_<

you are upgrading soon too lah..... dun talk so much 1st :P

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

no la.. scrap the idea liao.. unless got good lobang.. haha..

now cant wait for my new toy to be setup!!

thought it should up by now.... quick chop chop......

but be prepared for your corals to go off colour for a while.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

• SRC Member

Ok so as to not go :off:

Let me sum up the last few comments by saying: an all in one IOS cube tank like JBJ or Boyu comes highly recommended :angel:

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

In general,

do agree with the rest.

1) put water and fish together on the first day, fish will most likely be dead the next few days.

2) 200 not enought for new tank. like the rest mentioned, pasir ris got lots of fish farm selling reasonable price item.

buy from pasar malam section will be better. Can get tips from the seller also. Price is usually very reasonable.

3) read up during tank cycling. there is unlimit things to learn. even with a empty tank with live rock and water. you will still enjoy the process of discovering unqiue creatures - that when u need to do the reading (internet, library, src forum) for more information.

4) plan your livestock too. check which are the peaceful communtiy fish and for nano tank.

i learnt from re-born that same fish, different country origine also have different agressiveness.

5) lastly, i also bought thinkg from the yishun shop.....feel that they are not sure of their selling price also (for livestock).

• SRC Member
wow.. thanks for all the advise... for the JBJ 24G nano tank, may i know what comes with the tank? lighting? Fan? pump?

The ultimate reef series biotope!

This edition will virtually fit on any desktop or counter area to add a contemporary look & feel of a BIG TANK performance in a Nano Cube environment. But, don`t be mislead by its small size because our new 24g Nano Cube delvers 3 watts per gallon of high intensity JBJ compact fluorescent light output during the day and the new Nite-Vu LED moonlighting illuminates nocturnal behaviors with natural rhythmic shimmering throughout the night.

Advanced Features:

24 Gallon Glass Cube

Panoramic Viewing with smooth rounded corners. This Nano offers the ideal dimensions for mni-reef and planted aquariums that require depth for rock stacking and planting.

Built-in 3-Stage Filtration

This discreet filtration system is hidden and provides maximum space for tank inhabitants. Mechanical - Sponge filter traps detritus and free floating particulate matter Chemical - Activated Carbon bag removes dissolved organics and odor Biological - Ceramic Rings and Bioballs provide the ideal environment for beneficial bacteria. Submersibe Pump - Includes a 105 GPH pump for water circulation.

Fan-Cooled "Flip Top" Canopy

The new redesigned canopy offers (2) 50x50mm cooling fans that drawout the heat generated by the lamp before it has time to warm up your water temperature. The unique canopy draws air in through the sides and pushes the warm air through our new ventilated reflector and up through the fans for a cool running cube. The new canopy sliding track allows for easy lifting and securely holds the canopy in place for routine maintenance. The front of the canopy flips back for quick access for feeding.

JBJ Compact Fluorescent Lighting + Nite-Vu LED Moonlighting

Includes (2) 36 Watt 50/50 CF lamps for daylight operation and (2) Nite-Vu LED moonlights to recreate a rhthymic nocturnal shimmer. Contains an integrated energy-saving electronic ballast within the hood and one toggle switch to control both CF lamp and Nite-Vu LED moonlights. Installed with a German socket lamp holder for easy lamp install and removal. A newly redesigned clear splash guard protects the lamp, ballast, and fans from moisture and water contact.

CE Approved

Manufactured with the highest quality components for trouble free performance.

• Dimensions: L 18" x W 19.6" x H 19.7"

• Capacity: 24 gallons

• Power Supply: AC220V-60Hz

• Pump (included): 106 GPH

• Lift: 1.3m

• Lighting: (2) 36 Watt 50/50 CF Lamp + Remote Ballast, (2) Nite Vu LED Moonlights

if i get the hang on filter instead of the cannister type... could it be used on the JBJ nano tank? sorry for the dumb question....

because the back of the JBJ will have 3 compartment for your filtration, if you want additional HOF, you need to remove the hood and buy a T5/clip on Metal helide lightset for it.

see which one is your preferences

• SRC Member
wow.. thanks for all the advise... for the JBJ 24G nano tank, may i know what comes with the tank? lighting? Fan? pump?

this is AM's JBJ nano tank for your reference....comes with PL/ T5 lightings....they r running this w/o chiller and using MH becoz their shop is air-conditioned...

post-15124-1269410428.jpg

l7304smr.jpg

if i get the hang on filter instead of the cannister type... could it be used on the JBJ nano tank? sorry for the dumb question....

if you get the JBJ, you do not need the cannister or HOB anymore.

the filtration is built in.

• SRC Member
Is my tank considered good lobang?

I wanted to post this:

"waiting for someone.. shall not mention nick (W*****T***W) to make up his mind and sell me his tank.."

so.. what do you think? lol..

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

thanks again for all the feedback. Mostly i would get the JBJ 24G nano tankset from bro qiang.... other than those accessories that what he provide me, i still need to purchase tunze protein skimmer, bacteria starter, hydro flo deflector and fan.....

Can any bros please advise me where to buy those accessories at a good price. Im staying in jurong area.. best is near my area. mind advise me for those accessories it is meant for what purposes. thanks...

try shop at 328 but there are 2 shops there, the inner one is the one I am referring to, the other if not wrong is called polyart. Happy hunting and enjoy the process.

thanks again for all the feedback. Mostly i would get the JBJ 24G nano tankset from bro qiang.... other than those accessories that what he provide me, i still need to purchase tunze protein skimmer, bacteria starter, hydro flo deflector and fan.....

Can any bros please advise me where to buy those accessories at a good price. Im staying in jurong area.. best is near my area. mind advise me for those accessories it is meant for what purposes. thanks...

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

Surface skimmer draws water from the water surface which prevent oil layer from forming. A protein skimmer will draw water from water surface or below water surface. Hope I am clear.

one more dump question which i had asked bro qiang but still i a bit blur.... whats the different btw surface skimmer and protein skimmer???

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

Surface skimmer draws water from the water surface which prevent oil layer from forming. A protein skimmer will draw water from water surface or below water surface. Hope I am clear.

Why do you need surface skimmer for the JBJ?

It is just a mechanical device that helps you extract the top layer of water that contains oil.

Usually use in conjunction with a cannister filter.

The tunze 9002 protein skimmer is a equipment that extract waste from within the water.

The dirt/ waste will be collected in the collection cup.

I would suggest you make a trip to Reef Depot to purchase the Tunze 9002 skimmer and probably the rest of the other stuff cause C328 is kind of messy and if you do not know what you need, it will be kind of difficult. Or tell you what, if you need help, let me know which day you are going to get and I will see if I am free to drop by C328 there with you to get those things and at the same time, run through some of the marine tank basics with you. just note that I have very limited knowledge :)