medication for ich

recently hv tried using waterlife octozin....... it works to a certain extent....... maybe u should try it........ a bottle cost $11 from petmart. 1 bottle contains 21 tablets. put 7 tablets per day into ur tank for 3 days and switch off ur skimmer. read up the instructions to gain a better understanding.....

Is this waterlife octozin reef safe?

Anyone tried and got negative effect?

• SRC Member
ich outbreak this morning.. my clown kanna white spot.. powder blue yellow tang all kanna... chaos lieo...

i think prepare to find a gravyard for them... dont think it is possible to save them...

Good luck for your rescue. :)

yes. octozin is definitely reef safe as i hv used it myself. but do not expect octozin to be a miracle cure. ich will go but will come again if u r not careful. 1 small octozin bottle comes wif 21 tablets. the medication is a 3 day course. 7 tablets per day for a 158 litres tank (about 3 ft). switch off skimmer, uv, take out carbon, chemi pure, etc. during treatment.

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

this means that octozin will cure whatever fish which is experiencing ich in the tank. u can c no more white spots on any of ur fish after the recommended treatment period. but then, ich will come back again if ur water parameters r not right again.

Austin the Westie: "I may be your best friend, but you are my everything".

Lightning Strike's Back!!!

Reefkeeping Is Not My Hobby, It's My Obsession.

Austin's Birthday

.png

• SRC Member

Ich on blue tang kept come n go. Moved to Qtank. Next day, ich attacked anthias. Fed food soaked in garlic. Recovered.

Currently, all fishes in main tank are okay. Should I remove all of them to another place?(different from the tank with b.tang) So that ich will die after remain in free swimming stage?

Or should I left them as they are, whereby improving the fish immune sys against ich so that ich will die off gradually?

:thanks:

• SRC Member

Sigh....my newly introduce brown tang is now like white spotted brown tang!!! :cry2: and its not eating as well......hope it can pull through...!!

By the way does fresh water dip can also kill ich....try before quite effective!

• SRC Member
Sigh....my newly introduce brown tang is now like white spotted brown tang!!! :cry2: and its not eating as well......hope it can pull through...!!

By the way does fresh water dip can also kill ich....try before quite effective!

Had tried that method, no use leh. Blue tang almost "up the lorry"!!!

Luckily, I quickly put it back to salt water. <_<

Once, i had this nightmare, bought a PBT from one of the farms;

infected almost all my fishes with fungus....1 tomato, 1 lion, 2 fake clowns and the PBT went to see the fish god....

Dosed my tank big time with Marlin or some blue liquid...whole tank turned blue, even the silicon turned blue....but all the other fishes recovered; killed some LR in the process though.

During treatment, some fishes had cloudy eyes, thought they went blind, luckily they recovered.

Anyway just to share my horrifying, heart wrenching experience.

Bottomline............................just keep live rocks :)