Wts Lps Red Brain Coral

• SRC Member

Hi bro, where did you buy this coral and what is the exact size? Any ID would be useful cos it doesn't look like a brain coral :)

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

looks like a favia or "huang li"

Best Regards,

Morpheous

==========================================================================================

My Ocean Pets:

Emperor Angel, PowderBlue Tang, Regal Angel, Teardrop Butterfly, Singapore Angel and Nemos

==========================================================================================

(Only when you guard your lips, you guard your soul....)

• Senior Reefer

the real brain corals in the sea are actually favites sp. and other genus of favias. large colonies of favia, platygyra, favites etc are all called brain corals.

the fleshy trachyphyllia, wesophyllias seen in our trade are called open brain corals......

google up brain coral to see. TS is technically not wrong in calling it a brain coral.

i am, however, interested in knowing where he got it.

there's no such thing as acclimating a coral to room temperature (rtp). if its alive in RTP, it means it can survive in rtp and doesn't need acclimating, or it's slowly dying but not dead yet, or it's just tolerating the temperature which is not optimal for it's health.

TRUE acclimating would take years of evolution and successive continuation of the species to naturally occur and survive in waters at RTP.

• SRC Member

TRUE acclimating would take years of evolution and successive continuation of the species to naturally occur and survive in waters at RTP.

thats true.. i suppose it the coral is taken from our local water the coral would be able to survive at RTP??

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• Senior Reefer

thats true.. i suppose it the coral is taken from our local water the coral would be able to survive at RTP??

the water in the sea will always be cooler than that in our tanks. even at surface level. but then again, i guess it's safe to say that the coral can survive at RTP, if it's harvested at the surface level in local waters.

then in that case, it will be unfair to say that he acclimate it to RTP, and then this thread would be a lie.