Epoxy

FuEl

Hmmm..could'nt find a thread linked to epoxies..so decided to start a new one.

Which brands are recommended? I'm sick and tired of getting superglue all over my hands..don't ask why... <_<

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

i am using selley's knead it.....

Found in normal D.I.Y shops? When you mix the 2 parts together..how long does it take to set? It can set with no problems in water right?

• SRC Member

i get mine at carrefour for around $3 bucks.... u would know its going to set when u feel it burning hot on ur hands.. :evil::evil::evil:

dont wait for that to happen coz it really heats up hardens fast.... usually i bring out the rock first let it dry a bit while i mix the 2 parts then when i can feel abit heat, mold it on the rock then get the acro frag stick it in.... let it dry for a minute then put back to tank....

Hmmm..it can be set underwater? I don't wanna take out the coral and stress it further..somemore it's such a big piece..real scared of damaging the skeleton against liverock and the glass...

• SRC Member

fuel, u may want to try sticking suncorals upside down... means underneath rock crevices/caves/cliffs....

i bought a coral glue in a lfs a month ago for quite an expensive price, thought it would be better than selley's as it's meant for corals.... damn waste of money, all the same application and outcome....

• SRC Member
so reefer guy the brand is call

selley thread it ar

is it in a tube or some sort of container>>

its called "selley's knead it", comes in a cylindrical plastic container and its not in oil/liquified form, much more like a clay....

fuel, its hard to mold the knead in water as it could barely stick... u have to do it out of the tank, but its not that long anyway... so far i had only 1 casualty doing so, kana rtn.... :(

Erm..don't think I can stick this piece upside down..I have seen sun corals in other peoples tank doing well even when placed in well-lit areas..

This piece is very big...bigger than my hand...I don't have any cave that can accomodate this piece..for ease of feeding also...that's why I going to put it upright.....

• SRC Member
I use Alteco A+B. Its $6 in roll form. No heat and water proof.

Actually I found Alteco to be quite poor. It is not very sticky and it does attach to the rocks well.

The next best I tried is the Wessbond underwater epoxy.

The best brand I have used is Two Little Fishes Epoxy. It dries fast and attaches very well to even dirty LR. It is also the most expensive option. :blink:

• SRC Member
i get mine at carrefour for around $3 bucks.... u would know its going to set when u feel it burning hot on ur hands.. :evil::evil::evil:

dont wait for that to happen coz it really heats up hardens fast.... usually i bring out the rock first let it dry a bit while i mix the 2 parts then when i can feel abit heat, mold it on the rock then get the acro frag stick it in.... let it dry for a minute then put back to tank....

CAR4 selling at 4+ .... a minor correction .... :lol::lol:

u can find it at the handy aisle ....

• SRC Member

Actually I found Alteco to be quite poor. It is not very sticky and it does attach to the rocks well.

The next best I tried is the Wessbond underwater epoxy.

The best brand I have used is Two Little Fishes Epoxy. It dries fast and attaches very well to even dirty LR. It is also the most expensive option. :blink:

yup I have to agree with pospeh.

I have encountered the same freakin frustrating problems.

I thought they were all the same. Now I know. hehehe

Ok I shall look for the wessbond underwater epoxy.

Does anyone have any better brand? Cheap and good?

The reason I use Alteco is cos I have been using it for my model kits to repair and patch resin for spray painting.