Lemon's butterflyfish dominated reef

yikai

• Senior Reefer

*claps* I'm going to copy your sump setup le. Haha.

Btw, I'm sure you provided space for CR and other toys yah? With 1.5hp, doubt u need much top up also.

CR and FR can be placed outsump in my empty 3.5x3.5 feet cabinet :P my tank cabinet is as big as the tank and it's currently not housing anything since i have an external sump.

Very cool design... I also dun have view to the compartment where the livestock can be place.. LOL..

yes the planning stages for the sump took dam long. But had help with reddevils and vincent.

CR and FR can be placed outsump in my empty 3.5x3.5 feet cabinet :P my tank cabinet is as big as the tank and it's currently not housing anything since i have an external sump.

yes the planning stages for the sump took dam long. But had help with reddevils and vincent.

I thought vincent was using this design for most of his tank project..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

I thought vincent was using this design for most of his tank project..

i didnt know that initially lol. at first i plan with reddevils very long how to do something like that. then vincent help with the current design. that's why sump took so long haha

infact the design is same as yours right? if i'm not wrong. just that my cabinet got the hole at the side to see.

i didnt know that initially lol. at first i plan with reddevils very long how to do something like that. then vincent help with the current design. that's why sump took so long haha

infact the design is same as yours right? if i'm not wrong. just that my cabinet got the hole at the side to see.

LOL... Ya... it is the same design... I will just use that as a refugium...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

i like ur sump leh,actually this design diffcult to access section 1 and 2.

but with ur top flip door i think it very POWER :welldone:

chiller coil will be in num 5 with the return pump si bo?

Too many hobby......too little money!

• SRC Member

nice well planned sump.

a lot of run time for water flow before going back to main.

wonder thats the sound level like for this system

Brown SPS > Kinder Surprise

White SPS = Kinder Surprise after expiry date

Assumption killed the dinosaurs, they didnt have test kits.

• Senior Reefer

Awesome setup with a monstrous tank! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

thanks!!! (:

i like ur sump leh,actually this design diffcult to access section 1 and 2.

but with ur top flip door i think it very POWER :welldone:

chiller coil will be in num 5 with the return pump si bo?

yup. chiller coil will be with return pump :) yes section 1 and 2 difficult to access, but with the flip open top, it's easy.

nice well planned sump.

a lot of run time for water flow before going back to main.

wonder thats the sound level like for this system

yes. especially with the skimmer placed just infront of the overflow.

• SRC Member

Lemon, I love love love the planning welldone.gif .... if Ketchup and I ever go for the next tank in 2 years or so time.. we're gonna do up something with as easy access as possible as well.. :) now that we have much more experience and know more reefing kakis to discuss and throw ideas around with. last time blur like sotong.

can't wait for your tank chilling parteh! VODKA DOSING... oh I mean COCONUT RUM DOSING!

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• Senior Reefer

Lemon, I love love love the planning welldone.gif .... if Ketchup and I ever go for the next tank in 2 years or so time.. we're gonna do up something with as easy access as possible as well.. :) now that we have much more experience and know more reefing kakis to discuss and throw ideas around with. last time blur like sotong.

can't wait for your tank chilling parteh! VODKA DOSING... oh I mean COCONUT RUM DOSING!

sure. after my exams which end next week friday ok? :) can come and watch my tank cycle

I love the idea of part 3 of your sump too! Jtb mine is alot smaller :paiseh:

Can see alot of thought put into your pet project. Keep the photos rolling! :cheers:

thanks boss. will do!

Love the sump design and open top cabinet.

thanks bro. the open top cabinet is very useful. my old tank used to give me alot of insecurities with the sump. I had many sleepless nights wondering if it will explode, crash, leak, etc. Finally the stress of worrying alone was enough to get me to decomm, not to mention if something really did happen. due to the extremely poor design plan, 16mm piping etc etc. that spurred me to do alot of planning. I had help from reddevils and i really could not have done it without him. i'm clueless when it comes to technical stuff. i'm more inclined towards living things..

and i have to thank vincent too. for agreeing to all my requests and for his excellent workman ship. really. workman ship is really really well done.

i can sleep with peace of mind now knowing that it's done properly with excellent service and workman ship, and not having to wake up in the middle of the night at the slightest noise which may have anything remotely related to an utter disaster in the living room.

• Senior Reefer

Woo...Nice tank. :groupwavereversed:

Park here to see your update thread.

Just curious who foot the bill for all your system. All the tip-top equipments.. :rolleyes:

i paid for most of it myself....