Lemon's butterflyfish dominated reef

yikai

• Senior Reefer

nice and neat work of the trunking... for the main tank, have you turn off the wave maker?? i suppose if you stop all forms of current the ppt (since insoluble) will "gather" at the bottom which makes it easier for siphoning?

stopped everything. the ppt is extremely fine. even more fine than dust. it will stick onto any surface incuding glass. so i will have to siphon every square inch of the tank in order to get rid of it.

secondly since it's so light, majority of them will still stay suspended in water.

it's more of a suspension. i've dealed with things like this in the lab many a times. especially insoluble proteins that are so fine till this extent. the only way to get them all in the bottom is if you centrifuge, which means spin at few thousand rounds per minute. otherwise it's so fine it will just stay as a suspension and will never go away.

so in other words, to siphon everything out will mean siphoning all the water out. :)

stopped everything. the ppt is extremely fine. even more fine than dust. it will stick onto any surface incuding glass. so i will have to siphon every square inch of the tank in order to get rid of it.

secondly since it's so light, majority of them will still stay suspended in water.

it's more of a suspension. i've dealed with things like this in the lab many a times. especially insoluble proteins that are so fine till this extent. the only way to get them all in the bottom is if you centrifuge, which means spin at few thousand rounds per minute. otherwise it's so fine it will just stay as a suspension and will never go away.

so in other words, to siphon everything out will mean siphoning all the water out. :)

Those in suspension just ignore lar... Siphon out those can be suck out one... The rest when you clean your tank glass and etc.. they will eventually go down and get trap by the wool...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• Senior Reefer

Those in suspension just ignore lar... Siphon out those can be suck out one... The rest when you clean your tank glass and etc.. they will eventually go down and get trap by the wool...

doing it now :D

later going iwarna and ahbeng with nigel. wanna come? lol.

• SRC Member

so in other words, to siphon everything out will mean siphoning all the water out. smile.gif

hmmm... oh dear.. cant really help much then.. lol.. i've tried..

Good luck!

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• Senior Reefer

Hmmm... What time? I 6pm den free i guess not bah..

about 3+ :(

hmmm... oh dear.. cant really help much then.. lol.. i've tried..

Good luck!

lol no problem. it's looking better now dun worry.

Mix this salt to 1.020-1.022 and you'll get crystal clear water after 24 hours. Cannot guarantee this for higher sg, this salt seems esp. prone to precipitation at higher sg. If your chiller is not running and your sg is already at 1.025 it is risky. Lower temperature your sg will rise.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

• Senior Reefer

Mix this salt to 1.020-1.022 and you'll get crystal clear water after 24 hours. Cannot guarantee this for higher sg, this salt seems esp. prone to precipitation at higher sg. If your chiller is not running and your sg is already at 1.025 it is risky. Lower temperature your sg will rise.

thanks. i've accidently made oceanic salt to 1.030 before without precipitation in my holding tub. it was crystal clear after 5 mins. same goes for sg 1.010, 1.020 and 1.025.

i don't know why it's cloudy when i do it in my big tank.

anyway i've siphoned out the ppt and added washed sand. so its very cloudy now but not from the salt, but from the sand.

• SRC Member

hmm.... it's getting dark and my liverocks are in my patio sitting under the pale moonlight :eyebrow:

that should kill all the crabs by tomorrow hehe.

you will be surprised.

those crabs wont die just be sitting under the shade.

been there done that. sun it.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• Senior Reefer

you will be surprised.

those crabs wont die just be sitting under the shade.

been there done that. sun it.

D:

it's ok. i've seen the rocks. alot of crabs but all very tiny and i've killed majority. the rocks are good coz there isnt tiny holes for it to hide. anyway will let them die of dryness and lack of water etc..

• SRC Member

D:

it's ok. i've seen the rocks. alot of crabs but all very tiny and i've killed majority. the rocks are good coz there isnt tiny holes for it to hide. anyway will let them die of dryness and lack of water etc..

i ever saw crabs still surviving in the hot yard of mine after 2 days. that fella still crawling around. hope you manage to hunt all down.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

D:

They'll not die of dryness so easily. The moisture in the rocks is enough to keep them alive for many days. But without water majority of them will scurry out and u can take the chance to kill them. A few left in the rocks are inevitable unless u kill your liverocks w hot water or freshwater or copper, but that will defeat the purpose of getting liverocks.

• Senior Reefer

They'll not die of dryness so easily. The moisture in the rocks is enough to keep them alive for many days. But without water majority of them will scurry out and u can take the chance to kill them. A few left in the rocks are inevitable unless u kill your liverocks w hot water or freshwater or copper, but that will defeat the purpose of getting liverocks.

yes i see alot of them crawling around the floor. all of them are very tiny. few mm only. but nonetheless, must kill all. i've already killed alot.

i see alot of stuff on my rocks lah. there's even a spider living in my rock. have no idea how the hell a terrestrial spider found it's way there. it built a web there lol.

yes i see alot of them crawling around the floor. all of them are very tiny. few mm only. but nonetheless, must kill all. i've already killed alot.

i see alot of stuff on my rocks lah. there's even a spider living in my rock. have no idea how the hell a terrestrial spider found it's way there. it built a web there lol.

Spider?! Spider Crab ba!

• Senior Reefer

Spider?! Spider Crab ba!

nope. it's really a spider. no idea how it got there too.

anyway.

the new deltec SC series is really something!

turned it on for only 15mins and look at all the crap it skimmed out. must be from the sand O.o

post-15755-1276864963575_thumb.jpg

nope. it's really a spider. no idea how it got there too.

anyway.

the new deltec SC series is really something!

turned it on for only 15mins and look at all the crap it skimmed out. must be from the sand O.o

Deltec skimmers never go wrong! Ex but worth it.

• SRC Member

Deltec skimmers never go wrong! Ex but worth it.

couldn't agree more. :score: nothing beats the german skimmer in terms of reputation yet.

and the best thing is that your unit is from the local agent. RD's after sale service is uncomparable. always have the ease of mind getting things from them.

• Senior Reefer

must make my dream come true and stick to my stocklist no matter what. no point keeping boring uninteresting fishes that i've kept before in the past.

this time must spice things up!

if everything goes well, Chelmon marginalis will be hitting our shores via reborn during their next australia shipment. i've asked them and they said it's on their stocklist. if i want it, they wont mind bringing it in provided there's interest.

i just hope it's not too big,

post-15755-12768663114077_thumb.jpg

must make my dream come true and stick to my stocklist no matter what. no point keeping boring uninteresting fishes that i've kept before in the past.

this time must spice things up!

if everything goes well, Chelmon marginalis will be hitting our shores via reborn during their next australia shipment. i've asked them and they said it's on their stocklist. if i want it, they wont mind bringing it in provided there's interest.

i just hope it's not too big,

marginalis i oso wan, pls include me.

• Senior Reefer

Chaetodon mitratus

already bagged this baby and is in my holding tub. my only hope is it lives long enough in the little 1 star hotel until my tank is ready. hang in there buddy!

post-15755-12768664099967_thumb.jpg