Lemon's butterflyfish dominated reef

yikai

a picture of the cabinet. It's so huge that i can sleep in it! and still have space!

the sump is not going inside here smile.gif remember? it's an external sump.

will probably use this giant space for future projects hehehe.

How about having a frag tank inside lol..? Nice tank and the small hood look great, it will be much easier for you to put your hand in without having to remove the hood cover.

Will you be using Seawater or salt mix ?

congrats man!!! fantastic looking tank! can pm me the price??

^+1

hahaha nice tank bro! I can imagine the depth and islands you can build with this new baby! and not forgetting the kind of fish you can have inside the tank! hoho :D

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

haha. come over and have a look when you pop by for the chiller lor :)

a gsp wall is very nice but i will do a gsp rock instead... have an overall idea already. will let things slowly unfold :)

Sure thing. Sat you'll be around yeah? A friend needs the external thermostat. Am going to t-loan to him.

Gsp rock is nice too. I'm doing that up for one of my pillar rock, work-in-progress leh.

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

• Senior Reefer

Sure thing. Sat you'll be around yeah? A friend needs the external thermostat. Am going to t-loan to him.

Gsp rock is nice too. I'm doing that up for one of my pillar rock, work-in-progress leh.

yup. see u sat.

Foam the back lah. Make it 3d, why need Oyama? :eyebrow:

Check out http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1300282

Yo, looks interesting and impressive didn't know its available in Singapore liao. In case I drift too far, I have started a separate topic with some burning questions.

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

yup. see u sat.

Hi Lemon, thanks for the opportunity to view your swimming pool :poster_oops: I mean tank yesterday.

Camping here for more development. :thumbsup:

"Reefs, like forests, will only be protected in long term if they are appreciated"
Dr. J.E.N. Veron
Australian Institute of Marine Science

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

post-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

UEN: T08SS0098F
Please visit us here: http://www.facebook....uaristSocietySG
Facebook Group: http://www.facebook....gid=34281892381

• Senior Reefer

Hi Lemon, thanks for the opportunity to view your swimming pool :poster_oops: I mean tank yesterday.

Camping here for more development. :thumbsup:

you're welcome! glad to have you, fuel and joe over yesterday to have some expert advice :chair:

sump, and piping coming today. and maybe my 2 eheim 1264.

• SRC Member

WOw wow wow :groupwavereversed:

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• Senior Reefer

wah lemon saw ure thread on another forum :) Do Sg proud!

i regularly post on RC to get second opinions. the people there are different from other forums in that they are extremely technical and post very relevant and useful tips/comments which i'm extremely fond of (not that you guys don't post relevant or useful stuff, it's just that the people on the other side of the world are very detailed and just, different views i guess). it's good to have the best of both worlds and that's why i frequent both forums :)

WOw wow wow :groupwavereversed:

thanks man. :)

• SRC Member

and finally, a few pics to comapare how big the tank is.

a dog fish, and my A4 size molecular genetics lecture notes. comparitive to the tank size. HUGE

wa ur tank so big that ur dog sooo relax.

mine so pity....no space to lie down whahahaha.

post-2925-12755610257003_thumb.jpg

Too many hobby......too little money!

• Senior Reefer

some updates for today.

Sump tank arrived

2x eheim 1264 return pumps arrived

overflow piping complete

rest of the piping semi completed and yet to be done. will be completed on saturday

1.5HP compressor arrived (Not hooked up yet)

• Senior Reefer

pics of the overflow. piping in the overflow is done. two returns with a 90degree angle between both.

pics of the incomplete piping from the cabinet

post-15755-12755644974273_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1275564501012_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12755645056381_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

now pictures of the sump. I'm loving this the most and had it designed in such a way that it's 2 tanks in one. i'll explain in detail later.

front view with some badly drawn errors representing the flow of water.

post-15755-12755646901745_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12755646958217_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

top down view of the sump. yes. top down view. I love the flip up doors of the cabinet. Allows top down view of the sump!

more arrows to show water flow direction.

post-15755-12755647602892_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12755647649233_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

top down view of the sump. yes. top down view. I love the flip up doors of the cabinet. Allows top down view of the sump!

more arrows to show water flow direction.

water flows from section 1 into section 2, flowing downwards under the pane of glass.

water flows over into section 3, and flows over into 4.

water flows from 4, under the glass and into 5, where the 2 returns and future coil will be placed.

here's what i like about the sump. section 3 has no underflowing water, which means water flows in and out from the top. This means that it's almost a complete tank within a tank (if you get what i mean). This will be very useful for housing livestock temporarily away from all equipment and other sections. On saturday, overflow teeth will be fixed onto the top of the glass to prevent fish from swimming into other sections with the flow of water. (i hope i explained it well, it's hard to explain in words).

The teeth will complete section 3 by keeping any fish from getting out, but water still flows freely.

this section will allow me to train fish to feed, recuperate wounded fishes, or recovering livestock.

skimmer will be placed in section 2

• Like 1

Nice design. Does it resemble a little of henry's? Can't exaclt remember leh. I could be wrong.

Hey, any reasons why not outsump pump?? Is it's a 1.5hp chiller? Lol. Nice idea of having an easy access sump, ease on maintenance.

Q2: where are you positioning the auto top up?

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

• Senior Reefer

Nice design. Does it resemble a little of henry's? Can't exaclt remember leh. I could be wrong.

Hey, any reasons why not outsump pump?? Is it's a 1.5hp chiller? Lol. Nice idea of having an easy access sump, ease on maintenance.

Q2: where are you positioning the auto top up?

Don't know if the design is exactly the same as henry. But if i remember henry's sump correctly, there's a section for fishes to be housed in too. so i guess it's similar in that sense.

outsump pump? what for? lol.

yes chiller is a daikin air-con compressor. 1.5hp

Am I right to say that there are no doors at section 3 as well? Allowing you to view the section?

yup. the cabinet has no doors at the right side to view livestock at section 3 :)