Lemon's butterflyfish dominated reef

yikai

• Senior Reefer

water and rocks are coming next friday.

this leaves me 1 whole week to do my necessary shopping.

- sand

- extra wavemakers

- test kits

- other marine related barang barang.

things still on my agenda

- Calcium reactor 2nd hand from one of the bros here. waiting for him to release it as he's caught up with something at the moment. Not a problem since i won't need 1 for cycling.

- My lights. 2x 250W MH, 10k BLV bulbs. To counter it with blue, 4x tubes of 39W T5, 2 at the front 2 at the back. Lights are being done now. Not a hurry, no need lights for cycling.

- Compressor. Coil is ready, only need to source a new compressor. Again, not an issue. No need compressor for cycling.

That being said, everything is ready for cycling by the end of next week. Can't wait to get blisters, splinters, backache, fatigue and can't wait to complain. But at the end of the day, i can't wait to sit back and look at it thinking it was all well worth it.

• Senior Reefer

I think both of us will be cursing and swearing while doing our scaping... LOL...

correction. i think i will be cursing and searing MORE while doing scape ahahahah!

• SRC Member

You will probably need snorkeling gear to scape your tank lol. Where will you be getting your live rocks from?

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• Senior Reefer

You will probably need snorkeling gear to scape your tank lol. Where will you be getting your live rocks from?

everywhere. bulk will be from iwarna. they had a live rock shipment last week and i like because alot of the rocks are very big and nice looking. as for quality wise, not as good as coral farm but 10x cheaper. if i get CF rocks, i think i no need add fish and corals liao. can be a rock only with water tank for the next 6 months.

• SRC Member
:D So exciting, can't wait to see the tank filled up. The sump looks very neat and nice by the way, can be a display tank on its own already hahaha!

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• Senior Reefer

:D So exciting, can't wait to see the tank filled up. The sump looks very neat and nice by the way, can be a display tank on its own already hahaha!

ha thanks!

• SRC Member

Can't wait too.... :)groupwavereversed.gif

Regards,

Billy Cheong

70gal, 250w MH (Reeflux 12000K), Tunze Nano Wavebox 6206, Tunze 6045, Tunze 6025, Teco TW4, Rio HF20, Aquabee 3000L, Rio HF17, SM100 Scrubber box (4x24w T5 2700K)

Fish: Amphiprion ocellaris (Ocellaris Clowns), Nemateleotris magnifica (Firefish), Pterapogon kauderni (Kaudern's Cardinal)

Inverts: Calcinus laevimanus (Hermit Crab), Lysmata amboinensis (Cleaner Shrimp), Sand Dollar

Corals: Capnella (Purple Hairy Finger Leather), Plerogyra sinuosa (Green Bubble Coral), Euphyllia glabrescens (Torch Coral), Dendrophyllia (Supersun Coral), Rhodactis spp. (Hairy Mushroom)

• Senior Reefer

Use gloves. -_-

i tried using gloves before. very difficult to get the feel of the rock. each crevice, each hole. it's important to do a beautiful scape.

besides, all the blisters and splinters will only make the final product more satisfactory!

Lemon, do consider the positioning of your circulation pump when you do your rock scaping. SPS needs plentyful of flow, you will need to cater that. Some planning on the strategic location between your rock and pump before hand will save you time and frustration later on.

Treat others the way you wanna be treated...

i tried using gloves before. very difficult to get the feel of the rock. each crevice, each hole. it's important to do a beautiful scape.

besides, all the blisters and splinters will only make the final product more satisfactory!

I going to use gloves, you can never imagine how much bristles are left on my LR by my unlimited amount of Bristleworms.. Your whole palm will be full of bristle when you handle my rocks..

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

the overflow box where the two eheim 1264 outlets are. overflow teeth is done but i'm not liking the colour <.<

dun worry abt the overflow teeth,6 - 12 month should be in purple colour :cheers:

Too many hobby......too little money!

• Senior Reefer

Lemon, do consider the positioning of your circulation pump when you do your rock scaping. SPS needs plentyful of flow, you will need to cater that. Some planning on the strategic location between your rock and pump before hand will save you time and frustration later on.

yup! no problem. thanks for the advice cedric.

• Senior Reefer

Wow, How much did you spend today.. LOL..

bought those damn test kits, two packet of sand, the tunze controller and wavemaker, a giant tong, the epoxy and a new book.

total cost = 1 bandit angel. but worth it lah. i need these anyway.