Lemon's butterflyfish dominated reef

yikai

• Senior Reefer

Like your FTS and scaping, v simple and clean and wide open swimming area with sandy bed.

A wide open style is absent in most SPS tank. But your tank (gg to be SPS tank) has a nice open wide feel, v nice.

U need more corals. The SPS at the back will grow and fill up that space. As for the front sides, there can be more softies or other varieties of corals i feel.

hunting for more softies and other corals now.

abit shortage. large sinularias will fit perfectly but they all seem to have gone extinct!

Thanks to Digiman for this cute little damsel.

Chrysiptera rollandi. Rolland's damsel.

Try to take a pic of the "vanderbilt" chromis, although the pic will not do the chromis justice. Take a video and post next time, promote the fish. It's a very under appreciated fish, left in the back tanks at CF to waste away sob.

yah nowadays hard to find nice corals. due to my choice of fish, my range only softies, SPS and very very limited LPS (mainly euphyllia, cataphyllia, plerogyra).

yellow leather? wait for walt smith. walt smith many nice softies. green sinularia, yellow leather.

tublaria? i think you meant turbinaria which is cup coral. or tubipora, which is pipe organ.

i hate cup corals but i like pipe organs. can go and hunt nice ones during WS shipment.

Just stick around big shipment LFS like Irwana, LCK and Pinnacle. You should be able to get what you want. I am also looking for those vantau/aussie yellow leather. hahaha should be a good addition to the tank hehe :)

Yup, turbinaria, sorry my coral spelling and knowledge suck. Pardon my ignorance bro! :) ahaha but why hate cup corals? I think a goby or smth perched there should be quite awesome! hahaha :)

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

FTS...

sorry. still look very "FOWLR"-ish.

corals too little, SPS all still small. need time to grow :)

veri nice fts bro, like the colors

Main tank: 4.5 x 2.5 x 2
Skimmer: Deltec AP701
Return pump: RD 6

Chiller: Daikin compressor with Titanium coil
Wavemaker: Jebao w-20, Maxspect Gyre xf150

Lighting: 8x54 ATI Sunpower Non-dimmable

Linked tank
Main tank: 2 x 1 x 2
Return: Eheim 1260
Lighting: AI Hydra 26 with controller
Wavemaker: Tunze 6025
My decommed 3 ft setup

• Senior Reefer

Try to take a pic of the "vanderbilt" chromis, although the pic will not do the chromis justice. Take a video and post next time, promote the fish. It's a very under appreciated fish, left in the back tanks at CF to waste away sob.

yah, i will. i really like them.

initially got some aggression from the lone bartlett and royal gramma but after that ok liao.

Just stick around big shipment LFS like Irwana, LCK and Pinnacle. You should be able to get what you want. I am also looking for those vantau/aussie yellow leather. hahaha should be a good addition to the tank hehe :)

Yup, turbinaria, sorry my coral spelling and knowledge suck. Pardon my ignorance bro! :) ahaha but why hate cup corals? I think a goby or smth perched there should be quite awesome! hahaha :)

i just found an orange true octo from iwarna. yup orange. same orange as the aussie hammer.

the orange octo has been featured on reefbuilders before.

veri nice fts bro, like the colors

thanks bro! glad to see you back.

Yes would like to second on what LL mentioned. They can be found in SEA waters and i personally saw it during my recent dive trips in M'sia, saw a orange octo that you described! Was very surprised to find it in asian waters. So i guess these gems can be found in SEA and not in Oz where all the hype and inflation from down under corals.

• Senior Reefer

Wow...if only the aussie scolymia is also available... :eyebrow:

the brand new LPS seen at pinnicle that day is available now!

remember you asked me what it was and i told you i forgot the name?

it's Australomussa rowleyensis and it can be found in nearby indo shipments. This is a rather new coral to hit the trade and i was pleasently surprised to see this insane LPS at Pinnicle. :) in fact, the exact piece at pinnicle was this pictured below.

Anyway i just finished takign a tank video with many shots of the orange true octo. :D

post-15755-000249000 1289061459_thumb.jp

my 2nd tank video.

hope you enjoy and give some comments on how to improve.

V nice, all the small fishes swimming around makes the tank so busy but yet not crowded. The orange octo is jux simply amazing! The vanderbilts having a showdown with the rollandi at 3:00 is so cute. The hooded pair is so nice, i like the female hooded a lot, it makes the male stand out and furthermore the female hooded is rarer! A lot of rare fishes and nice softies.

The SPS need more time to grow out, then it will be even nicer. Personally i feel the tank need one show fish, a centre piece. A big angel or something to be a centrepiece den it'l complete the tank. Remember the big koran in iwarna's tank, it is the centrepiece of the display tank. Your tank need a fish like this. Maybe u can consider a bandit angel or big achilles tang of some sort.

• Senior Reefer

You got two dragonface pipfish? New one?

yah i added one more that was neglected in iwarna'a sump tnak.

V nice, all the small fishes swimming around makes the tank so busy but yet not crowded. The orange octo is jux simply amazing! The vanderbilts having a showdown with the rollandi at 3:00 is so cute. The hooded pair is so nice, i like the female hooded a lot, it makes the male stand out and furthermore the female hooded is rarer! A lot of rare fishes and nice softies.

The SPS need more time to grow out, then it will be even nicer. Personally i feel the tank need one show fish, a centre piece. A big angel or something to be a centrepiece den it'l complete the tank. Remember the big koran in iwarna's tank, it is the centrepiece of the display tank. Your tank need a fish like this. Maybe u can consider a bandit angel or big achilles tang of some sort.

thanks!

show fish? marginalis and declivis not show enough?

hmm... bandit v ex lei. AT? sounds ok. what other showy fish.

semifasciatus pair lor haha.

show fish? marginalis and declivis not show enough?

hmm... bandit v ex lei. AT? sounds ok. what other showy fish.

semifasciatus pair lor haha.

Marginalis dun qualify as a show fish. Declivis may be a show fish but with the marginalis and other upcoming butterflies u gg to add, it dun qualify as a show fish anymore.

A show fish mux be either big, or a stand alone fish in the tank. Normally one single big angel will fit the requirement. For example a big AT, or a big angelfish. It mux also be a fish u like the most in the tank, in terms of behaviour, uniqueness, size, temperament etc. Like in my old tank the conspic is the show of the tank, even with gem tang, joculator, fuscipinnis etc around, the conspic still remain my centrepiece becos of its size and behaviour. Yes a nice pair of semifasciatus will qualify as a show fish in your tank, but the thing is they are v hard to obtain. U can start thinking about wat fish qualify as your showfish. A bandit is not all impossible to u, if u really want can start saving up, but the problem is do u like it and does it qualify as a show fish in your tank?

• Senior Reefer

Marginalis dun qualify as a show fish. Declivis may be a show fish but with the marginalis and other upcoming butterflies u gg to add, it dun qualify as a show fish anymore.

A show fish mux be either big, or a stand alone fish in the tank. Normally one single big angel will fit the requirement. For example a big AT, or a big angelfish. It mux also be a fish u like the most in the tank, in terms of behaviour, uniqueness, size, temperament etc. Like in my old tank the conspic is the show of the tank, even with gem tang, joculator, fuscipinnis etc around, the conspic still remain my centrepiece becos of its size and behaviour. Yes a nice pair of semifasciatus will qualify as a show fish in your tank, but the thing is they are v hard to obtain. U can start thinking about wat fish qualify as your showfish. A bandit is not all impossible to u, if u really want can start saving up, but the problem is do u like it and does it qualify as a show fish in your tank?

i've always had a liking for bandit but it's never crossed my mind to add it in my tank. probably means i don't like it as much. so bandit is a no i guess.

maybe semi pair if can find. if not then maybe an AT... i do like AT. provided it's not too big.

i've always had a liking for bandit but it's never crossed my mind to add it in my tank. probably means i don't like it as much. so bandit is a no i guess.

maybe semi pair if can find. if not then maybe an AT... i do like AT. provided it's not too big.

I vote for semi pair over AT, cos AT is nice but is an ick magnet and can be troublesome in a reef tank like yours.

Let's pray one day your semi pair will apear at CF, Ah Beng, or Iwarna, together w my rusty flame.

• Senior Reefer

I vote for semi pair over AT, cos AT is nice but is an ick magnet and can be troublesome in a reef tank like yours.

Let's pray one day your semi pair will apear at CF, Ah Beng, or Iwarna, together w my rusty flame.

everyday i'm praying for the semi pair to arrive haha. even if don't pair, but come female i will also chiong to get it. the females are also very nice.

if the semi pair arrive at iwarna then for sure i will get it, same for our rusty flame. CF also. after my "die hu" incident, i think aunty will not forget my "mark angel" <<< hahahha.

as for ahbeng, i have little control over there so if the semi appears there it's as good as gone unless i so happen to be at the right place at the right time.

everyday i'm praying for the semi pair to arrive haha. even if don't pair, but come female i will also chiong to get it. the females are also very nice.

if the semi pair arrive at iwarna then for sure i will get it, same for our rusty flame. CF also. after my "die hu" incident, i think aunty will not forget my "mark angel" <<< hahahha.

as for ahbeng, i have little control over there so if the semi appears there it's as good as gone unless i so happen to be at the right place at the right time.

Haha "mark angel". U jux hav to make fun of auntie!

Hai ya auntie dunno dependable or not. She everything also dunno and forget and so "Hu Tu" somemore, remember the theillei incident yest hahaa?

I also told her to bring in those little trimma species again and my invoice number 2001 fish, hope she gets it into her head!

• Senior Reefer

Haha "mark angel". U jux hav to make fun of auntie!

Hai ya auntie dunno dependable or not. She everything also dunno and forget and so "Hu Tu" somemore, remember the theillei incident yest hahaa?

I also told her to bring in those little trimma species again and my invoice number 2001 fish, hope she gets it into her head!

hehe i think she will remember lah. i wrote it down and pasted on her desk.

she did call me recently regarding the chrysocephalus wrasse and the blue-line angel.

so she will remember. especially the semifasciatus which i've been talking about so much to her!

i hope she enjoys her little pig fish. she's v happy with it, i can tell. when it was feeding she was so happy lol.

anyway the fish listed as number 2001 maybe have problem coming in since it's so rare and they only brought in once? before. but their hawaii fishes are really healthy and a force to be reckon with. rhomboids almost always no DOA one. so if your fish 2001 comes, it will be good. I THINK!

hehe i think she will remember lah. i wrote it down and pasted on her desk.

she did call me recently regarding the chrysocephalus wrasse and the blue-line angel.

so she will remember. especially the semifasciatus which i've been talking about so much to her!

i hope she enjoys her little pig fish. she's v happy with it, i can tell. when it was feeding she was so happy lol.

anyway the fish listed as number 2001 maybe have problem coming in since it's so rare and they only brought in once? before. but their hawaii fishes are really healthy and a force to be reckon with. rhomboids almost always no DOA one. so if your fish 2001 comes, it will be good. I THINK!

That's why i want to get the 2001 fish from CF, furthermore price is better than at LCK and can be sure is healthier also.

Actually the 2001 fish is not rare, from i wat heard the hawaii collector always see the 2001 fish during their dive but will jux pass on them becos the 2001 fish always die by the time they reach back their holding facilities. It does not decompress well and always die instantly once reach the surface. So they dun bother to collect as not worth the effort.

• Senior Reefer

That's why i want to get the 2001 fish from CF, furthermore price is better than at LCK and can be sure is healthier also.

Actually the 2001 fish is not rare, from i wat heard the hawaii collector always see the 2001 fish during their dive but will jux pass on them becos the 2001 fish always die by the time they reach back their holding facilities. It does not decompress well and always die instantly once reach the surface. So they dun bother to collect as not worth the effort.

that makes it rare in the hobby!! like smithi butterfly also very abundant in the wild but coz of it's stupid location, cannot get.

oh smithi will make such an excellent show fish,

that makes it rare in the hobby!! like smithi butterfly also very abundant in the wild but coz of it's stupid location, cannot get.

oh smithi will make such an excellent show fish,

u can replace it w a bicolor foxface.

or that pig fish at cf, auntie's pet, that will also be a show fish, so special!

ans not forgetting paucifasciatus and mesoleucos.

so commin in the red sea but where are they? divers all too pampered to catch them.

Same la, like howthe hawaii diver pass on the 2001 fish, the redsea diver is worse! They will push away all the pasusci and meso to chase after the purple tang. I've not bought a purple tang for 5 years already and if any pausci and meso appear, i wil grab it in 5 secs if my 5ft is still around.

• Senior Reefer

this was my roseafascia when i first got it.

there was two, both the same size. but one did not make it.

this was the lone one, and now it's grown into a big male. Big and nice, but not fully grown yet. it still has another 4-5 inches more to grow!! that's huge. the tail has not developed into a nice sword yet.

the male roseafascia in the video is the same fish as this little female here.

post-15755-073290300 1289105000.txt