My 2 feet cube tank.

tigershark

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks all...

bro ervine, remember i ever mentioned to you that i wanna setup a 4x2x2 tank.... hv to give up the idea caused my little pricess coming soon in Jan...

bro sherman, dun hv any DC with me now, hv to wait till tomorrow where i'll bring bk the DC from my company... will post up more pic of my sump.

bro freewill, the cabinet, hood and sump was maid by gerald aka tank maker. i design the general layout where he improvised my design and customise it for my, cost for the sump + cabinet + hood ard $350 (can't really remember but is ard there), not include all the switches, socket, wiring lighting.... the total setting up is less than 1K....

you DIYed the lights right?

i must say its damn solid!

but just wondering... would it be better off using T5? i mean, since you are already customising... plus so many PLs (the heat generated?)

i've just completed my DIY hood + T5 holder, but looks far from yours... mine looks damned amateur sia... probably needs to buy some paint to paint nicer looking or laminate it...

hehe

• SRC Member

sinner- yes... i add an airpump but the downside is, the size of the bubble is slightly bigger.... you might want to try it but the result may vary from 1 skimmer to another,,,

freewill- ever think of getting so many T5 but at such high price, i could go for MH + a 2nd hand chiller.... the wiring job could be more neat if i keep all the wiring under the reflector but i took all the wire out again after thinking of troubleshooting issue where it is very difficult to find out which wire to which ballast/tubes :(:(

• 3 months later...
  • SRC Member

ah^siao- wan to keep the bio as low as possible, fish need to be feed very frequently and caused water pollution more compare to reef only tank, thats why i stop keeping any fish after my brown tang MIA ;)

reefer guy- nice to met u too bro! was rushing home that day or else we can go for a coffee session. maybe wqe can fix a day and go for shopping together!

nicky30092002- always wanted to upgrade like you did but my financial minister say cannot due to bad economy.... maybe your financial minister can advise mine and tell her that the market is recovering and it is best time to spend! :yeah::yeah::yeah:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...