2x1x1.5(H) fowlr tank

3kg of BioHome media, 1" sand bed, 1 large live rock

RedSea Prizm PRO skimmer, 36w PL light, 4 hours a day

NO3 30ppm, pH 8.1, salinity 1.023, temp 26-27 degree celsius

need suggestion on livestock, confirm livestock

1 x gold stripe maroon clownfish

2 x turbo snail

2 x nassarius snail

can anyone recommend me another 3-4 uncommon/cheap/hardy fish?

give up on keeping lionfish

intend to keep this setup as low maintenance as possible

water change 10% monthly using NSW

thank you

246jn7q.jpg

• SRC Member

come my open house tml you can take the hardy fish :yahoo: .

see my sales thread any fish you want :chair:

but how cheap is your budget, and what colour of fish that you would be interested :peace:

but TANGS would be a nono if you want low maintainence.

• SRC Member

pm you already :ThanxSmiley:

i suggest not to keep maroon clown...firstly, their colours will turn dark after a while. Dun know y...secondly, they r quite aggressive...

i wd suggest true perculas, black clowns, blennies, gobies, these few....and u may want to make this an anemone tank...maintenance will be easy...they dun require strong lightings and frequent water change and nice to look at...

this afternoon irwana has brought in rock flower anemones...u can take a look...easy to keep...and they are small...

l7304smr.jpg

intend to keep fish not suitable in my reef tank

a little semi aggressive like

gold stripe maroon clownfish

bicolor dottyback

six line wrasse

need more opinion

Damsels.. cheap and hardy

any nice damsel to recommend?

thanks all

suggestion:

tailspot blenny - not as aggressive as bicolour blenny and can help to control algae

red firefish

yashia goby & pistol shrimp pair.

common clown

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

Since you already have a 322 with loads of fishes, you may want to consider using this small tank as a themed tank. e.g. one/two color only, flasher&filament wrasse only, seahorse, Eels, Mantis, gobies only, etc...

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jppost-2241-0-43391700-1354511230.png

"Be formless... shapeless, like water. If you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup. You put water into a bottle; it becomes the bottle. You put it into a teapot; it becomes the teapot. Water can flow, or it can crash. Be water, my friend..." - Lei Siu Lung (Bruce Lee)

• Senior Reefer

hmm...

you are looking for UNCOMMON fishes but yet cheap and hardy?

ahh i love your category.

fullmoon goby - priolepis nocturna (very uncommon. extremely hardy though)

Semeion butterflyfish - Chaetodon seimeion. (very uncommon and only shipped as juveniles. the adults are spectacular with a brilliant brilliant sapphire blue forehead)

Red sea pearlscale butterflyfish - Chaetodon paucifasciatus. hardy and not expensive. Very uncommon, comes only from the red sea. looks like the indonesia orange pearlscale butterfly but has a brilliant red tail instead of orange. easy to feed and maintain too!

Lightning wrasse - Halichoeres cyanocephalus

actually there are many uncommon and overlooked fishes that are being sold at dirt cheap prices. that's why it's good to know your fishes well if you want to keep these kind.

perhaps letting us know what kinds you like? gobies? butterflies? angels? each family has it's fair share of uncommon, cheap and yet very overlooked.

not sure what i want but these species are out

Angels

Anglers/Frogfish

Anthias

Butterflyfish

Dragonets

Eels

Lionfish/Scorpions

Pipefish/Seahorses

Tangs

interested in wrasse, but i have no experience

is six line a good choice?

i really love gold stripe maroon clownfish, like the red and yellow combination

intend to add a Banded Coral Shrimp as scavenger.

thanks

• Senior Reefer

the fish you want are not uncommon at all and are so easily obtainable! there's no kick in that lol. forget about sixline, maroon clown and coral banded shimp. so common!

for angels maybe you can try swallowtail angels? they're interesting and many of them are beautiful and uncommon. don't go big angels as your tank is too small.

bellus angel is a good choice. hardy too.

butterflies, you can try hunting for the red sea pearlscale. Chaetodon paucifasciatus. Reborn is bringing them in in their next redsea shipment. pretty and hardy.

for wrasses, there are many choices. used to be my favourite group and keep all of them before already. uncommon but cheap ones you can try mccosker's flasher wrasse, cebu pylei wrasse?

if money is not an issue, try rhomboid wrasse, lineatus and laboutei. these 3 are exceptionally beautiful and are seasonal fishes. appearing very infrequently during certain shipments.

if you're after uncommon fishes, forget about coral beauty, six line, maroon clown, firefish etc.

go for either uncommonly kept ones, or try hunting common fishes with different colour variants. like deepwater coral beauty, orange coloured lemonpeel, etc