overstock

lcf425

• SRC Member

I nv take note but I keep adding n adding angels. So BEAUTIFUL, can't stop. LOL.

Agree... I kinda a bit poison by angel too.Really live up the their name.

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

Bro if u really wanna go for Angel ( large species )

either u have big tank or just keep 1-2 of ur fav. that all cause in their nature they tends to fight agaist each other, even same species.

If u're lucky enough they'll live like happy family (which is very difficult)

By the way how's the goby i pass u yes??

• SRC Member

Bro if u really wanna go for Angel ( large species )

either u have big tank or just keep 1-2 of ur fav. that all cause in their nature they tends to fight agaist each other, even same species.

If u're lucky enough they'll live like happy family (which is very difficult)

By the way how's the goby i pass u yes??

Icic. But which r the angel that I can still have? Currently have a blueface Liao.

Ok lo the goby. Swimming happily but this morning check gone! Think he went into hiding ba lol coz my rock most very big. The scaping ma jiam avatar lol...

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

sorry to hijack thread bro, just wana check if my tank is considered over populated?

i have a 442, can consider fowlr, got some mushies but thats abt it....

1 juv emperor 3"

1 juv blu face 4"

1 hawaian yt 5"

1 pbt 5"

1 unicorn tang 4"

1 sailfin tang 5"

2 brown tang 4"

1 coral beauty

1 shortnose hawk fish

1 percula clown

1 hogfish

1 damsel

1 8line wrasse

1 trigger 1"

2 eibii pygmy

1 bicolor pygmy

all fishes are doing well... eating alot... not fighting or anything. only the clown sometimes must target feed as the rest always chiong for food...

• SRC Member

Icic. But which r the angel that I can still have? Currently have a blueface Liao.

Ok lo the goby. Swimming happily but this morning check gone! Think he went into hiding ba lol coz my rock most very big. The scaping ma jiam avatar lol...

I looking for blueface, last fish to add to my tank but these few wks can't find at LFS. Sad.

• SRC Member

Henry still have one blueface. Maybe you can drop him a call.

Ya I saw too. With spot on back. About 4'' fish...

• SRC Member

Henry still have one blueface. Maybe you can drop him a call.

Ya I saw too. With spot on back. About 4'' fish...

Thanks bro, will try to fly down to get it. lol. Saw 2 at another LFS but looks very unstable, dun dare to buy.

• Senior Reefer

sorry to hijack thread bro, just wana check if my tank is considered over populated?

i have a 442, can consider fowlr, got some mushies but thats abt it....

1 juv emperor 3"

1 juv blu face 4"

1 hawaian yt 5"

1 pbt 5"

1 unicorn tang 4"

1 sailfin tang 5"

2 brown tang 4"

1 coral beauty

1 shortnose hawk fish

1 percula clown

1 hogfish

1 damsel

1 8line wrasse

1 trigger 1"

2 eibii pygmy

1 bicolor pygmy

all fishes are doing well... eating alot... not fighting or anything. only the clown sometimes must target feed as the rest always chiong for food...

442 or 422??

if 442 it's fine. 422 then abit overstocked. but i won't worry if your fish aren't fighting. if it looks good and don't fight then i say carry on! if you follow the literature text given by most american reefkeepers (the pioneers), then many many MANY or rather almost all of us will be guilty of overstocking. the americans keep it very light and don't keep as many fishes as we do.

but we can deviate from this rule provided our livestocks are healthy :)

• SRC Member

Thanks bro, will try to fly down to get it. lol. Saw 2 at another LFS but looks very unstable, dun dare to buy.

Not stable??? Then dun risk better. Henry wan always stable n eating so dun need worry...

Good luck n hopefully your blue face still there. M going down to get some Henry's food haha

AnyOne got percula clown ~~~ cause I wanna buy lol

hmmm thought you getting rid of fishes because of stocking level.

I have not been following your thread. Anyway I trust that you have listening to the advices given by the bros here and that you are doing the right thing.

CF has a constant supply of true percs - a lot of small size ones.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

hmmm thought you getting rid of fishes because of stocking level.

I have not been following your thread. Anyway I trust that you have listening to the advices given by the bros here and that you are doing the right thing.

CF has a constant supply of true percs - a lot of small size ones.

I got a big and small tank ... Yupp am clearing stock from the small tank ^^... Cousin saw my clownfish so wanna buy too haha became they finding agent haha ...erm where is this cf place ??

I got a big and small tank ... Yupp am clearing stock from the small tank ^^... Cousin saw my clownfish so wanna buy too haha became they finding agent haha ...erm where is this cf place ??

Ya, Coral Farm got constant supply on nice percula clown...

Coralfarm Aquaristic Pte Ltd

60 Lim Chu Kang Lane 6F

Lim Chu Kang, Singapore 71, Singapore

Tel : 6332 2928

Map can find below :

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=112917874651802001146.0004462b667fa656671fe&ll=1.362863,103.916931&spn=0.516896,0.617981&z=11

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• SRC Member

Ya, Coral Farm got constant supply on nice percula clown...

Coralfarm Aquaristic Pte Ltd

60 Lim Chu Kang Lane 6F

Lim Chu Kang, Singapore 71, Singapore

Tel : 6332 2928

Map can find below :

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&ie=UTF8&msa=0&msid=112917874651802001146.0004462b667fa656671fe&ll=1.362863,103.916931&spn=0.516896,0.617981&z=11

Hmm... Expensive fishes they sell. But 1 thing their variaties really alot.

Simi ma wu...

• SRC Member

But their percula clownfish is cheaper then alot of places ^^only thing no car vvvv difficult to get there =[

True... Place where no bird will lay eggs... Lol

btw how do we define overstocked? How we know?

Somemore if fishes eating n staying healthy...

• SRC Member

if you are cramped into a small 10ft square room with 20 healthy people and are asked to live there from now on with food supply to you... would you like that??dry.gif

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• SRC Member

we deviate from allot of rules lemon. LOL as long as all seems well and alive and healthy!.. deviate deviate! :P

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• Senior Reefer

we deviate from allot of rules lemon. LOL as long as all seems well and alive and healthy!.. deviate deviate! :P

of course don't over do it. if you squeeze 100 fish into a 3ft tank but all are feeding and healthy is still considered overstock.

i mean like if you are technically overstocking by let's say a little. maybe 1 or 3 fish, just close 1 eye bah.

freshly hatched brine shrimp have a very high nutrient yolk sac attached to them in which they gain nutrients from. after 48 hours, the yolk sac will be depleted and the shrimp will have not much nutritional benefits.

thus, the earlier you feed the brine shrimp upon hatching the bettter.

Yes... But there is also some con's about using BBS...Hydra existed... I can't find the info from my old magazine.. but tried to search some articles from webs... pls find below:

http://www.aquarticles.com/articles/saltwater/Hellweg_Rough_Ride.html

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100109104245AAVP8mS

So, for those applying BBS for fry feeding take note.. risk exist... And I verified.. it is true.. most BBS from LFS.. contain Hydra... :poster_oops: Sorry..... you might not able to spot them from BBS by naked eye... need high power scope....

This is how Hydra looks....

post-9248-12755805713737_thumb.jpg

Cheers and Happy Reefing...

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• SRC Member

is my tank overstock? my tank is 4 by 2.5 by 2....

here is e list of the fishes:

bluering angel

majestic angel

blueface angel

asfur angel

earspot angel

townsend angel

french angel

rock beauty angel

regal angel x2

coral beauty angel x2

spotted tang

naso tang

blue tang

nigger trigger

blue sided wrasse

solar wrasse

rainbow wrasse

whip fin wrasse

temmicky wrasse

yellow hog fish

green mandarin

algae blenny

spotted cardinal x10

normal clown x12

naked clown

black clown x2

total = 51 fishes

hmmm.............

If you ask me, i would say no as my one even more. I have 50 liter tank with over 30 fishes, water change 20%/week. However, this is a real problem:

1. you cannot add any new fish in; resident fishes will fight new comer to die.

2. Time by time, it is peaceful when they are small, but change to aggressive when they are big.

3. Most attack happens when you feed them, small one get damage,