Miss Singapore Universe 2010 finalists

MOssrope

• SRC Member

hmm, after BOOMZ all the pretty girls scare to join the compy liao? :argue:

is not really on the pretty girls scared to join... she made the more delusional ones more brave.

:agreed:

All of you damn harsh la, IMO at least 50% of them are pleasant looking and the rest are either average looking or have more exotic features. Quite representative of the population as a whole cos let's face it - we are not a nation of super models. The photography hasn't done anything to help also hahaha.

Stay classy, reefers ;)

put it this way... someone who drinks and eat all day with massive BMI is gonna represent singapore for 100m sprinters... WHY!

thats cause 3/4 of the population just signed up for binosage's special olympics.

many people cant run but they still think they can run.

today's key word - DELUSIONAL

Brown SPS > Kinder Surprise

White SPS = Kinder Surprise after expiry date

Assumption killed the dinosaurs, they didnt have test kits.

• SRC Member

put it this way... someone who drinks and eat all day with massive BMI is gonna represent singapore for 100m sprinters... WHY!

thats cause 3/4 of the population just signed up for binosage's special olympics.

many people cant run but they still think they can run.

Lol, got lost in your analogy, how come out of nowhere 3 million people join MY special olympics? I'm a very easy going person and I don't mind if you call me retarded -- don't need to be passive aggressive about it.

Yes, it is a beauty pageant and it is not unfair to judge them based on their looks. My previous comment was just a reminder to stay classy and not to devolve to the level of other message boards where armchair critics spout shallow comments just because they can ;)

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

A few of them are quite pretty actually. I think it's the horrified make-up and lousy photo shots. Maybe this year the organiser scared liao and paid too much attention on brains??? Well, or perhaps we either don't have many gals that have both looks and brains here, or many quality ones just shun such events.

• Senior Reefer

Ris low's hideousness and low IQ probably increased the viewer ship for universe pageants. now they're over-doing it by making every one of the participants as ugly and with the IQ (or lack thereof) of ris low's

she really gave poly students a bad name and representing polytechnic students island wide with good general knowledge and proper english, i can't stand for this! :angry::angry2:

LOL DESI. THE FORUM YOU POSTED IS HILARIOUS! THE COMMENTS!!

THIS 1 MY FAV "Are u sure it's not Miss Geylang 2010?"

and the acid burn victim ROFL

serious lol. and since we're on the topic of failure, what's up with the Youth olympic games song. i think its really cheesy.

anyway desi here's something from hardwarezone which i find absolutely ridiculous

post-15755-12748756691251_thumb.jpg

• SRC Member

Ris low's hideousness and low IQ probably increased the viewer ship for universe pageants. now they're over-doing it by making every one of the participants as ugly and with the IQ (or lack thereof) of ris low's

she really gave poly students a bad name and representing polytechnic students island wide with good general knowledge and proper english, i can't stand for this! :angry::angry2:

LOL DESI. THE FORUM YOU POSTED IS HILARIOUS! THE COMMENTS!!

THIS 1 MY FAV "Are u sure it's not Miss Geylang 2010?"

and the acid burn victim ROFL

serious lol. and since we're on the topic of failure, what's up with the Youth olympic games song. i think its really cheesy.

anyway desi here's something from hardwarezone which i find absolutely ridiculous

do u realise the 2nd photo from desi's link

first girl from the right,

look like one of the owner of our LFS? :whistle

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

• SRC Member

do u realise the 2nd photo from desi's link

first girl from the right,

look like one of the owner of our LFS? :whistle

LOL! :agreed:

4th from the right same row is quite okay what, why crossed out? I actually thought she has the most character out of the lot. From the ones that are not crossed out, you can more or less tell what's the public's opinion of beauty liao, cookie cutter syts haha.

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• Senior Reefer

LOL! :agreed:

4th from the right same row is quite okay what, why crossed out? I actually thought she has the most character out of the lot. From the ones that are not crossed out, you can more or less tell what's the public's opinion of beauty liao, cookie cutter syts haha.

i dunno. the picture was already crossed out. i just found the crossing out super funny hahaha

• SRC Member

Lol, got lost in your analogy, how come out of nowhere 3 million people join MY special olympics? I'm a very easy going person and I don't mind if you call me retarded -- don't need to be passive aggressive about it.

Yes, it is a beauty pageant and it is not unfair to judge them based on their looks. My previous comment was just a reminder to stay classy and not to devolve to the level of other message boards where armchair critics spout shallow comments just because they can ;)

got lost in yours too.

no way anybody will call u retarded... your the next confucius to be

hope you didnt get my idea wrong ><

last year's case study was a good analogy between good judges and bad judges. (never go through SAF 3289572 questionaire survey to qualify)

this year can be a same senario as last.

you know after watching those taiwan host shows where they change village girls into pleasant looking model lookalikes.

i got very frightened

• SRC Member

hope you didnt get my idea wrong ><

Bro, paiseh... misread the tone of your reply, thought it was a hidden insult. I prefer people to openly insult me... like Ray! :wub: HAHAHA

Actually back to the topic, Miss Singapore Universe is different from Miss Singapore World. This one a bit more atas, the franchise is owned by Donald Trump.

Miss Singapore World is like the retarded cousin of Miss Universe, in a previous life I used to work for a beauty pageant organiser... I'll just say that I wouldn't be surprised if the dodgy practices (how they determine the winners) alleged by the media last year were true :fear:

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

Bro, paiseh... misread the tone of your reply, thought it was a hidden insult. I prefer people to openly insult me... like Ray! :wub: HAHAHA

Actually back to the topic, Miss Singapore Universe is different from Miss Singapore World. This one a bit more atas, the franchise is owned by Donald Trump.

Miss Singapore World is like the retarded cousin of Miss Universe, in a previous life I used to work for a beauty pageant organiser... I'll just say that I wouldn't be surprised if the dodgy practices (how they determine the winners) alleged by the media last year were true :fear:

your in trouble.. you have another PM spammer inc.

and on this topic.. if i am a Miss Singapore judge.

i will make my 1st rule to the contest which is the most important one.

--- Contestants are forfeited if they blog...

settles everything imo

• SRC Member

Actually the strict rule to be enforced is that they shut up and not pretend that it is anything else other than an eye candy contest. No need to act smart and talk about world peace. That said, I feel bad for the girls who get whacked like that. They have friends, families and more importantly, feelings.

Hate the game, not the player :cheers:

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

Actually the strict rule to be enforced is that they shut up and not pretend that it is anything else other than an eye candy contest. No need to act smart and talk about world peace. That said, I feel bad for the girls who get whacked like that. They have friends, families and more importantly, feelings.

Hate the game, not the player :cheers:

i really would say world peace and its from my heart. ><

I just had a first look at the pics.... wow.. some of the shots really bad......

1st thought that come to my mind => could the photographer/ publisher be biased?

Some of the contestants look quite ok but there are a few others that are rather shockingly "disturbing".

Could they have deliberately chosen some of these photos to favor the other contestants?

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

Well, in today's world, almost anything can be fixed... no surprise here.

Is this still a beauty contest...? Not that Singapore has a lack of beautiful women, heck, there are plenty out in the streets! I think its more of a bravery contest on who has the courage to stand up and face all that criticism.

• SRC Member

only read this now... too much mojito and mussels last night... and the fact forumn was down..

I don't know what the judges are doing that's all.. and leslie is right.. the New face New paper contest attracts FAR BETTER looking ( in terms of IQ I don't know) girls than this..... SAD.. VERY SAD.

thumbdown.gif

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member

Brussel Sprouts @ Robertson Quay! 2 pots of appetiser size mussels or clams for $25 or 2 main course serving pots of mussels or clams for $50!!! I LIKEY

http://www.brusselssprouts.com.sg/downloads/mussel%20madness.jpg

hee hee I know the above is offtopic.gif but since comy asked.. I shall provide... lol

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...