Rics

lcf425

you can google florida ricordeas (rics)

average about $30 per pc.

hmmm not very expensive if you compare that to a $80 yuma.

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

lol ... feel so busted.... but still you will find it if you google it :P

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

lcf425, this is a good article on the genus Ricordea, which includes detailed information on the two species. R. florida and R.yuma.

waaa need to cut the thing to glue on the rock?? but still dun understand why its so expensive=.=

• Senior Reefer

waaa need to cut the thing to glue on the rock?? but still dun understand why its so expensive=.=

ricordea florida usually come attached to small stones or unattached. to frag it, just cut it in half and let it heal. you may need to glue it on the rock after it heals, or let it naturally attach itself (which may take quite long).

if not fragging, just stick the small stone to wherever you wanna place it.

they are expensive because they come from carribean =.=

• Senior Reefer

bro u mean without 2 heads from a pc, yet we all can cut it into 2pcs and frag it???

if 1 ricordea (yuma or florida) has only one mouth, cut through the middle of the mouth and both halves will heal into a full ricordea.

in the event you miss the middle of the mouth, and end up with a full mouth on one frag and the other frag without a mouth, the other frag will/might heal and grow a new mouth (as what terryz has mentioned)

• SRC Member

if 1 ricordea (yuma or florida) has only one mouth, cut through the middle of the mouth and both halves will heal into a full ricordea.

in the event you miss the middle of the mouth, and end up with a full mouth on one frag and the other frag without a mouth, the other frag will/might heal and grow a new mouth (as what terryz has mentioned)

erm then how does a yuma differ from a mushroom they look alike -.- please advice ^^

• SRC Member

erm then how does a yuma differ from a mushroom they look alike -.- please advice ^^

Ricordea Yuma (Yumas):

zjnCa.jpg

Ricordea Florida (Rics):

JOVLC.jpg

Mushroom:

fZa77.png

Ok just kidding...

Corallimorphs (Mushrooms):

JYp3g.jpg

Can see the difference? Prices vary according to market demand, availability, colours and where they originate from.

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

How to ID...

Ricordea Yuma: Many many small "bubbles" or "tentacles" all over, including tiny bumps around the mouth.

Ricordea Florida: Many many small "bubbles" or "tentacles" all over, but none around the mouth.

Mushroom: Depending on which species, can be virtually smooth or have bumps and ridges.

See pics above for reference, this is just my own layman's understanding. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• Senior Reefer

yumas have irregularly shapes bubbles and bumps. giving it a rough, warty lookign surface.

rics have smooth round and somewhat similar shaped bumps. the bubbles and bumps are very tightly spaced giving it a very "bunch of grapes" look.

also, rics never appear in any other shipment except carribean.

• SRC Member

yumas have irregularly shapes bubbles and bumps. giving it a rough, warty lookign surface.

rics have smooth round and somewhat similar shaped bumps. the bubbles and bumps are very tightly spaced giving it a very "bunch of grapes" look.

also, rics never appear in any other shipment except carribean.

meaning to say if i have a mushroom with alot of bumps and rough looks its a yumas??? cause i bought one at 5bucks with alot on it so kinda thinking it cant be a yumas since its suspose to be that expensive =.=

• SRC Member

There are cheap yumas too, quite common with indo shipments. As I said, prices depend on a lot of factors, mainly colour and demand. $5 for a rock of yuma is not unusual.

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

There are cheap yumas too, quite common with indo shipments. As I said, prices depend on a lot of factors, mainly colour and demand. $5 for a rock of yuma is not unusual.

erm then how to know its a expensive and cheap yuma???

• SRC Member

erm then how to know its a expensive and cheap yuma???

Depends on how much you pay for it. A lot of money = expensive. Less money = cheap.

What kind of question is this??? :chair:

Edit: Sorry if my tone sounds harsh, but seriously the value of your corals is determined by how much you like it. How much you pay at the shop is another matter.

My 1.5ft nano cube

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

Depends on how much you pay for it. A lot of money = expensive. Less money = cheap.

What kind of question is this??? :chair:

Edit: Sorry if my tone sounds harsh, but seriously the value of your corals is determined by how much you like it. How much you pay at the shop is another matter.

oh i thought like there is a grade for yumas therefore saying expensive or cheap yumas lo