Cabinet Ventilation Fan

• SRC Member

Actually if u notice most people dun keep their chiller in the cabinet as it really gonna heat up the atmosphere in there.

If really wanna keep in cabinet I feel that u will need a big cabinet coz wat I saw is they actually partition the part where u place your chiller away from the sump tank.

Meaning the heatshield the chiller compartment. Heat unable to escape to the sump compartment. Then ventilation hole is also required for the hot air inside to escape if u intend to use a fan else LPPL

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

• SRC Member

Better to leave the chiller in the open for efficiency wise. You do not want your chiller to re-use the hot air and in the long run the chiller might broke down. Inefficiency will keep the chiller running longer and use more electricity.

• SRC Member

Hi Jacky and kksg2000 and anyone who can advise me.,

Saw this thread and found that both of you had chiller in cabinet. Mine too.

Just want to check which fan are you using? AC or DC fan? Size of fan?

Reason is i am planning for 1 too as can't kept my cabinet door open for too long (had a 2yr kid at home)

In addition, what temperature to set for the chiller?

Previous owner set at 26.5deg and it kick in at around 27deg(i think).. Its a Arctica 1/5HP chiller.

Thanks for any help.

i have a chiller running inside the cabinet. so far no issue, both safety and $$$. can come to my place to take a look how i mounted the fan and position my chiller. I have extra fan brand new with me. If you want, can take it for free.

• SRC Member

i have a chiller running inside the cabinet. so far no issue, both safety and $$$. can come to my place to take a look how i mounted the fan and position my chiller. I have extra fan brand new with me. If you want, can take it for free.

So nice of you... Bro, where do you stay?

Need to plan my trip over..

Killerwhale: could you load some pics? thks!

• SRC Member

Better to leave the chiller in the open for efficiency wise. You do not want your chiller to re-use the hot air and in the long run the chiller might broke down. Inefficiency will keep the chiller running longer and use more electricity.

true... Leave it out of cabinet save all your problems n hassle...

(but of coz I know it does makes a diff in tidyness)

Some1 doesn't 1 2 do anything find an excuse,some1 1 2 do something find a mean!

• SRC Member

another alternative solution is to get the exhaust duct (go check on those portable air con unit for household) and then DIY it to the chiller exhaust. pull it to the window with cooling fan blowing out the exhaust air. This should work too. Got this idea only recently when I saw this portable air con unit at NTUC. the exhaust duct should be able to get it from hardware shop.

for sharing only.

• SRC Member

for those keen on trying out ventilation fans can go to kelantan lane. i got mine from this shop call

sam huat & co

block 31, kelantan lane, #01-32

they specialized in commercial ventilation fans of all sizes. i feel its more economical and long lasting as its for commercial usage.

HTH

• 8 months later...

Can try Scythe or Coolermaster high-end PC fan for gamers or any other gaming fans can easily beat any fans marketed for aquarium, Usually cost 3 red notes and less with more CFM, durable and silent, 120mm-140mm size. Currently trying out on CRS tank setup.