Half feet cutsey cube...

desideria

• SRC Member

I was at Reborn today getting stuff during lunch time and I saw THIS at their counter .. a small half feet cube with a teeny tiny overflow and a small Dymax LED light!

post-12571-1275896852676_thumb.jpgpost-12571-12758968654799_thumb.jpg

It even has a harlequin shrimp in it! According to Elvin, he had put a pair in there but someone bought it so he put in a single shrimp.

post-12571-12758968772307_thumb.jpg

There's just some zoos, 2 Rics ( 1 seems rather bleeched), a single clown and a shrimp in there..

There is not much filter media per se but some coral chips and a sponge.. that's about it.

It's been like this the past 2 weeks.. just top up with DI water. THE LED isn't powerful enough which is why the zoos aren't doing that well but I guess with this little pico.. can't expect the world...

pics taken with iphone so not very clear.. apologies.pinch.gif

I am so tempted to buy this for my office.. but then again..... should I.... tongue.gif what do you guys think? smile.gif

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Supporter

I was at Reborn today getting stuff during lunch time and I saw THIS at their counter .. a small half feet cube with a teeny tiny overflow and a small Dymax LED light!

post-12571-1275896852676_thumb.jpgpost-12571-12758968654799_thumb.jpg

It even has a harlequin shrimp in it! According to Elvin, he had put a pair in there but someone bought it so he put in a single shrimp.

post-12571-12758968772307_thumb.jpg

There's just some zoos, 2 Rics ( 1 seems rather bleeched), a single clown and a shrimp in there..

There is not much filter media per se but some coral chips and a sponge.. that's about it.

It's been like this the past 2 weeks.. just top up with DI water. THE LED isn't powerful enough which is why the zoos aren't doing that well but I guess with this little pico.. can't expect the world...

pics taken with iphone so not very clear.. apologies.pinch.gif

I am so tempted to buy this for my office.. but then again..... should I.... tongue.gif what do you guys think? smile.gif

Thats the IQ3 from Dymax. :) Yes, and I am having this in my office as a pico... just with some zoas, GSP, White Pipe Organ, 2 x mushrooms, and 2 x Sexy Shrimps.

Poison u... hahaha... u can always frag some frags from your home main tank and put inside the pico... just note that I add on my Blue LED, with the Dymax Robot LED. Also, the dymax pump has burnt after 1 week (24hr and mine is 2nd hand) usage... so better get a tunze mini pump ($19 only) as a back up. Oh, of course not to forget to get a timer and fan to blow when the office air-con is off... weekly WC, and lastly any approval from your boss.

:cheers:

• SRC Supporter

I'm not gonna ask my boss whether I can keep a fish tank in the office...

Can always be interpreted as too much free time on my hands :eyeblur:

LOl.. u r right. Tats y i didn't even bother to ask, just hide it in a corner for me to see.... hidden with files, stack trays, etc... :lol: unless he makes noise, but then it's already been almost a year liao. Better not push my luck for a bigger tank!!!!!

• SRC Member

Yay! I think we should start a little club for IQ3 owners. :cheers:

Did you see Jacky's demo on the Dymax LEDs (normal white and marine) on friday night? I'm loving it.

whahaha can i join?i also got IQ3 but mine freshwater leh.

Too many hobby......too little money!

I am tempted to start one too .... wahahaha .....

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!

• SRC Member

:blush: I got one for my eldest from Aquarama last yr. One live rock, one bumblebee snail, one maroon clown. We hardly turn on the lights. He's in-charge of feeding the clown fish, and topping up water.

This tank is the easiet one to maintain. :peace:

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• SRC Member

I very tempted leh.... I had a friend @ work who kept a fresh water one too... she hardly even clean it!!! LOL .... put in some sexy shrimp, 2 little clowns... maybe 1 or 2 rics.. hhmm .. lol

thumbsup.gif

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member

Not trying to set a bad example, I haven't change water for months and we never had to clean the tank. :chair:

Guess not turning on the lights and feeding once a day help keep the algae away.

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

I very tempted leh.... I had a friend @ work who kept a fresh water one too... she hardly even clean it!!! LOL .... put in some sexy shrimp, 2 little clowns... maybe 1 or 2 rics.. hhmm .. lol

thumbsup.gif

i think can start an office IQ3 grp liao....

Eqpt: Deltec MCE 600, Tunze 6055 with Tunze 7091 controller, Artica 1/15 HP chiller, AquaIllumination Sol Blue LED Light System

2011 resolution : Do it simpler, better and in an easier way!