My Weipro skimmer is not foaming well

giantbicycle

• SRC Member

mine 2011 also not performing.. maybe i using 2200l/hr pump, over-rated for it as some bros say.. everytime top up water den water level fall, den produce only fine bubbles, i wonder if it's the water too clean after i top up water so it become fine bubbles.. headache.. :erm: btw, who want to exc their 1200l/hr pump with my 2200l/hr pump can PM me.

Everything's sold. Back in 2yrs time.

ga051025.gif

If it's a WRX, it gotta be STI.

av-24.gif

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm using Weipro 2013 and PH w/ 2300l/h (not sure brand).

1st 3 weeks was skimming black kopi-o and suddenly stopped, only produced fine bubbles :huh: .

After 4 days, decided to clean the PH. Still no skimmate :( .

Checked web site and fixed whatever I can fix, i.e. re-secured the PH - PS connection, etc. Still no skimmate. :cry:

6th day, went to PR and was told it could be due to not enough things to skim. To confirm, he suggested to put Tetra AquaSafe to remove all unwanted things from water (give something to skim). Decided to do it with 10kg of liverock instead :whistle .

7th day got kopi-o (not as black as before).. :D

Just my experience.

hi guys,

I have a weipro 2011 skimmer for the last 6 mths.

It never gave me black kopi-o...

I want to do something abt it.

Currently, my skimmer is pumped by AT104 pump rating is 1800l/h but i kind of doubt it's capability. My skimmer isn't producing much foam and as a result, there's little or no skimmate @ all. I've tried adjusting water flow rate but still can't get good skimmate.

Either too diluted or no foam...

I was thinking shd i get a higher rated pump like reefer rxy did.

will tat help or are there any other possible problem?

Thks...

mine is 2000l/h only 200l/h more tha you. yyou should be able to gety good skimmate as the reccomended flowrate by weipro is 1200l/h

Does the placement of the skimmer affect its performance?

ie. Does hang-on tank skimmer requires a higher rating pump to supply the required pressure as compared to one tat's placed in the sump assuming they are the same model?

Hi,

Can you check for me on your weirpro skimmer box..model

2011......for how many litres tank?

2012.......?? litres tank

2013......?? litres tank

2014.......?? litres tank

I have a four feet tank but don't know which one is the best and economical to use.

2013 should be enough for a 4 feet :D

Thanks giantbicycle for the reply.

Just wondering...

Is it possible for the weipro "bubbling column chamber" to be situated hanging INSIDE the tank rather than outside? I don't think I have enough space at the back of my 4 feet.

I used air driven skimmer before and they were located inside the tank. Do any of you weipro users think hanging the skimmer inside the tank will work?

My tank cover doesn't allow for anything to be hanged from the sides. Can only be hanged from the back but i think not enough space if hanged outside at the back.

Guess you're right may look ugly but maybe can cover partly behind some rocks of something....hmm...

but you think theoretically possible? Will the chamber have a floating upward push if immersed in water?

hang inside?????? that means you need to do some extra piping... to allocate the water from the return tube into the tank... and it will looks ugly... ;) ..try moving your tank out a little..i know its heavy but no choice... thats what i did to my 3 feet tank.. :D

• SRC Member

hey giantbicycle, where did u buy your weipro PH from ?

is a weipro 3000 ok for a 2011 ? is it over kill ?

SBS_Transit

• 1 month later...

hi bros, i'm using a weipro 2014 with an eheim 1262. my problem is that even if i open the valve to full, the foam rushes up and fill the cup with water. the only way i can reduce it is to control the air intake.

anyone know why this is happening? i see bros using overpowered ph but dun have this problem.

also my skimmer is new so is that why? will the water level go down when its seasoned?

thanks

Bro,

suspect ur 1262 is way too strong for the skimmer... as the pump is rated about 3400L/hr I tink your skimmer cant handle the water pressure....

you can :

1) try to use air pump to pump air into the air-intake tube

2) use a valve to cut down pressure of the water entering the skimmer ( detrimental to the pump in the long term )

3) cut holes in the rubber tube connecting the pump to the skimmer to release the pressure.

4) use a smaller pump.... can swap my 1260 with u if you wan... kekeke....

Juz my 2 cts...

Vincent Ho

People do not plan to fail; Often they just fail to plan...

Wat I do to prevent myself from tearing my hair out... My stress remedy...

post-34-1105890976.jpg

• SRC Member
damm funny leh, the lfs recommend me the weipro 5000 pump. rated 3200l/h, then my 1262 rated about 3400l/h, cia lat.

2500l/h pump on their weipro 2012.

sigh, looks like i'll have to get another pump.

im running 1260 on a 2012 and it is still too strong. had to put in a valve to reduce the flow rate. 2012 should be using a 1500l/h pump but from my testing, can go up to 1800l/h max, assuming min head loss.

• SRC Member

I experimented over the weekend to use a 1260 to drive a 2014 skimmer. Pump next to skimmer, too powerful and cannot manage the flow.

Changed to a China-brand pump at stated 2800l/hr (believe real output much less than stated rate (ard 2000l/hr ?). Cheap pump (ard $20) with me 2 years already. Works fine with skimmer output adjust knob set to mid-point.

Find it really a waste to use 1260 and tee-off to drive a skimmer.