turkey baster

• SRC Member

because i read somewhere in this forum sgreef, mentioned by bros, in the long term, it will contaminate the water... something like this... by the way i got mine for about $35 after discount.

???? what would contaminate the water? you're not even sure yourself??

well, it really is your choice on the equipments you use but why are you in such a hurry to buy the turkey baster?

A man with a reef tank is a man with an empty wallet...

• SRC Member

i tot u done your thorough field trips?...AM's 3ft RSM tank @ $1400 plus comes with chiller, skimmer, additives...etc...wat...

skimmer, additives and other accessories is bundle with the RSM system... i asked victor and he did not tell me $1400 comes with chiller. anyway i got my RSM with chiller too.. exceed my budget because i did some upgrade... etc vortec MP10.. and this and that...

• SRC Member

???? what would contaminate the water? you're not even sure yourself??

well, it really is your choice on the equipments you use but why are you in such a hurry to buy the turkey baster?

bros, i want to get the things ready... cos next month i am on project onward.... very busy ...no time to visit LFS...

• SRC Member

bros, i want to get the things ready... cos next month i am on project onward.... very busy ...no time to visit LFS...

icc.. all the best for you dude.. glad that you are planning ahead..

but seriously.. what would contaminate the water?? think it will be good for you to share with the bros here... who knows i may have recommended something bad to everyone!

• SRC Member

all the best...only comment left is, u can save a lot of $$$ if u were to try the suggestions by reefers here who have done it here...it is not an expensive hobby as some of the things can be DIY...b4 u hurried to get those stuffs from lfs...

l7304smr.jpg

• SRC Member

I suggest using the same method as raydiative shows..

http://www.sgreefclu...showtopic=89518

But dun do it quite often.. will contaminate yr water quality easily..

because i read somewhere in this forum sgreef, mentioned by bros, in the long term, it will contaminate the water... something like this...

but seriously.. what would contaminate the water??

:chair: :chair: :chair: (one for each of you haha)

CFOh said "dun do it quite often", I think he means don't target feed like that too often(?)!!!! I don't see why a syringe will contaminate the water.

My 1.5ft nano cube

My 24G nano tank (Decommed)

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate.

And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.

-- Jack Handey

• SRC Member

chair.gifchair.gifchair.gif (one for each of you haha)

CFOh said "dun do it quite often", I think he means don't target feed like that too often(?)!!!! I don't see why a syringe will contaminate the water.

OH!!!! now i see... LOL...

i was thinking why would a syringe and balloon stick contaminate the water!!??

• SRC Member

icc.. all the best for you dude.. glad that you are planning ahead..

but seriously.. what would contaminate the water?? think it will be good for you to share with the bros here... who knows i may have recommended something bad to everyone!

contaminate the water - should be what and how much you blast on the corals, not the blaster :eyebrow:

25 Gal Micro Ocean

because i read somewhere in this forum sgreef, mentioned by bros, in the long term, it will contaminate the water... something like this... by the way i got mine for about $35 after discount.

:chair: :chair: :chair: (one for each of you haha)

OH!!!! now i see... LOL...

i was thinking why would a syringe and balloon stick contaminate the water!!??

Yes bro binosage r right.. :ThanxSmiley::thumbsup: not only contaminate water but also causing stress to coral in long run... fishes attack!! shrimps attack!!! Even if you look closely.. pods also join the fun..... :)

Cheers...

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• SRC Member

ic... i misinterpreted... but nvm lah.. the turkey baster is a good piece of equipment anyway...

bro, since you bit the bullet (hehe), just be ready for the clogging depending on what you're feeding. as mentioned earlier i had to increase the tip hole size so mysis and brine or diy food can go through without clogging. oh yeah, and sand too as you were intending :heh:

25 Gal Micro Ocean

• SRC Member

bro, since you bit the bullet (hehe), just be ready for the clogging depending on what you're feeding. as mentioned earlier i had to increase the tip hole size so mysis and brine or diy food can go through without clogging. oh yeah, and sand too as you were intending :heh:

i think i will be feeding liquid supplements using the turkey baster.. if there's a need to feed meaty foods i will use the prong at the tip to feed loh... do not understand the clogging issues you had... anyway tks bro.

• SRC Member

i think i will be feeding liquid supplements using the turkey baster.. if there's a need to feed meaty foods i will use the prong at the tip to feed loh... do not understand the clogging issues you had... anyway tks bro.

Just wondering, have you read the instructions on how to use these liquid supplements you're talking about?

Bro kks. Do u need a spare sea squirt? I have 1 that I'm not using anymore as I found a cheaper alternative using Ray's balloon stick.

But frankly I do not recommend it, but willing buyer/willing seller. $20 only. Nego. too...

decommissioned 2.5x2x2

Videos:

|
|

Your mind is like a parachute. It only works when it is open.

• SRC Member

Just wondering, have you read the instructions on how to use these liquid supplements you're talking about?

No yet but liquid supplements should be in liquid form right? anyway, i will try it out and comment further ..

• SRC Member

No yet but liquid supplements should be in liquid form right? anyway, i will try it out and comment further ..

I asked only coz liquid food/supplements are normally just dosed into the tank in a high flow area for wavemaker to distribute to all areas of the tank.

We normally only squirt more meaty foods (Like Mysis, Henry's etc.) for LPS and NPS corals to target feed them.

• SRC Member

I asked only coz liquid food/supplements are normally just dosed into the tank in a high flow area for wavemaker to distribute to all areas of the tank.

We normally only squirt more meaty foods (Like Mysis, Henry's etc.) for LPS and NPS corals to target feed them.

i see.... still learning .... anyway.. ok lah.. thanks again.

• SRC Member

you don't need any special implement to dose supplements, just throw it in. the instructions will tell you how much, usually in high flow area to let it disperse around the tank, some they will recommend to put in sump instead of directly into the tank.

And by liquid supplements I am assuming you meant liquid Magnesium or carbonate additives etc?

Or are you talking about rotifers and coral food? For food, I just throw in and let the wavemakers do their job.

The only time you need a syringe is for target feeding of mysis/brine/frozen foods to certain corals..

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member

you don't need any special implement to dose supplements, just throw it in. the instructions will tell you how much, usually in high flow area to let it disperse around the tank, some they will recommend to put in sump instead of directly into the tank.

And by liquid supplements I am assuming you meant liquid Magnesium or carbonate additives etc?

Or are you talking about rotifers and coral food? For food, I just throw in and let the wavemakers do their job.

The only time you need a syringe is for target feeding of mysis/brine/frozen foods to certain corals..

Thank bro, for the detailed explaination...i'm getting a better idea now.