INSANE DOLPHIN CRUELTY. viewer discretion

yikai

• Senior Reefer

This sickens me.... there's a million things i would say as pro-animal rights but what's the point. just look for yourselves at what humans are doing.

somewhere in some Denmark, teenagers are killing innocent dolphins by the hundreds. enough to stain the sea a thick red.

why?

to prove their worth as men.

they proved nothing. now the sea is stained red not only by the blood of the poor animals, but by their indefinite mediocrity and to much contrary, eternal failure as men.

Denmark, the country of milkmaids and whatnot, but not the country of dolphins. and certainly the country of #^&@^$ up sick minded morons who apparently enjoy slicing up dolphins with hooks and cleavers.

the good thing is, this practice although very common in the 19th century, has become (to my knowledge), non existant anymore in the current year 2010.

I THINK only... i mean... cruel as it may be, at least it's not happening anymore :)

post-15755-12780860961101_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12780861020477_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1278086108494_thumb.jpg

post-15755-1278086114803_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12780861222085_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12780861283081_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12780861345613_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12780861408358_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12780861498415_thumb.jpg

post-15755-12780861563553_thumb.jpg

• Senior Reefer

i think nowadays it stop already. this was very common in 19th century. very barbaric. i mean if it's still going on now, it would probably be all over the news and all the pro animal rights activists will go bonkers

• SRC Member

so upset.. got the urge to tear.. :cry:

:rip:

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

• SRC Member

Pilot whale lah, not dolphin. They could be doing so because this fish is a food source for them? We cannot judge what food other people in other country eat as it is their custom but we can suggest that they control the number of killing so that the species do not become extinct. A picture paints a thousand words but it will be different story with different people looking at it.

Don't just jump onto the animal rights bandwagon as they are telling a different story every time. We as regular folks do not know what's happening behind the picture, maybe this practise has been going on from a few decade back. Imagine yourself tucking in on a plate of fried chicken wing and some animal rights activist take out their camera and take picture of you eating the chicken wing with the flashes blinding you. They tell you directly in your face that it's wrong to eat the chicken wing. You were hungry before eating the chicken wing and the action of the activist irritate you. What would you do? There's so many of these pictures in the net that these activist took but there are better way to preserve the animal species than this.

• SRC Member

I'm sure many have read the news about this move winning the Oscar award and such. How many have really watched it? If u have not, I'll highly recommend watching it.

http://www.thecovemovie.com/

Dolphins and whales definitely do not like captivity. The recent Seaworld case is yet another reminder.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/feb/24/killer-whale-florida

Capturing them for captivity for $150 000 is one thing. Why did they have to kill the rest that are trapped by them? For their meat? Dolphins meat are proven to be mecury toxic! http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Cove_(film)

Since 2000, Japanese researchers such as Tetsuya Endo, a professor at the Health Sciences University of Hokkaido, have found high concentrations of mercury, which can cause mercury poisoning, in the whale and dolphin meat sold around Japan. In their studies Taiji residents who eat whale/dolphin meat had high levels of mercury in their hair.[37] Whale meat contaminated with mercury is commonly eaten in the town, and residents have been found to have 10 times the level of mercury in their hair when compared to average Japanese citizens. [38] Although the film argued that the Japanese government and media were trying to conceal the facts, in actuality the Japanese Ministry of Health has issued warnings on the consumption of some species of fish, whale and dolphin since 2003.

The reason could well be what was discuss later in the movie about Japanese pride and such against Westerner telling them what to do and not. Pls dun make dolphin suffer for human pride.

http://www.straitstimes.com/BreakingNews/Asia/Story/STIStory_512905.html

Its mind bobbling why the japanese ppl in Taiji are doing to these intelligent animals. More than 20 thousand are killed yearly! I'll assume those Danish will have their reasons to do the same. Question is, should they still carry such practise?

Cheers

JC

• SRC Member

whether it is westerners or easterners, ang mohs, or chinese or japs...white or black, yellow or white..all humans r guilty of inhuman activities against innocent animals and fellow human beings...this world we lived in, is corrupted and evil...even religion cannot help us.... :wacko: (looking at heaven)

l7304smr.jpg

• Senior Reefer

Pilot whale lah, not dolphin. They could be doing so because this fish is a food source for them? We cannot judge what food other people in other country eat as it is their custom but we can suggest that they control the number of killing so that the species do not become extinct. A picture paints a thousand words but it will be different story with different people looking at it.

Don't just jump onto the animal rights bandwagon as they are telling a different story every time. We as regular folks do not know what's happening behind the picture, maybe this practise has been going on from a few decade back. Imagine yourself tucking in on a plate of fried chicken wing and some animal rights activist take out their camera and take picture of you eating the chicken wing with the flashes blinding you. They tell you directly in your face that it's wrong to eat the chicken wing. You were hungry before eating the chicken wing and the action of the activist irritate you. What would you do? There's so many of these pictures in the net that these activist took but there are better way to preserve the animal species than this.

nope. they don't eat them.

traditionally, boats will corner pods of pilot whales that are near shores and bring them to beaches until they are stranded. there, these men will prove their worth by slaying the whales.

i've already said this is going on a few decades back what. 19th century. just showing some pictures so show how cruel this act is in the past.

no need to get so worked up. i'm not an over active animal activist. i love animals but i draw the line at consumption. i don't go vegan and scream everytime i see a chicken wing lol.

even if it's for food consumption for these whales (which is not), there are much more humane ways of doing it than leaving them stranded, slashing them infront of thousands of people. don't you think?

• SRC Member

Nope, not getting worked up, sometimes I see a certain pattern when such pictures appear on various forum. The people who posted such pictures has an agenda on their mind. Mis-information is their weapon. If really these animal activist are concern, they could go about it another way. The pictures would cause anger amongst reader who do not know what's going on behind the scene. Why would the activist go through all the trouble going to other country to impose their standard on others when back home the same thing is happening? Killer whale and dolphin being captured and put on show to entertain human. What normal folks do not know is that after the show, the killer whale and dolphin are suffering due to where they were housed in.

Documentaries are made to show a side of the story, the person/team behind the camera. They made it, profit from it and move on. They left us feeling guilty. That's the purpose. If they really are what they say, they should have some form of discussion with the folks, to have some control of the numbers being killed for food. But they choose to rope in celebrity, who upon seeing such film and not knowing or try to understand the situation, goes head on against the rural folks who also do not understand why these foreigner are hampering their livelihood.

Remember, there are 2 side to a story, similar to a coin. The documentary shows you what they want you to see but not what really needed to be shown. If you really want to care, start at home by not eating shark fin. I would like to see a shark fin free Singapore in the future.

Hope this helps! :peace:

• SRC Member

Nope, not getting worked up, sometimes I see a certain pattern when such pictures appear on various forum. The people who posted such pictures has an agenda on their mind. Mis-information is their weapon. If really these animal activist are concern, they could go about it another way. The pictures would cause anger amongst reader who do not know what's going on behind the scene. Why would the activist go through all the trouble going to other country to impose their standard on others when back home the same thing is happening? Killer whale and dolphin being captured and put on show to entertain human. What normal folks do not know is that after the show, the killer whale and dolphin are suffering due to where they were housed in.

Documentaries are made to show a side of the story, the person/team behind the camera. They made it, profit from it and move on. They left us feeling guilty. That's the purpose. If they really are what they say, they should have some form of discussion with the folks, to have some control of the numbers being killed for food. But they choose to rope in celebrity, who upon seeing such film and not knowing or try to understand the situation, goes head on against the rural folks who also do not understand why these foreigner are hampering their livelihood.

Remember, there are 2 side to a story, similar to a coin. The documentary shows you what they want you to see but not what really needed to be shown. If you really want to care, start at home by not eating shark fin. I would like to see a shark fin free Singapore in the future.

Hope this helps! :peace:

Why shark? Why not cow, lamb, chicken, fish, prawn etc. Are their live less valuable simply because they are not facing extinction or they could be farm bred?

Or just because they go through the so call "proper" death by the so call appropriate slaughtering method, using the best technology to shortage their pain, or prayers that give them direct ticket to heaven? Who are human to judge what is best for them?

Not challenging, just not understanding. Why do people only worry about sharks whenever someone brought up such issues.

PS: I do not really like shark fins :P

Regards,

Billy Cheong

70gal, 250w MH (Reeflux 12000K), Tunze Nano Wavebox 6206, Tunze 6045, Tunze 6025, Teco TW4, Rio HF20, Aquabee 3000L, Rio HF17, SM100 Scrubber box (4x24w T5 2700K)

Fish: Amphiprion ocellaris (Ocellaris Clowns), Nemateleotris magnifica (Firefish), Pterapogon kauderni (Kaudern's Cardinal)

Inverts: Calcinus laevimanus (Hermit Crab), Lysmata amboinensis (Cleaner Shrimp), Sand Dollar

Corals: Capnella (Purple Hairy Finger Leather), Plerogyra sinuosa (Green Bubble Coral), Euphyllia glabrescens (Torch Coral), Dendrophyllia (Supersun Coral), Rhodactis spp. (Hairy Mushroom)

• Senior Reefer

sharks fin actually no taste 1. it's the soup that's nice therefore, the sharkfin is nice lol.

only nice texture only. i like shark fin soup not because of the shark fin but because of the soup. therefore, i only drink those with substitute "dong fen" instead of the real deal. haha

sharks fin actually no taste 1. it's the soup that's nice therefore, the sharkfin is nice lol.

only nice texture only. i like shark fin soup not because of the shark fin but because of the soup. therefore, i only drink those with substitute "dong fen" instead of the real deal. haha

I will eat sharkfin if it is on other people wedding or dinner.. For myself, I wun order sharkfin...

Member of:

post-1182-0-60431600-1322062247_thumb.jp

• SRC Member

Btw, farmed animals have their fair share of cruelty. A certain group went undercover and recored footage that exposes dairy farm workers sadistically abusing cows and young calves. Extract from the website, http://www.mercyforanimals.org

During a four-week investigation between April and May, MFA's investigator documented farm workers:

* Violently punching young calves in the face, body slamming them to the ground, and pulling and throwing them by their ears

* Routinely using pitchforks to stab cows in the face, legs and stomach

* Kicking "downed" cows (those too injured to stand) in the face and neck – abuse carried out and encouraged by the farm's owner

* Maliciously beating restrained cows in the face with crowbars – some attacks involving over 40 blows to the head

* Twisting cows' tails until the bones snapped

* Punching cows' udders

* Bragging about stabbing, dragging, shooting, breaking bones, and beating cows and calves to death

Cheers

JC

• SRC Member

interesting comments everyone!

ok firstly not sure which country is killing which animal/hunted cause there was discussion on whales.. dohplins.. damsels gobies.

hope memory didnt fail me on these

The Japan issue was due to the hunted consuming large amount of fishes within the area and depleting the fisherman's catch during that season. The hunted comes in during a certain time of the year only and the japanese fishermans will attempt to sashimi all of them in order to save their catch.

As for the Denmark issue, it is a culture for boys turning to man. So this "ritual" turn the boys into man after they do so, though i feel it just made them more gay bullying the hunted. Its also a seasonal period that the hunted comes into the area.

Ky verdict: Newspaper before SRC trolling! These were recent news just cant remember if its fully correct.

Karma Police Verdict: Both countries have been knocked out of the world cup :groupwavereversed:

bro BFG made me so hungry by saying KFC and its not gonna be open soon :cry2:

Brown SPS > Kinder Surprise

White SPS = Kinder Surprise after expiry date

Assumption killed the dinosaurs, they didnt have test kits.