New Tank 48" x 30" x 20"

ming69

Hmm... Don't u think a 4ft overflow is a bit too big?

By the time pipings and wavemakers go in, the tank will be a 2ft width rather than a 2.5ft width, if I go with the 2 overflows.

Think the hard part is the scaping to hide the stuff. Saw some really cool scapes they've done at RC with the foam thingy. But they seems to be pretty permanent, so how to remove wavemakers for cleaning, etc...?

Just realised, the euro-bracing might be in the way of getting the wavebox out if I scape around it. Maybe have to go back to the initial design where there's less bracing to deal with. Also, less glass to clean. ;p

At the same time, I can have all the pipings on one side of the sump. Modified Bro Lemon's sump design a bit, made it bigger, thinking of a 4x2, so I fit all the equipment in.

post-5641-051495200 1278810647_thumb.jpg

Hai, Sis.. Congrats..

just happen to read one article from Dr David Ford about new saltwater tank set-ups on Tropical Fish June 2010"

I found below overflow with underflow design recommended may gain more real-estate.. but not sure how reliable on long term leakage... I remember asked a few tank maker previously.. they said safe...

post-9248-093349200 1281539668_thumb.jpg

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

Hai, Sis.. Congrats..

just happen to read one article from Dr David Ford about new saltwater tank set-ups on Tropical Fish June 2010"

I found below overflow with underflow design recommended may gain more real-estate.. but not sure how reliable on long term leakage... I remember asked a few tank maker previously.. they said safe...

post-9248-093349200 1281539668_thumb.jpg

Below shows how water flow with this design.....

post-9248-055233800 1281540170_thumb.jpg

Cheers...

BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• SRC Member

Now 4 Aces completed.. any plan for Princess ? Haha...

No more babies. Made sure of it 2hrs after the delivery. :)

Although the FengShui Master we consulted for his Chinese name said that he should have 5 siblings, I have already cut off that option. :lol:

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• SRC Member

Below shows how water flow with this design.....

post-9248-055233800 1281540170_thumb.jpg

Cheers...

Thanks Bro for the ideas. I'll most likely be doing a partition tank with a center overflow on one side of the tank. Hubby have given the ok liao. Whahaha!

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

Thanks Bro for the ideas. I'll most likely be doing a partition tank with a center overflow on one side of the tank. Hubby have given the ok liao. Whahaha!

:thumbsup: Wise Decision

BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• SRC Member

Hey MIng, congrats... wow.. you know what when I went to see you 2 months plus ago I didnt' even realise you were pregnant.. :P you hid it well..... LOL but then ketchup say I damn unobservant.. guess I only I had eyes for your tank!!!! your frags are doing very well in my tank btw.. lol

This is so cool.. new setup etc. The best to you and your growing brood. :) 4 kids.. Wow... I kowtow to you... :bow:

LOL :lol:

I am also moving house so I will be shifting everything over to the new place.

Cheers, ;)

Desi

Sheldon (TBBT): A little misunderstanding? Galileo and the Pope had a little misunderstanding...

• SRC Member

Hey MIng, congrats... wow.. you know what when I went to see you 2 months plus ago I didnt' even realise you were pregnant.. :P you hid it well..... LOL but then ketchup say I damn unobservant.. guess I only I had eyes for your tank!!!! your frags are doing very well in my tank btw.. lol

This is so cool.. new setup etc. The best to you and your growing brood. :) 4 kids.. Wow... I kowtow to you... :bow:

LOL :lol:

I am also moving house so I will be shifting everything over to the new place.

Thanks! Good to know that the frags are growing well.

Only the tank will be new, most of the equipment will move over from old setup.

I dread to think what it will be like in a years' time..... :ph34r::fear:

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

YAY! Tell me when you want to do the shifting. I can render you help! :D

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Member

OMG.....no Murphy's Law here..

No more babies. Made sure of it 2hrs after the delivery. :)

Although the FengShui Master we consulted for his Chinese name said that he should have 5 siblings, I have already cut off that option. :lol:

Hi CF, if nor wrong, this concept can be found in Kitzo Philip show tank... the draw back is cleaning..

Oh.. just curious.. How's it affected cleaning? you mean Kitzo tank designed come with under-flow overpipe?? Haha.. never notice :)

I found the 2nd overpipe served under-flow function should be quite easy to remove and clean...

Cheers.. :thumbsup:

BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• 1 month later...
  • SRC Member

your hubby did the stand?!!?! OMG! can ask him impart me some DIY skills? hahahaha :)

Really nice sister! Let me know if you need help ok! :D

Thanks for the offer. Now we are looking for carpenter to supply/install the doors etc for the cabinet. Hubby thot we can save some $ doing the stand ourselves, but I think we might just end up paying more... :lol:

Nice DIY! I wish I have the proper tools to do some DIYs too.

It's always handy to have some power tools around the house. Although I think hubby don't really like me messing with his tools cos they always end up rusty and not back in its proper place. :lol:

Member of:

n34281892381_7606.jpg

• SRC Member

It's always handy to have some power tools around the house. Although I think hubby don't really like me messing with his tools cos they always end up rusty and not back in its proper place. :lol:

Lol... I know my mum will have my head if I use her kitchen wear for my reefing purposes... and there are indeed many that can be useful. :heh:

• Senior Reefer

Lol... I know my mum will have my head if I use her kitchen wear for my reefing purposes... and there are indeed many that can be useful. :heh:

agreed.

the whisk is especially useful for whisking semi-frozen henry's food with mysis and selcon.

the sieve is also good for thawing mysis shrimp.

agreed.

the whisk is especially useful for whisking semi-frozen henry's food with mysis and selcon.

the sieve is also good for thawing mysis shrimp.

and don't forget my mum's oven is good for baking baking soda to make them become baked baking soda and the blender to blend everything together; sotong, scallops, mussells, cod liver oil etc to make it into a 10-course gourmet meal for our fishes and corals! hahaha :)

Anyway ming, nice stand nonetheless! hope I can check it out soon :)

Happy Reefing,

Marc J.

• SRC Member
  • 2 months later...