#1 sand

• SRC Member

Harlequin Marine Aquarium

No 17 Cavan Rd

Tel : 6 396 5659

Located along Lavender Street, beside the Jln Besar Stadium. All things marine under the sun, even seashells. Specialize in marine tank setup and maintenance. Opens from 1pm - 8pm daily.

i noe they got sell but whether they got stock or not I'm not sure. Price is s/t like wat u said. Call to check if they got stock ar... and oso to check the location of the place if u dunno... hope tis helps :D

As a side note:

Unwashed #1 sand usually come in 10kg sacks, and retails at ard $8.

There are those which are washed and packed in plastic bags, but weighs significantly less (maybe ard 12-14kg) commanding the same price.

I just got my unwashed sand from Hawaii (Sembawang) but that might be out of your way.

Oops, correction guys.

Washed sand costs more per kg, so effectively they'll pack less into the plastic bags and charge you at $8/pk (vs a 10kg sack)

I bought 20kg, so I was thinking along that line....sorry, hope I didn't confuse you. (technically how can 'significantly less' be :P:P )

:P:P:P

The washing is just a precaution in case there are any toxic materials.

I washed the sand on my own to make sure I get all the undesirables out. It gave me a good workout anyway, and not to mention the 'sand massage' to clean out the grime in my nails.

Up to you buddy, as the saying goes, 'if you wanna do things right, you got to do it yourself'.

• SRC Member

yeah today me go down Harlequin Marine Aqarium ... bought 3 packets ...

wah that lfs try cheat me .. i call them ... ask them whether they still have stock .. then i ask how much .. they say $10/10kg...

then i ans them .. i tot u guys selling $8... then he diam diam .. .lol.. in the end i got it for $8

• 3 weeks later...