See any Whitecheek Tang at any LFS

GoofFish

• SRC Member
tEc' date='13 July 2010 - 06:48 PM' timestamp='1279018118' post='928449']

i recalled u gt a powder blue from terry? my advise is dun get the powder black cos ur pbt will kill it.....

i didn't get my PBT from Terry.. its too big..

i got mine from Larry...and its 2inches... i'm not getting powder black. i'm looking for

whitecheek tang.. anyway The Don Corleone of the tank is my yellow tang...

• SRC Member

:blink: in case u dunno this, whitecheek tang = powder black.....it is the same fish....lol

in case u dunno how fierce a powder blue can be, u seen my black tang, he is so much bigger than my pbt, but my pbt will fight the black tang. n if u never see a pbt whack a fish, my advise is, dun try. when pbt whack a fish, it make sure the fish is dead b4 it will give up.

• Senior Reefer

powderblue is a hell of a fierce fish...

i've seen it mercelessly kill fishes before. and trust me. it's very painful to see. it will bite, chase, slash, until the fish bleeds and die.

• SRC Member

thanks so much for all the warning guys... really appreciate the input...

Vtec.. didn't know your PBT is The Don of the tank.. i tot your Handsome Black Tang.

anyway as for now, my yellow tang(The Don) is the king of the tank. he often give a short chase to my PBT. don't know once day my PBT will topple the throne from my Yellow Tang.

anywa bro Vtec.. sorry i give a quick read and misunderstand what u wrote. i tot u type Powder Brown Tang... anyway didn't know Whitecheek tang is also call Powder Black tang.

Powder Brown Tang is also call Japanese Tang or Whiteface Tang..

I learn a few new things from this thread. thanks once again..

• SRC Member
tEc' date='13 July 2010 - 08:02 PM' timestamp='1279022537' post='928462']

:blink: in case u dunno this, whitecheek tang = powder black.....it is the same fish....lol

in case u dunno how fierce a powder blue can be, u seen my black tang, he is so much bigger than my pbt, but my pbt will fight the black tang. n if u never see a pbt whack a fish, my advise is, dun try. when pbt whack a fish, it make sure the fish is dead b4 it will give up.

I so agree on this. In my early days, I thought my tank size is able to compromise more than 1 powder series.

but it turn out that, the older but smaller PBT rip a powder black so badly once i release it that the powder black got a pectoral fin almost gone and its body was so badly slashed. and not stop fighting after that.

so don't make the same mistake as I did. Unless, you got at least a 500g tank, then you make want to take the risk.

if not, dun try.

If a man could beat his own fantasy. Then to only breed in captivity. Then its pointless.

Genesis 1:20

And God said, Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that has life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven. And God created great whales, and every living creature that moves, which the waters brought forth abundantly, after their kind, and every winged fowl after his kind: and God saw that it was good. And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth. And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

|| Tank: 78" x 30" x 30" || Sump: 48" x 22" x 20" || Lights: PowerModule 10 X 80W|| Returns: 2 x HF32 ||

|| Skimmer: BubbleKing Supermarin 300 || Wavemaker: 3 x 6100 & 1 x 6200, 2 x Wavebox 6212, WavySea ||

|| FR: 2 x FR150 || NR: Sulphur Denitrator || CR: RM Custom Made 8" || KR: Deltec KM500 || TopUp: Tunze Osmolator 3155 ||

|| UV: Coralife 12X 36W || Ozonizer: Sanders C200|| Controller: GHL Profilux Plus II Ex ||

Hi bros, do you think powder black tang is compatible with a black tang & scopas?

Will they fight to the death in the tank?

Main Tank: 3ft x 2ft x 2ft

Sump Tank: 2ft x 1.5ft x 1.5ft

Overflow Pump: 4500 l/hr

Lighting: T5 HO Metal Halide

Wavemaker: MP40w

Skimmer: BK Mini 200

Chiller: Arctica DBM-250 1/3hp

Phosphate Reactor: TLF Phosban 150

Ren siao gui da!

Small fish with feisty character!

Any recommendation of tangs to buy?

Any recommendation of tangs to buy?

• SRC Member

Hi bros, do you think powder black tang is compatible with a black tang & scopas?

Will they fight to the death in the tank?

powder black is okie with black tang n scopas. but u gt to pick a slightly bigger one else ur black n scopas will bully it. but with a black tang in ur tank, i wun wan to risk throwing a powder tang in, reason is powder tangs get ick easily. i see no reason of risking a black tang with a less than $20 fish. unless u r able to QT ur powder tang