Pls advise me on what brand should i get for my equipment and customiz

Hi Reefer out there i need some advise. I will like to set up a 3 ft tank for my marine fish. But i'm not sure on which brand should i get for the equipment and the size for the equipment. I looking at mid - range pricing.

I will be getting the following equipment pls let advise me on the brand, pricing and where i can get them. Thanks in advanced!!!

My tank size is 3 ft by 2 ft by 1.5 ft. I will have a sum tank as well. Pls also advise what the size i should be getting for the equipment.

1. customized make tank anyone know where i can get them?

2. 1 main pump, 2 sub pump for skimmer and chiller

3. Wave Maker

4. Chiller

5. Skimmer

6. Lighting

THANKS ALOT.

Hi Reefer out there i need some advise. I will like to set up a 3 ft tank for my marine fish. But i'm not sure on which brand should i get for the equipment and the size for the equipment. I looking at mid - range pricing.

I will be getting the following equipment pls let advise me on the brand, pricing and where i can get them. Thanks in advanced!!!

My tank size is 3 ft by 2 ft by 1.5 ft. I will have a sum tank as well. Pls also advise what the size i should be getting for the equipment.

3. Wave Maker

4. Chiller

5. Skimmer

6. Lighting

THANKS ALOT.

Yoh... I had almost the same tank dimension in mind. Would monitor this thread. :thumbsup:

• Like 1

list down yr constraints like vitamin M, etc and priorities like support, energy consumption, etc, then ppl can help. All the best.

Tank : 4 X 2 X 2 with low iron front panel and external overflow

Skimmer : BK SM200 with waste collector

Return Pumps : Red Dragon 6m3 and Ehiem 1262

FR : 2 X Deltec 509 & powered by AB2000

Nitrate Filter : Deltec NF 509 and tee off from AB2000

Calcium R'tor : Deltec PF 501 with RM secondary chamber

Kalkwasser R'tor : Deltec KM500

Chiller : Pansonic 1 HP Compressor with 20m titanium Coil

Wave Makers : 4 X Tunze 6055 with 7096 & Vortec MP40w

Controller : GHL Profilux

Lighting : ATI Powermodule 10 or 8 tubes

Water Top-up : Water Top-Up tank powered by Tunze Osmolator

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Ozonizer : Sander C50

UV : Corallife 6x

Algae Scrubbler

list down yr constraints like vitamin M, etc and priorities like support, energy consumption, etc, then ppl can help. All the best.

bro can you tell me more on the thing u mention on the vitamin M and support?

I think energy cosumption to be as low as possible.

• SRC Member

3. Wave Maker

4. Chiller

5. Skimmer

6. Lighting

THANKS ALOT.

1) There are a lot of customized tank maker, Henry from Marine Life at West Coast, Iwarna at Pasir Ris fish farm, Coral Reef at Ubi, AquaMarin at Upper Paya Lebar Rd and many more that the others could chime in.

2) 1 Main pump is enough for the return pump for the tank as well as chiller. A Eheim 1260 is just nice. A work horse brand that last long.

3) You could go with either Tunze wave maker or Vortech wave maker or a mixture of both. High quality equipment and some of the wave maker from Tunze are programmable. All model of the Vortech are programmable too!

4)Top brand are Arctica and Teco follow by made in China Hailea and Resun. With proper placement and ventilation, chiller should last long unless placed in cramped and poor ventilation area. Best advise is to get 1 model up of the required chiller model you want to purchase due to the coming hot weather. A higher model should be able to cope with the extra heat load during this period. Also, another tip is to get the chiller modified to include an external temperature probe to be placed in the sump. Reason being, most of the internal temperature probe design are flawed in that if you choose a low flow rate pump, the internal temperature sensor in the water compartment of the chiller might register a lower reading and will switch off the chiller. A few minutes later it will switch on again when the cool water had exited from the chiller being replaced by the tank water. With an external temperature probe, the chiller is actually measuring the tank water, hence giving a proper reading of the total tank water.

5) For your tank size, look into the Super Reef Octopus XP 2000 cone skimmer. Low wattage of only 30w and there are 2 model to choose from for in sump operation.

6) Led light set are the in thing nowadays with their lower power consumption compared to their T5 and MH ( metal halide ) counterpart. Look at Maxspect light set, you would need their 170w model or the 230w model for your tank size, depending on what type of coral you want to keep.

Hope this helps! :thumbsup:

1) There are a lot of customized tank maker, Henry from Marine Life at West Coast, Iwarna at Pasir Ris fish farm, Coral Reef at Ubi, AquaMarin at Upper Paya Lebar Rd and many more that the others could chime in.

2) 1 Main pump is enough for the return pump for the tank as well as chiller. A Eheim 1260 is just nice. A work horse brand that last long.

3) You could go with either Tunze wave maker or Vortech wave maker or a mixture of both. High quality equipment and some of the wave maker from Tunze are programmable. All model of the Vortech are programmable too!

4)Top brand are Arctica and Teco follow by made in China Hailea and Resun. With proper placement and ventilation, chiller should last long unless placed in cramped and poor ventilation area. Best advise is to get 1 model up of the required chiller model you want to purchase due to the coming hot weather. A higher model should be able to cope with the extra heat load during this period. Also, another tip is to get the chiller modified to include an external temperature probe to be placed in the sump. Reason being, most of the internal temperature probe design are flawed in that if you choose a low flow rate pump, the internal temperature sensor in the water compartment of the chiller might register a lower reading and will switch off the chiller. A few minutes later it will switch on again when the cool water had exited from the chiller being replaced by the tank water. With an external temperature probe, the chiller is actually measuring the tank water, hence giving a proper reading of the total tank water.

5) For your tank size, look into the Super Reef Octopus XP 2000 cone skimmer. Low wattage of only 30w and there are 2 model to choose from for in sump operation.

6) Led light set are the in thing nowadays with their lower power consumption compared to their T5 and MH ( metal halide ) counterpart. Look at Maxspect light set, you would need their 170w model or the 230w model for your tank size, depending on what type of coral you want to keep.

Hope this helps! :thumbsup:

bro really appreciate ur time typing and giving me the info... thanks :)

• SRC Member

bro can you tell me more on the thing u mention on the vitamin M and support?

I think energy cosumption to be as low as possible.

Vitamin M = Money.. :lol:

how much are you willing to spend,

what is your budget?

My Decomissioned 2ft Cube: (31st March 2011)

Carpe Diem~!!!

My Current 4ft X 2ft X 2ft:

Thks Kiko for the elaboration.

Tank setup, plenty but difference will be their quality, price, workmanship, planning in setup and after-sales. There are always good and bad reviews so go round and see yrself unless u fully trusted forum reviews or shop selling tactics. Some big names may seem reputable but knowing further may not worth a try while small players may be risky to try.

The technologies have improved, hence big name may not be 100 percent good, vice versa. It's is like buying watch, rolex vs casio. Both tell u the time but one got more x-factors. So it depends on the depth of yr wallet and willingness to spend.

Certain technologies are at it's infant or pioneering stage, hence do more researches before going in, don't just blindly follow trend.

General queries will only get full spectrum answers from all kind snrs here but it is understandable for newbies. Gather more info, depending on yr learning method, via reading or talk to ppl & shop visiting.

Just my 2 cents worth opinion. No offense. Good day and luck.

External Monitor : American Pinpoint pH and Temp. Monitor for main tank and GHL Profilux Controller to measure temp, pH, Redox

Algae Scrubbler

Thks Kiko for the elaboration.

Tank setup, plenty but difference will be their quality, price, workmanship, planning in setup and after-sales. There are always good and bad reviews so go round and see yrself unless u fully trusted forum reviews or shop selling tactics. Some big names may seem reputable but knowing further may not worth a try while small players may be risky to try.

The technologies have improved, hence big name may not be 100 percent good, vice versa. It's is like buying watch, rolex vs casio. Both tell u the time but one got more x-factors. So it depends on the depth of yr wallet and willingness to spend.

Certain technologies are at it's infant or pioneering stage, hence do more researches before going in, don't just blindly follow trend.

General queries will only get full spectrum answers from all kind snrs here but it is understandable for newbies. Gather more info, depending on yr learning method, via reading or talk to ppl & shop visiting.

Just my 2 cents worth opinion. No offense. Good day and luck.

Bro thanks for ur 2 cents of opinion, i hope to keep my budget around 1K for the tank set up.

I did ask around my frens as well is it good to go for those high end brand for the equipment or a 2nd hand.

Some feedback going for those low end brand tend to spoil faster am i dun how true is that...

Is there a formula to calcuate on what size i should get for my main pump, chiller and skimmer?

1k for whole setup including tank? If yes, will be very tight. For yr proposed dimension, pump can be 2400 to 3000 and depends whether you going for 2 returns. Reliablilitjy, ehiem is recommended(second hand 1260 to 1262 should be below 100) but rather high power consumption conpared to aquabee. Nowadays, more choices. Pls note for pump, there is pressurized bs non pressured, in sump and out sump or both type. For chiller, u can go 1/5 to 1/4, later bring more powerful. Skimmer, really depends on yr choice but suggest u go for slight over kill, ranging from 400 l to 850 l, note there are 2 readings, heavy stock vs normal stock.

For quality vs price, it is really subjective and depends on yr beliefs. Some started with those cheaper equipment and then upgrade when becoming more pro while others started all high end and cannot last in this hobby and decomm. U know yr self best, committed and perservence or short life span on hobbies. Hope my advice makes sense to u.

Algae Scrubbler

1k for whole setup including tank? If yes, will be very tight. For yr proposed dimension, pump can be 2400 to 3000 and depends whether you going for 2 returns. Reliablilitjy, ehiem is recommended(second hand 1260 to 1262 should be below 100) but rather high power consumption conpared to aquabee. Nowadays, more choices. Pls note for pump, there is pressurized bs non pressured, in sump and out sump or both type. For chiller, u can go 1/5 to 1/4, later bring more powerful. Skimmer, really depends on yr choice but suggest u go for slight over kill, ranging from 400 l to 850 l, note there are 2 readings, heavy stock vs normal stock.

For quality vs price, it is really subjective and depends on yr beliefs. Some started with those cheaper equipment and then upgrade when becoming more pro while others started all high end and cannot last in this hobby and decomm. U know yr self best, committed and perservence or short life span on hobbies. Hope my advice makes sense to u.

Okie i think through again which path i should take... Thanks for the info man =)