lionfish?

• SRC Member

well...u can always put it in your refugium(if you are having one) or buy a dwarf lion fish instead :huh:

ever saw a huge lion fish with a school of small fishes....ask the owner y didn't the lion fish attack the smaller fish....he says it may/may not attack :blink: but it will definitely attack if you feed LH to them :unsure::blink::wacko:

• SRC Member

If its around medium size it won't. Its not very active either as long as u provide some cover for it to hide against. LR (which either come with the macro algae-or by itself).

i also thinkin of it- so mine is now in a 2ft with some algae & rocks.Amphipod population still strong.

• SRC Member

i thk the bottom line is get a dwarf lionfish will be the best idea :P

even disturb the DSB...i doubt it can disturb the bottom layer of the sand :) which the crucial area which you must never let it happen...the top layer of DSB disturb abit never mind lar :unsure:

• SRC Member

Saw lotsa Lionfish at Pac Marine today.

post-36-1093875548.jpg

Warning: Heavy handed moderator in operation. Threads and post are liable to be deleted or moved without prior notification.

Moderator's prerogative will be enforced.

Any grievances or complains should be addressed to The Administrator.

http://www.sgreefclub.com/forum/uploads/post-36-1073276974.gif post-36-1073276974.gif

• SRC Member

I've got 2 lionfish and a ribbon ell looking for a new home.

Acrylic Aquarium Filtering Systems

Acrylic tanks, sumps, protein skimmers, overflow box, refugium, calcium reactors, zeovit reactors and many more...

Our New Address:

Blk 9003, Tampines St. 93,

Tampines Industrial Park A,

#03-134, Singapore 528837

(Located behind Tampines SAFRA)

Contact Nos.

(Tel) +65 9298 9489

(Fax) +65 6588 4711

Please direct your...

Email me : info@iaquatic.com

*Please do not send PM's to us. Thank you

• SRC Member
nice batfish, dodo. just like them so much.

just want to ask, how big a tank can i use to house a lionfish? an antenna..

tis avatar was given to me by Rumour...that's my favourite fish together with Emperor Tang...but my tank is pretty full now...so sad cannot add in anymore fish :(

i thk no hard rules on the tank size to house a lionfish lar...IMO, a 3ft x 2ft x 2ft tank wif adequate swimming space should be enuf :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
  • SRC Member

IMO, practise the same as what u would do towards lionfish....

Let us work together to preserve the world for our children to inherit by being responsible to our surroundings. Take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, bubbles and memories.

• 2 weeks later...

For info,

I saw a lot if lionfish at Pac Marine also, different sizes,

Big : $12 - $15 (I think)

Small : $8 - $10 (I'm sure)

I'm actually contemplating putting 1 small (dwarf) lionfish into my reef tank with 4 other fishes (1 purple tang, 1 flame angel, 1 gamma & 1 forget the name fish), against advise from a few ppl, saying that the lionfish will eat the other fishes, but I saw 2 big lionfish at Reef Aquarius together with many other fishes in its display tank and all are ok.

According to Derrick (boss of Reef Aquarius), he said he did it by NOT feeding any live food, instead feed the lionfish with dead prawn/fish etc. In time to come, the lionfish will be used to eating dead food and will not bother those which are alive.

Any comments on that?

I would like to hear from you so that I can decide on whether to try putting in a lionfish or not.

• SRC Member

Hmmm pardon me if I'm wrong, but that tank at Reef Aquarius has mostly LARGE fish (big Tangs and stuff), and I didnt notice if he did keep any smaller ones... That would remove most of the dangers for them in keeping the lionfish.

In yr case, I guess the gamma would be the no. 1 choice for its first meal? If yr Tangs and angels are larger than the lionfish (dwarf lions arent large, so i guess shldnt be a problem?), then I guess they wouldnt be in immediate danger.

Just my 0.1 cent :)

Thanks for your info.

Ya, I think the gamma will be the 1st casualty, in that case I will most likely abandon the idea as this will be very cruel, its like murdering, knowing that the lionfish will eat the gamma and still put it in is as good as commiting a murder.

Thanks