Sudden death

• SRC Member

Jus came back from werk at 4am n found my queen, africanus n scribble angel floating. No visible injury. Before im off to werk in e afternoon, all the fish was eating normally... No sign of any sickness. Any bro can explain? Dun tink of my water quality coz my others diffucult fish still around... Im so sad... :( :( :(

If u say every fishes are healthy when u leave for work, den it cannot be disease that killed your fish becos even the most deadly velvet cant kill in less than 12 hours.

Did u add any new fish recently and from where?

Did u do any changes to your water recently?

Could it be something u fed the fishes contains toxin?

If u say every fishes are healthy when u leave for work, den it cannot be disease that killed your fish becos even the most deadly velvet cant kill in less than 12 hours.

:agreed: ... also like what Lemon mention, r them new member in your tank? improper QT may result the failure... r U using NSW or Salt Mix?

Cheers...

30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif30ikthj.gif
BANNER.jpg
1-3.jpg

LFS Map in singapore

• Senior Reefer

sometimes underlying disease can be "masked" by seemingly healthy fish. but when the trigger is fired, disease outbreak can set into motion very quickly and kill everything.

Diseased fish can look very healthy and have varocious apetite. Esp if they are infected with gill flukes or other disease that are obvious which gives the fish a "healthy" look.

but the time span is so short.

sometimes underlying disease can be "masked" by seemingly healthy fish. but when the trigger is fired, disease outbreak can set into motion very quickly and kill everything.

Diseased fish can look very healthy and have varocious apetite. Esp if they are infected with gill flukes or other disease that are obvious which gives the fish a "healthy" look.

but the time span is so short.

But to kill three fishes in less than 12 hours? Even if gill flukes it'll still show symptoms like increased breathing for more than a day or two before it kills the fish. Velvet, brooks, ick all these have even more obvious symptoms like dust, color loss, whitespots increased breathing and appetite loss etc for a day or two before killing the fish.

Sudden death is more internal problem. Like internal parasites. But that happens more to wrasses and anthias and not big angels. Esp for v hardy fish like africanus to jux die overnight is v weird. So i guess could be toxin in the food u fed.

Possible cyanide poisoning, maybe one of his fishes could be poisoned and leached the poison into the water therefore the sudden death. Read an article before but i could be wrong as there are many possibilities.

Any deep water fishes that you have added into your FOWLR system, bro cool guy? Black cap? Swallow tail angels?

• SRC Member

My last fish was scribble angel from lck during their scribble shipment.

my water change was done on 01/11/2010.

i feed my fish with mysis n NLS pellet.

• SRC Member

Possible cyanide poisoning, maybe one of his fishes could be poisoned and leached the poison into the water therefore the sudden death. Read an article before but i could be wrong as there are many possibilities.

Any deep water fishes that you have added into your FOWLR system, bro cool guy? Black cap? Swallow tail angels?

nope... my list are as follow....

bluering angel

majestic angel

blueface angel

asfur angel

king angel

townsend angel

earspot angel

french angel

regal angel

lamark angel

coral beauty angel

naso tang

vlangi tang

wrasses x 8

spotted cardinal x10

clown fish x6

marine betta

green mandarin

dottyback from bro fuel x5

algae blenny

tats all tat i can remember...

was saving money to get clarion angel... now hav to use it to get the 3 fishes back...

really x3 down... tis 3 are my fav fish....

Clarion price drop a lot already, no need long saving like the past. Dun be disheartened, get clarion first, the rest can wait.

• SRC Member

that's ALOT of fish. what size is your tank?

anyway you can rule out cyanide poisoning because cyanide is not used in carribean and african fishes.

only indonesia and philippines.

4 by 2 by 2.5 feet....

so wat is the cause? my wife say maybe got ghost in my house... LOL....

• Senior Reefer

4 by 2 by 2.5 feet....

that's alot of fish for tank that size. especially with so many big angels.

hmm i really dunno lei. hard to access just like that.

is it? wat e price now bro...

2000 to 2500 sing if u get from LCK. The price has dropped by half, but will not drop further. It'll be stagnant at this pricing, jux like conspic price is also around 2000 despite being seasonal w constant supply yearly.

4 by 2 by 2.5 feet....

Ghosts dun disturb fishes, they disturb the living pple! Jus kidding.

Fishes die of too many reasons. My advice is get on your feet, stop thinking and move one to other new fishes. But make sure your tank is ok first, else there'll be more deaths.

Check your dissolved oxygen levels if possible. If don't have D.O meter increase your tank turnover rate and upsize the skimmer if possible. If your sump is salt spray proof you can add a few airstones in it.

Always something more important than fish.

http://reefbuilders.com/2012/03/08/sps-pico-reef/

What can killed a fish in minutes? Ammonia spite. New tank syndrome or overloading & over feeding. Aerobic bacteria unable to cope with sudden ammonia spite. Like what fuel suggested solution to prevent such sudden death will be to increase your turnover rate with oversize powerful skimming to cope with your immense fish load.